Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgentlovecraft

Why don't you just ask her which one she'd rather watch, play it cool and say something about how slow zombies are better to bait her into a discussion to see which she's into.  If she says slow then it's oldschool Dawn of the Dead all the way.  If she says the faster zombies are much scarier then pick up the new one.  It will also tell you if she's really a true fan of horror films or just a typical fan.

oldgentlovecraft

Damn I'm a horror nerd!

defskull

Doesn't exactly determine if she is a true fan or not. It's very possible she's a hardcore horror fan and just be in the mood for the recent jolts.

An bád dubh

Good pointers guys, and now I'm confident that Dawn of the Dead is the one to go with. Also, I'm gonna go with the newer one, the trailer looked awesome - although oh so scary - and I'm sure that even the biggest horror fan would get scared watching that movie.

And yeah, I'm just gonna surprise her, because when she said that she loves horror I immediately replied that I'm scared out of my mind of horror movies. So this is something that she's not gonna be expecting at all, and I like to give people something that they are not expecting, even though they want it.

And yeah, you said it DefSkull, my feeling is that she hasn't been able to find any good NEW horror movies, thus this will also take her off guard on that sense and hopefully surprise her even more when she notices that she loves this one.

Maybe I'll let you guys know how the evening went, with all the details about me watching the movie between my fingers and screaming out of fear. Yeah, that'll surely make a great impression on her...

jv_

if shes a fan of horror wouldent you think that shes probably already seen dawn of the dead?
it was pretty big

An bád dubh

Quote from: jv_ on Dec 09, 2006, 11:42 AM
if shes a fan of horror wouldent you think that shes probably already seen dawn of the dead?
it was pretty big
Point taken, although a couple of hours too late. But even if she has, I'm pretty sure that she will at least enjoy immensely seeing me suffer while I watch it. Besides, if this movie is as good as I keep hearing, watching such great movie again is always a joy. Hell, at the moment I'm watching OZ for the 3rd time from beginning to the end and I still can't get enough of all that buttfucking and those oh so devious Skinheads and Negros.

ToneDef

Man, don't get a horror film. If it ends up freaking you out in front of your girl then consider yourself well and truly fucked. A lot of people say horror is their favourite genre just to sound.. cool? Maybe she's not too into it at all.

The last time I had a girl round I put on Leon. She had never seen it before and I figured it had a good balance of action, drama and even a little romance. She loved it man.

True romance would be a good one too if she ain't seen it. All about love and plenty of violence, action and comedy.

Azwethinkweiz

haha, amen ToneDef !

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: defskull on Dec 09, 2006, 06:27 AM
Doesn't exactly determine if she is a true fan or not. It's very possible she's a hardcore horror fan and just be in the mood for the recent jolts.

I meant the debate itself, not which side she chose.  The fact that she was into discussing which was better would show how into horror films she really is, and then he might've just got points for pointing out the difference.  It was pretty much a joke, but could've worked.

An bád dubh

Okay, the evening was a success. She hadn't seen the film before, and she liked the fact that I got a horror movie even though I'm scared of them. The movie itself was actually not even that scary... well, a lot of dead zombies and whatnot, but it was mostly a normal movie with some added horror in it. The movie was still pretty good.

I'm not gonna tell much details to you perverts, but this girl is pretty awesome...
I might be back to this topic some of these days, until then....
Holy Lord, Shawshank Redemption is such a Good Movie!

Azwethinkweiz

awesome for you, man :)

An bád dubh

Jerry_Curls

She gave you a "scaringly" good time?
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Azwethinkweiz

watched 'the break-up' yesterday.

i liked it, alot. it wasnt your typical 'hollywood romantic ending'.

vince vaughn is the man.

An bád dubh

one weak

haha, i bet. be careful though, she could be one of those necropheliacs and picture you dead while you're...well you know.

An bád dubh

Quote from: one weak on Dec 11, 2006, 11:40 PM
haha, i bet. be careful though, she could be one of those necropheliacs and picture you dead while you're...well you know.
Haha, I don't know why, but that kinda turns me on...

Layla

i watched "the devil wears prada" lastnight...its a typical chick flick, but with good wardrobe.

oldgentlovecraft

Just watched Grandma's Boy.  Holy shit that was funny.  "I can't believe you came on my mom."

one weak

yeah, nick swardson is hilarious.