Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azwethinkweiz

watched david cronenberg's the fly again tonight.

amazing movie. i love it.

ChickdelaLynch

I saw The Rocky Horror Picture Show today and I gotta say, I have no idea what I watched.  ???

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Feb 02, 2007, 11:57 PM
watched david cronenberg's the fly again tonight.

amazing movie. i love it.

I love that film.  It's got all those good dark, grossout parts that make a good horror film, and the creature effects are top notch.  AND in the end it's tragic, and you really feel for Brundlefly.

Paint Your Lips

How many of you gore and horror lovers has seen Irreversible?? :D

Azwethinkweiz

*raises hand*

i've never felt so depressed after watching a movie.

i've had it on dvd for almost 2 years now and only watched it once. such a brutal and devestating movie.

it's a great movie though; top notch actors.

and btw, the "fire exstinguisher (sp?)" scene is one of the most realistic scenes of violence i've ever seen.

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Feb 03, 2007, 04:06 PM
and btw, the "fire exstinguisher (sp?)" scene is one of the most realistic scenes of violence i've ever seen.

To this day I still can't watch that scene without covering my eyes.

Paint Your Lips

Hehe, yeah, it is indeed a brutal film. It took some time to get through the rape scene. They did a fucking great job with that movie. It's beautiful and artistic as well. And the ending is just so deppressing.

Great flick if you don't have bad nerves.

And I agree, Theis. the "fire exstinguisher (sp?)" scene is just so real, prob. why so many walked out of the theater after ten minutes, hehe.

fireflyry

I watched it due to the fact I think Monica Bellucci is one of the most gorgeous females I've ever seen but was also really....something.....I've never seen a rape scene on film before and it was a little bit to much for me.

Either way she is sooooooo hawt.Weird film though.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Paint Your Lips

Indeed majorly hot. But, it's hard to get a turn on when the dude says, "Are you bleeding? Or just happy to see me?"... And then kicks the shit out of her.

Maximum Bob

I want Borat to come out on DVD.

black coffee

watched Garden State yesterday. excellent movie.

Azwethinkweiz

Quote from: black coffee on Feb 10, 2007, 12:15 PM
watched Garden State yesterday. excellent movie.

definitely!

zach braff did an excellent job as a first time director.

i can't wait to see more of his stuff.

Paint Your Lips

Saw Jarhead again last night, pretty cool movie.

ChickdelaLynch

So I saw The Queen yesterday. It was nothing spectacular. I find Helen Mirren's performance to be overrated. This movie just didn't leave a lasting impression on me.

defskull

Quote from: ChickdelaLynch on Feb 12, 2007, 08:38 PM
So I saw Little Miss Sunshine the other day. It was nothing spectacular. This movie just didn't leave a lasting impression on me.

Mazzy

i just watched the hours.

i had moderate expectations. i figured NINE academy award nominations + meryl streep and julianne moore + disfigured nicole kidman = at the very least passable. and in a way i was right, it was just passable. it got across the line by 'a bee's dick' as we used to say in the public service (probably when preparing litigious statistical data).

i have two main problems:

(1) the nose was not enough. nicole kidman was just fucking crap in it. she could have been wearing a prosthetic head and i could still tell that she was hamming it up. watch it again, she's a piece of lumber.

(2) the ending. jesus. i mean, this is where it all comes together or where it all falls apart. it did the latter. you've got the two A-list actors, they're obviously destined to have this confrontation and then when it happens, on this beautiful set...well nothing happens. to my mind, it should have been something like this:

but ended up being just the crappy end of the movie.

on the plus side, toni collete was in it.

Azwethinkweiz

heat is one badass movie.

one weak

volver is awesome. did i already say that?...or was it deleted?

Jerry_Curls

Just saw 24 Hour Party People last night. Liked it. The guy who played Tony Wilson is funny.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

oldgentlovecraft

Watched Employee of the Month, not much of a fan of "it boy" Dane Cook, but it had its moments.  The security guard and Andy Dick were fucking hilarious.