Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

Going to see Zodiac tomorrow.

I'm excited.

black coffee

Quote from: ChickdelaLynch on May 21, 2007, 03:43 AM
I just saw The Salton Sea tonight. I'm not keen on Val Kilmer, but I actually liked him in this role. I think the story was great.

that movie is indeed good. whenever I hear about The Salton Sea, it reminds me of a friend who borrowed the dvd ages ago and never gave it back to me. dick

I've seen The Perfect Crime a couple days ago... Anthony Hopkins looks like a poor man's Hannibal there, which makes me kind of sad.

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: theis on May 27, 2007, 09:45 PM
Going to see Zodiac tomorrow.

I'm excited.

I think you'll like it.

I saw Pirates 3. It was good, but a little too long for my liking. If it was a half hour shorter, it would have been better.

ToneDef

I had a dream yesterday that I was in Robocop.. Like the future Detroit and that. Robocop kept popping up and ED-209 wouldn't fuck off either. It was actually a fucking disturbing dream.

4th Eye

I watched Robocop 2 yesterday but I dreamt of getting laid....

theis

Zodiac.

Wow. What an amazing movie. One of the best i've seen in a long, long time. Better than The Departed (And I friggin love The Departed).

Everything was just top notch. It never felt too long and kept me guessing along the way. Incredible performances and the mood of the movie was just great.

Also, the murder with the knife is probably one of the most disturbing scenes i've seen. So realistic and gritty.

David Fincher is probably my favorite modern director (along with Christopher Nolan).

10/10 (!!!)

Corleone

spiderman 3 was terrible

theis

I just watched Hostel: Part II online (DVD quality leak).

I kind of liked the first Hostel, but this was just a fucking shitfest. Wow.

2/10.

deafnotes

Quote from: theis on May 28, 2007, 04:51 PM
Zodiac.

Wow. What an amazing movie. One of the best i've seen in a long, long time. Better than The Departed (And I friggin love The Departed).

Everything was just top notch. It never felt too long and kept me guessing along the way. Incredible performances and the mood of the movie was just great.

Also, the murder with the knife is probably one of the most disturbing scenes i've seen. So realistic and gritty.

David Fincher is probably my favorite modern director (along with Christopher Nolan).

10/10 (!!!)

zodiac and departed are so different.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: theis on May 31, 2007, 02:25 PM
I just watched Hostel: Part II online (DVD quality leak).

I kind of liked the first Hostel, but this was just a fucking shitfest. Wow.

2/10.

Blasphemy!!!

I watched Dead Man's Shoes, a bit slow but still really good. 

Mazzy

watched derailed and me and you and everyone we know.

derailed was quite good. better than i thought it would be. it was so depressing though but i'm glad it ended the way it ended.

me and you and everyone we know is fantastic. brilliant. amazing. beautiful. amazing. great. fucking awesome.

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on May 31, 2007, 07:45 PM
I watched Dead Man's Shoes, a bit slow but still really good. 

it's in my top five. i loved it.

ToneDef

Miami Vice.... Mate, a pile of shit. I got like the last half hour still to watch but I really can't be arsed.

theis

Word! Miami Vice was such a fucking letdown.

I love Michael Mann and his movies, but damn, this one just sucked.

ToneDef

Yeah man, Mann is the shit.. but this was just fucking stupid. Just throws you right in, no idea of what is going on really and it's just fucking boring.

defskull

Knocked Up was a cute movie.

How does Judd Apatow do it? He can make a perfect date movie and a crude sex comedy at the same time. I applaud the man.

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: Mazzy on Jun 02, 2007, 07:45 AM
watched derailed and me and you and everyone we know.

derailed was quite good. better than i thought it would be. it was so depressing though but i'm glad it ended the way it ended.

Anything with both Vincent Cassel and Clive Owen is worth watching.

Black Elvis

anywhere where some dude gets his nose clocked is worth watching.
i am the black elvis

Quote from: Black Elvis on Jun 15, 2007, 10:57 PM
Delicous melissa ticklish in your mothers delicious citrus clitorious

TheWatcher

i heard the new movie

"the 3rd" sucked ass.

ToneDef

Something about Clive Owen that pisses me off. From what I've seen he just likes to play.. Clive Owen. I let that shit slide with people like Denzel because they have bucketloads of charisma, but Owen is just a plank of wood. I like him, but he annoys me.

Just watched Silent Hill. Beautifully shot, if somewhat confusing. It really did look the part though.

Mazzy

Quote from: ChickdelaLynch on Jun 03, 2007, 04:17 AM

Anything with both Vincent Cassel and Clive Owen is worth watching.

fuck yes!!

vincent was great. i kept laughing because i've always seen him do the good guy. playing the bad guy was a very good idea.

Quote from: ToneDef on Jun 03, 2007, 05:16 AM
Something about Clive Owen that pisses me off. From what I've seen he just likes to play.. Clive Owen. I let that shit slide with people like Denzel because they have bucketloads of charisma, but Owen is just a plank of wood. I like him, but he annoys me.

i love clive owen. he's just one sexy hunk of a man. that aside, i really enjoy his movies. the thing with denzel washington is that all his roles are the same and i can see clive owen falling into that trap as well but i hope he doesn't. he has the versatility to do more. i want him to get back into british cinema. why hide that accent with an american one? it makes no bloody sense. actually, to crack the american market but still. it's blasphemy.