Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazzy

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Jun 09, 2007, 01:55 PM
Quote from: Mazzy on Jun 09, 2007, 03:28 AM
this movie shits on donnie darko. shits one big fat plompy piece of faeces on it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0351461/
If you're right about that, then I gotta see that movie !

trust me on this. donnie darko wasn't that great. this movie, however, is exceptional. just pure magic. it's not so full of things like overlapping storylines where you get confused and have to concentrate more than you should. i watched donnie darko so many times and although it was good, it's nothing like this. this movie doesn't depend on anything so huge scaled to be amazing. it really got to me, especially the ending. great ending.

theis

Seriously, Donnie Darko is a fantastic movie.

Sam

I agree with that, and that's because I saw the last 30 minutes of this movie on HBO when I was like 16.  That 30 minutes impressed the hell out of me and was enough to get me to buy the movie the next day.

sing blue silver

donnie darko is over rated crap.

Black Elvis

your just mad you didnt get boned by jake gylennhal, you'd die to be heath ledger.
i am the black elvis

Quote from: Black Elvis on Jun 15, 2007, 10:57 PM
Delicous melissa ticklish in your mothers delicious citrus clitorious

ToneDef

Haha. Although it's overused as being everyones favourite movie (kinda like Fight Club), it's still an amazing fucking film.

Layla

I went to an independant film festival this weekend. i saw, Midlothia, The Go Getter, Blue State, and Eagle vs. Shark, which is going to be huge! its the woman version neopolian dynomite. .blue state is going to be huge too. its comedy about an activist who moves to canada if bush gets re-elected.

no

Quote from: Layla on Jun 10, 2007, 07:42 PM
neopolian dynomite

completely butchered that title.

Layla

Holy fuck. i really did. im the first to admit, i suck at spelling. plus im totally baked. but that doesnt have anything to do with it. i use phonetics to spell. repeatedly.  ah, so much for trying to sound like a pseudo intellectual... ;) 

law

Saw 28 weeks later the other night. Very good film. The action in it and scare factor were both used amazingly so in that sense it was really well directed and it didn't drag.

However, the only thing that got to me were the small number of co-incidences that happened in order to allow the film to be good, like when the virus spreads again... I thought it was a bit much that even happened...

but that would make a boring movie lol. However, you see my point!

Black Elvis

high early this morning watching Weird Science, its one of those movies at that time of the night while high that are the best movies ever.
i am the black elvis

White Pwny

Quote from: Black Elvis on Jun 11, 2007, 03:43 AM
high early this morning watching Weird Science, its one of those movies at that time of the night while high that are the best movies ever.

Wierd Science is a classic even when you aren't high.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Black Elvis

i am the black elvis

ToneDef

Lost In Translation and Blade Runner are my high films. Fear and Loathing too.

lithium royalty

saw hostel 2, pretty decent, and gory.. the ending.. outta left fucking field.

oldgentlovecraft

Finally!  Someone who liked it too.  And the ending?  Typically only done in foreign horror films.  Roth is constantly paying homage to movies that he either grew up watching or admires now.

4th Eye

Hmm, Silver Surfer and apparently Galactus coming up in the new Fantastic Four. Should be interesting...I've been waiting the time they bring the universal badasses on the screen.

theis

just watched the '40 year old virgin' for the 10th time or something.

still hilarious.

"i am aquaman" HAHA.

Black Elvis

i am the black elvis

samson simpson

YEAAA||

YEDAAAAAAAA||