Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

defskull

Live Free or Die Hard is getting pretty good reviews. And I was going to see it expecting shitty reviews. Oh hell yes.

4th Eye

Quote from: Crazylegs on Jun 22, 2007, 10:15 PM
Quote from: theis on Jun 17, 2007, 05:39 PM
just came home from 'death proof' (long cut).

it was okay. the first half was definitely the best. the dialog just draaaaaaaaagged on and on in the second half. it was too much.

the action / violence was good tough.

6/10

I fucking loved it. I can agree on the talking dragging a little too long, but damn it was pretty darned entertaining. The first crash was insane.

Yeah, I noticed the long dialogs too but the car action was worth it. Good movie. 8/10

ChickdelaLynch

I saw Surf's Up with my dad today. The first movie I have seen in about a month and I must say it was good. Very cute and a little more adult than I thought it would be.

oldgentlovecraft

Watched Big Nothing, seemingly a dark comedy that turns extremely bizarre, and Night of the Living Dorks, a German zombie comedy.  It was actually entertaining.

theis

live free or die hard.

yessssssssss! this movie was awesome. i had really low expectations (due to the pg-13 rating), but i was pleasently surprised.

top notch action from the get-go and bruce willis is still awesome as john mcclane! very funny movie too.

this is probably the most violent pg-13 movie i've ever seen.

8.5/10

penny

my rating: 9/10

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: theis on Jun 28, 2007, 08:12 PM
live free or die hard.

8.5/10
It looked really, really ... unrealistic when I saw a preview on TV. You know, hollywood action blockbuster shit. Not gonna watch this.

Saw Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer last night, and oh my fucking God ! Give me back my wasted life ! That was the biggest piece of crap i've ever scene. I can't believe I let myself getting talked into seeing it. Avoid that movie ! Save yourself !

theis

If you loved the first 3 die hard movies, you'll love this one.

and of course some of the scenes are somewhat unrealistic. it's an action movie.

i haven't seen 'silver surfer' yet, but the first 'f4' sucked. the effects in this one looks pretty cool though. i'll wait for the dvd release.

theis

just watched the last kiss.

i loved it.

defskull

I saw Live Free or Die Hard. 

I'm pissed it was pg-13 but aside from that it was a good movie.  It's got nothing on the first one but it's still a really good movie.  A worthy addition to the canon.

Sam

Quote from: penny on Jun 28, 2007, 09:16 PM

Yeah I just got through watching it, it's a pretty good flick.

tarkil

Saw Die Hard 4 too... Very good movie... It's some basic Die Hard and Super John Mc Lane, but that's what's great actually.
A little bit too much sometimes, but it definitely worthes a watch... I recommend it !

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: theis on Jun 29, 2007, 11:38 PM
i haven't seen 'silver surfer' yet, but the first 'f4' sucked. the effects in this one looks pretty cool though. i'll wait for the dvd release.
Download it, don't waste money on that shit.

Sam

F4 looked really dumb in the previews..Silver Surfer didn't look cool or anything.  I still haven't seen the last F4 because it looked so stupid.  I'm guessing this one is the same as the last.

Live Free or Die Hard was a pretty damn good movie.  I just got through watching it on my computer. 

theis

you watched 'live free' on your pc? that's fucking dumb.

defskull

Amen to that. The audience I was with kicked ass much like the movie.

ChickdelaLynch

I don't know why, but I saw Someone Like You. Good God, what a horrible, predictable piece of crap. Why was Greg Kinnear in that?

Sam

Quote from: theis on Jul 01, 2007, 10:34 PM
you watched 'live free' on your pc? that's fucking dumb.

I don't believe in going to the movies anymore.  Plus it was a REALLY good bootleg. 

deafnotes

the new die hard.. is kinda corny. its like its so unbelievable. they should just make it a 3d films

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: Sam on Jul 01, 2007, 04:10 AM
Quote from: penny on Jun 28, 2007, 09:16 PM

Yeah I just got through watching it, it's a pretty good flick.

Not dark enough and they glossed over the details.  Gonna have to go back and read it.  Still, not too bad but could've been better.

6/10