Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4th Eye

Saw Transformers yesterday and I really liked it. Entertaining action, even some funny stuff here and there and the transformations were cool with well done visual and sound effects. The movie was quite long but I never got bored.

8.5/10

defskull

I saw Deja Vu last night and it was a really good movie.  A lot more interesting than I thought it would be.

TheWatcher

Quote from: 4th Eye on Jul 25, 2007, 04:58 AM
Saw Transformers yesterday and I really liked it. Entertaining action, even some funny stuff here and there and the transformations were cool with well done visual and sound effects. The movie was quite long but I never got bored.

8.5/10

7 out of 10

endin fight took forever... and took many close up couldnt tell what was going on.

oldgentlovecraft

Hills Have Eyes 2, typical ten little indians setup and nothing new.  Still, I enjoyed it.  Enough blood and guts (not enough boobies however) to keep me entertained.  Characters were horribly generic though, weakest part of the film.

ChickdelaLynch

I saw Factory Girl tonight. Sienna Miller did a good performance, but the movie was really nothing special. A humble girl gets involved with art and drugs and lives a very short life.

law

Quote from: 4th Eye on Jul 25, 2007, 04:58 AM

8.5/10

I saw it last night too, I'd give it the same rating. Enjoyed it thoroughly.

Jerry_Curls

I saw Sunshine two days ago. Really good. I was so tense the whole movie.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

defskull

Good. I want to see it. I look forward to it.

defskull

So yesterday I watched Batman Begins again (better than I remember) and now I'm watching the 1989 Batman movie and it's just not that great in comparison.  Though I will say I've always preferred Batman Returns to Batman.

ToneDef

The '89 movie does what it does fucking well. Although the new ones are doing a good thing, nothing.. NOTHING.. will ever top the 1989 movie for me personally. It's a childhood film of mine and holds a lot of memories. I still own my original '89 release VHS copy.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: ToneDef on Jul 31, 2007, 09:45 AM
The '89 movie does what it does fucking well. Although the new ones are doing a good thing, nothing.. NOTHING.. will ever top the 1989 movie for me personally. It's a childhood film of mine and holds a lot of memories. I still own my original '89 release VHS copy.

Still have my VHS too. 

theis

the simpsons movie

it was awesome!

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

I just watched Hot Fuzz again. Man that movie rules.

ChickdelaLynch

I saw Gosford Park today. It started off slow, gained some speed and got a little predictable towards the end. It was good, but not great.

ToneDef

One Hour Photo... Nutterrr...

Sam

I love that movie so much. Robin Williams' performance was creepy and convincing, and the musical score was pretty good too. 

defskull

Bourne Ultimatum kicked serious ass.

Mikey

i saw SUNSHINE twice this week. the movie has moved me more than others i have seen this year.

i had this weird cinematic orgasm after the first time.....i had this retarded smile on my face for the rest of the night.  it is soooo good!

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: Sam on Aug 05, 2007, 05:06 PM
I love that movie so much. Robin Williams' performance was creepy and convincing, and the musical score was pretty good too. 

Quote from: defskull on Aug 05, 2007, 05:23 PM
Bourne Ultimatum kicked serious ass.

tarkil

I just saw Skin Walkers, it's fucking shitty... I usually love these kind of movies, but this one was damn shitty in every single aspect...
It's a good thing that I bought the DVD for less than a couple of euros (China FTW...) else I would have feeled even more ripped of !

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.