Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

13hourstoparadise

Yeah, I found it boring too...

theis

boring? BORING!!??

it's anything but boring...

and what does Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang have to do with Zodiac...besides Downey Jr.? i like the movie though...it's funny.

zodiac is amazing though. a flawless period piece that really manages to grab a hold of the viewer without using tons of special effects.

chilling and effective...the best movie of 2007.

can't wait to get my hands on the director's cut.

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jan 10, 2008, 09:06 PM
boring? BORING!!??

it's anything but boring...

and what does Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang have to do with Zodiac...besides Downey Jr.?

I assumed since the main character is Jr. then you'd be a fan of his work... And yes, to me, it was boring, can I have an opinion?

theis

i never said you couldn't have an opinion.

13hourstoparadise

Sorry, it just seemed you took offense, I wasn't trying to offend you...

I did like the movie, but I had to pay a lot of attention to stay awake during it, that's all.

snw777

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Jan 10, 2008, 09:15 PM
I did like the movie, but I had to pay a lot of attention to stay awake during it, that's all.

exactly.

one weak

i liked Zodiak, but the book(s) are way better. Robert Graysmith's "Zodiak" goes so much further in depth as to all the suspects, and "Zodiak Unmasked" takes it a step further and shows you just how close they were to catching the killer. The movie was still good, but it would have had to be at least twice as long to really tell what Graysmith does in his books.

Uno

I liked juno. its better than knocked up.

with the heart of gold... to have and to hold.

theis

Quote from: one weak on Jan 11, 2008, 01:01 AM
The movie was still good, but it would have had to be at least twice as long to really tell what Graysmith does in his books.

fincher's original vision of the movie was 3hours+ long. the studio wouldn't go with it, so he had to trim it down.

i still think the movie manages to go into great detail about practically everything.

theis

13hourstoparadise

After speaking with my stoner friend...

If you have stoner friends you'll notice they tend to have a clearer understanding in some area than others, for instance...

We were talking about Shoot 'Em Up. I said it was a cool movie, and he replied, did you get it? Get what? That's is Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd... Paul G. being Fudd and Clive Owen bugs bunny, hence the carrots... That blew my mind, makes total sense, I now need to watch it again.

theis

i just watched Martin Scorsese's debut film "Who's That Knocking at My Door" from 1968.

very interesting.

defskull

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Jan 16, 2008, 12:00 AM

If you have stoner friends you'll notice they tend to have a clearer understanding in some area than others, for instance...

We were talking about Shoot 'Em Up. I said it was a cool movie, and he replied, did you get it? Get what? That's is Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd... Paul G. being Fudd and Clive Owen bugs bunny, hence the carrots... That blew my mind, makes total sense, I now need to watch it again.

Pretty obvious.  Don't need to be high to see that.

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: defskull on Jan 16, 2008, 07:09 AM
Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Jan 16, 2008, 12:00 AM

Pretty obvious.  Don't need to be high to see that.

Well slap me silly, I never caught on...

Shaye

Watch 'Confidence'.

Good flick with all-star cast: Ed Burns, Rachel Weisz, Dustin Hoffman, Paul Giamatti, just to name a few.

Just a fun movie that has some crime, action and a love story involved.

oldgentlovecraft

Almost time for Cloverfield!!!

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jan 16, 2008, 08:28 PM

I think it's Godzilla, what about everyone else?

White Pwny

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jan 16, 2008, 08:28 PM

OMG I want to see that SOOOOOOOOOO bad.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

goldpony

"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

13hourstoparadise

Nope, didn't see that post...

On the bright side, it's nice to know how nerdy people are today. :)