Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

13hourstoparadise

I saw 'Things We Lost in the Fire' a while ago and I really liked it...

theis

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Feb 28, 2008, 08:37 AM
I saw 'Things We Lost in the Fire' a while ago and I really liked it...

directed by a dane :D

13hourstoparadise

theis

people from denmark = danes ;)

Shaye

Last night I watched Good Luck Chuck, which I thought was good. I laughed pretty consistently throughout the movie which is all that matters int hat case.

And I also watched Rendition, which I liked but was also slightly confused by. It just sort of went around in a circle, then ended and left me feeling like I had to watch it again to see if there's something I missed. It was good overall though.

goldpony

seven samurai and rashomon were on this morning and i missed em :(
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

deftonekid

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Feb 28, 2008, 08:31 AM
Quote from: deftonekid on Feb 28, 2008, 12:11 AM
I watched House of Sand and Fog the other day, I loved the whole cinephotography, really cool to watch. Jennifer Conelly and Ben Kingsley are amazing. I recommend it a lot.

such a depressing movie...but great nonetheless.

yeah deppresing...but great perfomances...

Quote from: goldpony on Feb 28, 2008, 05:47 PM
seven samurai and rashomon were on this morning and i missed em :(

the first time I watched Rashomon I fell asleep, good movie though...:) Kurosawa is the shit!

ignore the fashion

one of my favorite movies

goldpony

one of the greats^^^
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

13hourstoparadise

I just watched Semi-Pro for free online... Pretty good, not that great, but it had it's moments!

st3v3n_g

Halloween (Rob Zombie's remake) - This movie was terrible.  In my opinion it makes the original look like a timeless and perfect piece of art, in general.  There was no suspense, the parts meant to be "shocking" weren't anything I haven't seen before, and it was so damn predictable it was getting ridiculous.  I was watching it with a friend, and I sware, I made like 4 or 5 predictions to an upcoming scene and it came true.  It was so boring and stale to me that I only watched the first 45 minutes or so, got up, walked into my computer room and got online instead.

The Darjeeling Limited - I'd been waiting for this to come out for a while since for some odd reason it wasn't played at either of the 2 multiplexes we have in town.  Anyway, if you want to know what the plot's about, go to Amazon, I just wanna give a quick opinion.  I actually enjoyed it, I may have had my hopes a little too high for how good it was going to be, but I liked it enough that I burned myself a copy ;)

What I'll be watching soon: George Carlin's newest HBO special titled "It's Bad for Ya," which aired yesterday and the rip was released today, so I now have a copy.  Can't wait to watch it after a lil while here, been a fan of Carlin's work for a while.

We need a lighthouse for the lost and a beacon for the broken

samson simpson

watched "disturbia" and i was blown away by how bad it stunk of shit

lithium

got jumper at the gas station, might watch it tomorrow. anyone seen it?
💩

goldpony

Quote from: lithium on Mar 03, 2008, 12:52 AM
got jumper at the gas station, might watch it tomorrow. anyone seen it?

i love how gas stations are the go to for bootlegs ;D every gas station, independent anyway, sells movies tghat just came out. in great quality too
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

lithium

saw ken park.. anyone else seen it?

💩

Mikey

yeah. waaaaay too many dicks in it.

oldgentlovecraft

Watched Funny Games last night, original not the remake.  It was pretty good actually.  Had a lot  to say about movies and their unrealistic depiction of violence and death.

theis

going to see there will be blood tomorrow. it better be good.

Mikey

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Mar 05, 2008, 04:49 PM
going to see there will be blood tomorrow. it better be good.
i've seen it three times.

but it ain't for everybody.

theis

just got home from "there will be blood"... i saw it with my dad and wow...what an experience.

i'm pretty speechless at the moment so i'm just going to say that this movie was amazing in many ways.