Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

i thought Rec sucked.

seen it all before...

lostpilot

I decided to share some worth-seeing movies with you. (various, older, newer..)

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly - French movie. Quite depressing, 'heavy' and in some way disturbing. About how a person feels when he's paralyzed completely.

Tracey Fragments - very odd movie, all very textural and complex. There is only few scenes where there movie is filmed with one camera only, whole movie is multi-track, if I may call it so.

The Fantastic Planet - animated old movie. Sci-fi, loved it while being high.

Persepolis - an animated story about Iranian girl going through life. A bit comedy.

Candy - 'Requiem for a Dream'ish movie, Heath Ledger doing drugs.. heavy and beautiful.

Half Nelson - my favourite movie ever, again, drug abuse, great soundtrack (Broken Social Scene).

The Nines - interesting movie about something.. look the nines. (if I would say what, I'd spoil the fun)

United States of Leland - a very nice drama about juvenile crime.

Chaos Theory - chich flick. Still a good Drama/Romance/Comedy

Into the Wild - a movie about a guy leaving all his family, friends, and travelling to live alone in Alaska. My recommendations!

The Rules of Attraction - interestingly shaped young-people-movie.

and new few war movies (I somehow became a fan of these movies, I love it how they show how war is absurd):

Full Metal Jacket, Jarhead, The Pianist, Platoon..

just a few movies.

theis

Some good movies there, man. Into the Wild is absolutely amazing. I cried like a baby at the end...

The Rules of Attraction is just fucking awesome. One of my favorites. Hilarious and tragic. "My name is not Richard...it's DICK!" :D

Full Metal Jacket is all kinds of badass.

I really want to see Half Nelson...it looks great. Tracey Fragments looks interesting too.

Ryan Reynolds is great, so i'm definitely interested in The Nines and Chaos Theory.

lostpilot

Yeah, somehow I started to really enjoy Ryan in many movies - I just love the way he acts. There is one more good movie with him - 'Definitely, Maybe'. Again, a chick flick, still, lovely.

And in same manner, I started to like two actresses - Ellen Page and, of course, Shannyn Sossamon, which is SO - FUCKING - HOT in The Rules of Attraction.

theis

Quote from: bored on Jun 23, 2008, 01:53 PM
Shannyn Sossamon, which is SO - FUCKING - HOT in The Rules of Attraction.

Amen, sister.

bright lights, big city

gonna watch Dogma and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back today in homage to george carlin
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Fireal1222

the first ninja turtles movie..  from the early 90s when they werent cartoons

is one of the best movies ive ever seen

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

oldgentlovecraft

Lol, yes!  That movie was awesome and I had a crush on April.

Fireal1222

yes. she is really pretty. i just watched the movie again.

tonight i think im gonna watch secret of the ooze

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

oldgentlovecraft

I'm going to have to find them again.  Turtles were the greatest thing in the world when I was younger.

Fireal1222

i used to love ninja turtles when i was a kid.. i have every single character from the shows action figure.. except for this alligator guy that i was never able to find over the years

but the reason i loved the movie so much is because its a kids movie. but it was totally made so that when the kids grow up they realize all the hidden jokes and stuff. the movie is just incredible.. the foot clan is scary as fuck too

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

oldgentlovecraft

Leatherhead!!!!

You're right about rewatching the movies when you're older and still being able to get something out of it.  They were fun then and are still entertaining now.

13hourstoparadise

I'm watching wedding crashers... God damn I want doctor quin medicine woman... Or, kiddy cat! :)

Old enough to be my mom, but I don't give a crap... I wanna motor boat...

bright lights, big city

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Jun 25, 2008, 02:30 AM
I'm watching wedding crashers... God damn I want doctor quin medicine woman... Or, kiddy cat! :)

Old enough to be my mom, but I don't give a crap... I wanna motor boat...
omg i totally agree
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

deafnotes

anyone seen the critical acclaim movie of maria carrey? lhaha

13hourstoparadise

hahaha, glitter, or glam, whatever that gay ass movie is called. Seriously, did anyone besides her see it. I bet the director didn't even watch it. Some how it just magical edited itself because no one in the right mind would waste time on such crap.

theis

just watched Fargo again. it just gets better with each view. a perfect movie. "you betcha!"

defskull

Haha such a great movie

Battle-Axe

Quote from: defskull on Jun 25, 2008, 10:29 PM

Haha such a great movie

Is that from The Thing remake? I haven't seen it properly but my boss had it on at work not so long ago.

Anyone here seen Dead Man's Shoes? I feel like almost the only person ever who has - I know a grand total of 3 people who have only heard of it besides myself :P One of my favourite films of all time.

Fireal1222

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jun 24, 2008, 07:48 PM

Leatherhead!!!!

You're right about rewatching the movies when you're older and still being able to get something out of it.  They were fun then and are still entertaining now.

dude yes. his name was leatherhead

i have every single ninja turles action figure except for him.. hundreds upon hundreds of characters. but no leather head

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.