Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devlin

just saw horton hears a who and i loved it. animation (CGI or classic) is the only way to do suess' work justice. his stuff just doesn't translate well with live action. my only problem is that jim carrey made horton a little to manic. but hey thats what you get when have jim carrey, who i like but should have toned it down for the humble do-gooder horton.

shine down unshy

Slumdog Millionaire was actually pretty interesting.  I saw The Wrestler and it surprised me, Mickey Rourke is an amazing actor (plus you get to see Marissa Tomei's ROCKIN tits.)  And Grand Torino is also good..love Clint Eastwood in that movie.

TheWatcher

anyone seen this movie yet?

theis

yup.

not very good. de niro and pacino are both great, but the script is awful and you've seen it all before. just bad movie making.

White Pwny

Saw Horton Hears a Who and loved it as well...

then watched  Hancock... had it's funny moments.. but meh.  just ok.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

defskull

I do want to say that despite a rip from Reservoir Dogs, I really like that Righteous Kill poster.

13hourstoparadise

'Fix' - indie movie based off real events, I liked it...

deftonekid

I just watched Rock&Rolla and I think it's a pretty cool movie. Ritchie is becoming one of my favorite directors. Liked how he never tells us which is the painting everyone wants, kinda like Tarantino did with what was inside the briefcase on Pulp Fiction.

13hourstoparadise

It will never be answered what's inside that breifcase... :(

defskull

I finally got around to seeing two movies on my list of movies to see: Slither and Pathology.

Slither was so badass.  My only complaint though, and I've read this elsewhere online, is the lack of nudity.  It would have made that movie complete.  Otherwise a great throwback to 80's horror movies. 

Pathology was sort of a disappointment.  I had heard it was disturbing and it was also from the creators of Crank, so I was expecting some good shit.  The characters were a too...one dimensional for me.  But the fucking in front of the corpse of the person you just killed was pretty great.  And the ending was satisfying as well.  I wish the person from Wedding Crashers had a bigger/better role though. 

lostpilot

last night we watched 2001: A Space Oddyssey when absolutely out of our minds with smoking the green..
that was quite and experience.

theis

Quote from: lostpilot on Jan 18, 2009, 01:57 PM
last night we watched 2001: A Space Oddyssey when absolutely out of our minds with smoking the green..
that was quite and experience.

haha, awesome.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: defskull on Jan 18, 2009, 08:07 AM
Slither was so badass.  My only complaint though, and I've read this elsewhere online, is the lack of nudity.  It would have made that movie complete. 
especially if it was Elizabeth Banks

Quote from: defskull on Jan 18, 2009, 08:07 AM
Pathology was sort of a disappointment.  I had heard it was disturbing and it was also from the creators of Crank, so I was expecting some good shit.  The characters were a too...one dimensional for me.  But the fucking in front of the corpse of the person you just killed was pretty great.  And the ending was satisfying as well.  I wish the person from Wedding Crashers had a bigger/better role though. 
This is on my list too, still havent seen it. But please tell me the Milano gets down n dirrrty in it

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defskull

She doesn't get down and dirty.   Another girl does though.  A lot.

4th Eye

Watched couple of movies last weekend...

[REC]: Positive surprise. At first, I didn't really know what to expect about the plot...just knew it's gonna be Blair Witch style filmed horror movie. It seemed realistic because the locations and apparently the actors' reactions in some scenes were real. And it was scary as well.

No Country For Old Men: Good movie but I don't think it deserved 4 Oscars...though I can't remember what were the challengers. It just lacked something that I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe a bit boring sometimes. Characters and acting performances were good, some nice scenes and overally I don't have much bad things to say. Maybe I was expecting too much.

Haute Tension: Intense, disturbing horror. I don't know if I liked the twist; it was surprising and well-timed but maybe it twisted the plot too much and left me a bit disappointed. Nevertheless, good stuff.

oldgentlovecraft

Watched The Darwin Awards and Norbit.  The Darwin Awards was hilarious and had tons of cameos.  Norbit, well,  I laughed pretty hard but it was stupid humor.  Always like Eddie Murphy.

ToneDef

Pineapple Express. Twice. Funny shit. Made me feel good and want to schmooooke.

shine down unshy

Quote from: deftonekid on Jan 17, 2009, 08:31 PM
I just watched Rock&Rolla and I think it's a pretty cool movie. Ritchie is becoming one of my favorite directors. Liked how he never tells us which is the painting everyone wants, kinda like Tarantino did with what was inside the briefcase on Pulp Fiction.

Watched it yesterday and I wasn't disappointed.  All the movies are the same:  action packed, awesome plot.  I thought it was funny when Gerard Butler's character danced with his best friend (don't want to spoil too much for anyone).

theis

just watched 'the dreamers' (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0309987/).

thought it was amazing. i'll definitely look into more of Bertolucci's works.

lostpilot

yeah, the Dreamers is a nice movie, though it was too.. ehm, open for me.