Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

defskull

My Bloody Valentine 3D was very awesome.  Some great, brutal kills.  The teenagers frustrate the hell out of you just like they should, randomly falling down and everything.  I recommend it to the horror/gore fans here on the board.

shine down unshy

Dawn of the Dead remake is seriously ill.  I got home last night around 3AM and watched it drunk as a skunk.

theis

Quote from: shine down unshy on Jan 20, 2009, 11:27 PM
Dawn of the Dead remake is seriously ill.  I got home last night around 3AM and watched it drunk as a skunk.

meh, running zombies...

the original is 10x better.

shine down unshy

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Jan 20, 2009, 11:31 PM
Quote from: shine down unshy on Jan 20, 2009, 11:27 PM
the original is 10x better.

Most def.  I like how the re-make really keeps it "real", like all the emergency broadcast interruptions etc.  The original is classic zombie cinema, will never be topped and is in its own category of awesomeness.  ;)

theis

well, high five then!

devilinside

SAW 56784930..............worst...............movie................evar!

bright lights, big city

isn't Jigsaw dead? how did they make a 4th, let alone a 5th? and a 6th this year?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devilinside

He had an accomplice

theis

words can't explain how much i hate the 'saw' movies.

bright lights, big city

ghey

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Jan 21, 2009, 06:54 PM
words can't explain how much i hate the 'saw' movies.
agreed
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devlin

i love those movies! even if they are getting predictable. i love the traps and i love all the twists.

the 4th movie takes place at the same time as the third so it was set up but jigsaw with the help of a new accomplice. the 5th is the new guy doing it. but he does it for revenge.

devilinside

I liked the first two I think,but then it just went downhill. And I totally like seein people getting killed in fucked up ways. hahahah

13hourstoparadise

Nick and Nora's playlist - sucked balls. I can't believe someone made a movie this boring.

devlin

Quote from: devilinside on Jan 22, 2009, 06:02 PM
I liked the first two I think,but then it just went downhill. And I totally like seein people getting killed in fucked up ways. hahahah

i guess i can understand why people are tired of them. once you've seen one you've seen them all. crazy killing machines and twisty turny plots. but i love it and haven't gotten the least bored of it 5 movies in. i look forward to 6 and everyone they make after. the plots may be getting weaker, but its still entertaining to me.

shine down unshy

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Jan 22, 2009, 07:15 PM
Nick and Nora's playlist - sucked balls. I can't believe someone made a movie this boring.

Let's hope you're wrong.  My friend is kind of a movie buff and says it was interesting and funny.  I'm about to watch it right now.

devilinside

Quote from: devlin on Jan 22, 2009, 09:00 PM
Quote from: devilinside on Jan 22, 2009, 06:02 PM

i guess i can understand why people are tired of them. once you've seen one you've seen them all. crazy killing machines and twisty turny plots. but i love it and haven't gotten the least bored of it 5 movies in. i look forward to 6 and everyone they make after. the plots may be getting weaker, but its still entertaining to me.

Ooh I love seeing all the ways they get killed,don't get me wrong. All the machines and shit are awesome! What I think was odd about this last one *SPOILER* was when the guy and girl were putting their arms in the box,it showed his arm getting cut....but didn't show hers. He ended up dying,and she crawled thru to the other room. I don't think she cut her hand and made him do it,and is somehow gonna be involved in the next movie.

devlin

oh i'm sure she will be in the next three movies in at least flashback form. thats one of the things i love about the twists and turns they keep making things confusing and at the same time asnsering old questions. and one movie flows into the next. just how everything is so connected and everything someone does effects all the games. i love wathing the convoluted plot unfurl and come together.

theis

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Jan 22, 2009, 07:15 PM

you think?

i liked it a lot. it was different from all of the other "teen flicks".

shine down unshy

Just got done watching it, it's worth a watch..definitely not boring at all.  I like how it's all about the night life..staying out all night going to concerts and clubs.

13hourstoparadise

It's just me, Micheal Cera has no acting skill, he just plays the exact same fucking person in everything he does. Maybe that's why I'm bias.