Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lithium

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Mar 31, 2009, 10:37 PM
Just watched Baby Mama. I'm in love with Tina Fey <3.
lol funny movie
💩

bright lights, big city

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2009/04/josh-schwartz-remaking-bright-lights-big-city
OMG OMG a remake to Bright Lights, Big City! i hope this isnt an april fools joke, I could really go for a shitty remake of a shitty movie!!!!!
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defskull

Definitely saw that today and thought of you. 

goldpony

Watched the Seventh Seal last night. Great film, but i think im good listening to Swedish for awhile ;D
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

one weak

Quote from: goldpony on Apr 01, 2009, 09:36 PM
Watched the Seventh Seal last night. Great film, but i think im good listening to Swedish for awhile ;D
Great, great film indeed. I watched it not long ago (i'd seen it before) and i forgot how awesome it is.

Really liked I Love You, Man thought it was perfectly executed as a fun, funny sporadic comedy where nothing has to happen to be really funny. It almost felt like Apatow had some sort of hand in it...though i feel like i remember seeing he really didn't have a hand in it???

bright lights, big city

yeah you're right, no Apatow. just has his normal actors in it, even these 2 familiar faces
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0516266/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0303013/
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Quote from: one weak on Apr 02, 2009, 03:20 AM
Quote from: goldpony on Apr 01, 2009, 09:36 PM
Great, great film indeed. I watched it not long ago (i'd seen it before) and i forgot how awesome it is.

Really liked I Love You, Man thought it was perfectly executed as a fun, funny sporadic comedy where nothing has to happen to be really funny. It almost felt like Apatow had some sort of hand in it...though i feel like i remember seeing he really didn't have a hand in it???

Woah man, long time no see. Good to see you back again.

one weak

yeah i lurk more often now. i figure i'll post in the movies section though.

one weak

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 02, 2009, 05:12 AM
yeah you're right, no Apatow. just has his normal actors in it, even these 2 familiar faces
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0516266/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0303013/
hahaha, she's cast as "period blood girl" from Superbad. That's the funniest thing i've seen in a while.

bright lights, big city

hahaha

anyone gonna see Adventureland? I really want to. might go this weekend sometime.
DERP

theis

Adventureland looks great.

I'd see it mainly for Kristen Stewart...mmm.

wither-I

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Mar 30, 2009, 11:16 PM
There Will Be Blood = masterpiece.
i listen to the soundtrack often.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

one weak

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Apr 03, 2009, 02:04 PM
Adventureland looks great.

I'd see it mainly for Kristen Stewart...mmm.
i'd see it just for Kristin Wiig. Sexy and Hilarious.

defskull

I finally got around to seeing The Dreamers.

I really liked it except for the ending.  The VIetnam ending and Vietnam conversations were the weakest parts of the movie.  Great otherwise.

Fireal1222

nice to see you post again one weak. hope all is well

im not a big movie buff. but the movies i do like. im sure you guys enjoy as well

like back to the future 1 and 2. the 3rd one sucked
and movies like that

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

one weak

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Apr 04, 2009, 11:12 PM
Yeah, good to see some older members still posting. I'll never forget your Av of the guy holding the pot sign. haha.

anyway, I just watched "There Will Be Blood" for the second time, and i am convinced it is a masterpiece...perhaps even the best film of our generation, in a classical film history sense. There is not a single word spoken for the first 15 minutes, yet we all know who Daniel is, what his motives are, how long it took him to conjure the idea of oil=wealth, etc.

my question for those who have seen it is:

Are you convinced that Eli and Paul were twins, or do you - like me - have an inkling to believe that Eli and Paul were the same person? We only see "Paul" once, and the rest of the film is the Eli character. In my opinion, there are countless instances within the film that one can read as being evidence to Eli making Paul up in his mind.

has anyone else thought about this? If so, maybe we can create a topic and discuss. maybe no one cares.

shine down unshy

My friend and I used to think that they could have been the same person, Daniel probably thought Paul was fucking with him.  But I'm convinced that they were indeed twins.  At the end when Eli goes to see Daniel at his house, he says that Paul was the chosen brother and that Eli was the afterbirth and such..Eli seemed pretty distraught..like he didn't want to hear that.  Plus Eli beat his dad up and said "A stupid son to a stupid father".  So yeah..pretty sure they were twins.

bright lights, big city

Yes I remember thinking about that while watching it the first time. But that ending scene (indeed awesome), seemed like Eli really was pissed when he mentioned his brother. I also believe there was a scene when Eli was yelling at Abel, and they mention Paul. So personally, I'm convinced that they were 2 separate people.
DERP

theis

Yeah, they were definitely twins. The whole speech at the end in the bowling alley and how Eli reacts to it, wouldn't make any sense if they were the same person.

wither-I

Quote from: one weak on Apr 07, 2009, 03:13 AM
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Apr 04, 2009, 11:12 PM
Yeah, good to see some older members still posting. I'll never forget your Av of the guy holding the pot sign. haha.

anyway, I just watched "There Will Be Blood" for the second time, and i am convinced it is a masterpiece...perhaps even the best film of our generation, in a classical film history sense. There is not a single word spoken for the first 15 minutes, yet we all know who Daniel is, what his motives are, how long it took him to conjure the idea of oil=wealth, etc.

my question for those who have seen it is:

Are you convinced that Eli and Paul were twins, or do you - like me - have an inkling to believe that Eli and Paul were the same person? We only see "Paul" once, and the rest of the film is the Eli character. In my opinion, there are countless instances within the film that one can read as being evidence to Eli making Paul up in his mind.

has anyone else thought about this? If so, maybe we can create a topic and discuss. maybe no one cares.
i have seen this movie one time. and when it had ended, i put my hands in the air in silent revelry. one of the greatest i have seen. ive even dared calling it the greatest. i highly believe that eli and paul are the same person.

but i think i need a second review. ill watch it today on bowlzo the clown time :)

"coming into the nearness of distance"