Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftonekid

yeah "The 400 Blows" is one of my favorite Truffaut films too. I got the chance to watch some of his movies over the past 2 months. I really enjoyed "The Bride Wore Black ", "Two English Girls and the Continent " and of course "Jules et Jim".

theis

Tonight I watched:

In the Mouth of Madness (love this flick. totally underrated Carpenter horror)
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (still makes me feel all fuzzy inside...beautiful movie)

deftonekid

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Apr 13, 2009, 10:53 PM
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (still makes me feel all fuzzy inside...beautiful movie)
+1

downtownpony

Just watched "Doubt" last night. Dont know what all the hype was about. Shit sucked.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Apr 13, 2009, 10:53 PM
Tonight I watched:

In the Mouth of Madness (love this flick. totally underrated Carpenter horror)

Underrated to the uninitiated my friend.  Very heavy Lovecraftian nods throughout.  One of my favorite Carpenter flicks right up there with The Thing (another nod, even the original) and The Fog.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: downtownpony on Apr 14, 2009, 12:17 AM
Just watched "Doubt" last night. Dont know what all the hype was about. Shit sucked.
hahaha though that was funny. yeah i have no ambition to see that at all.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

one weak

Slumdog was great. wish i would have seen it in theatres.

downtownpony

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 14, 2009, 12:54 AM
I really only rented it because redbox didnt have "Yes Man", and I really felt like watching a movie that night.

lithium

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 14, 2009, 12:54 AM
the acting is stellar, great performances from the whole cast. that's what the hype is about. go watch fast and the furious or something.
💩

theis

oh snap!

i really wanna see Doubt. Philip Seymor Hoffman is one of the best actors around.

lithium

he really is a terrific actor
💩

deftonekid

Quote from: one weak on Apr 14, 2009, 02:39 AM
I watched it yesterday. What a great movie.

devilinside

Quote from: deftonekid on Apr 15, 2009, 08:38 PM
I watched it yesterday. What a great movie.

I watched it today,and I have to say that it's the best movie I've seen in a long time.   

Ooh...and Marley and me....GODDAMIT! I hate movies that make me cry!!!!

shine down unshy

Haha it made me cry too

devilinside

Man...all I can think about is my dog! She's 10 years old,and when she passes and I see my kids cry....aaaah.

shine down unshy

10's still kinda young as long as you take care of her, she'll live to be like 15.

deftonekid

Quote from: devilinside on Apr 16, 2009, 03:23 AM
I watched it today,and I have to say that it's the best movie I've seen in a long time.  
yeah I was thinking that too

devilinside

I watched The Spirit the other night..and surprisingly I liked it.

wither-I

i thought it was good until the older brother (forget his name) filled up the bathtub full of money in order to die in it. that was really stupid. and the bollywood dance at the end was shameful, but it's the end credits so whatever.. otherwise it was well done, with many great insights into the impoverished state of india and its busy culture

"coming into the nearness of distance"

devilinside

Quote from: wither-I on Apr 17, 2009, 11:58 PM
i thought it was good until the older brother (forget his name) filled up the bathtub full of money in order to die in it. that was really stupid. and the bollywood dance at the end was shameful, but it's the end credits so whatever.. otherwise it was well done, with many great insights into the impoverished state of india and its busy culture

Yeah...the dancing was a bit much. I turned it off when that came on. haha