Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

past couple of days i've seen:

Twilight
Taken
Defiance
The Bank Job

seeing Moon today.

ben

Liked Moon.  Also watched The Bank Job today.

TheWatcher

I saw fan boys tonight

good shit.

mrs_swa

watched The Uninvited last night, good mind fuck.
...blow the Universe into nothingNESS.  nuclear warfare shall lay us to rest...

Mikey

TheWatcher

saw i love you man

good movie.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

defskull

I saw David Cronenberg's The Fly for the first time over the weekend.  That movie was pretty damn good.  There was not much in terms of relationships building between characters, but Cronenberg and Jeff Goldblum were able to create some serious scariness.  It's very weird but it may have been one of the scarier movies I have seen.  I don't know what it was but I had this feeling like it was a very real possibility that something like this could happen.  Well done by all those involved to give me that feeling.  Great movie.

shine down unshy

Quote from: TheWatcher on Jul 27, 2009, 05:32 AM
saw i love you man

good movie.

I laughed so hard that I cried watching this movie.

theis

Quote from: defskull on Jul 27, 2009, 10:40 PM

I saw David Cronenberg's The Fly for the first time over the weekend.  That movie was pretty damn good.  There was not much in terms of relationships building between characters, but Cronenberg and Jeff Goldblum were able to create some serious scariness.  It's very weird but it may have been one of the scarier movies I have seen.  I don't know what it was but I had this feeling like it was a very real possibility that something like this could happen.  Well done by all those involved to give me that feeling.  Great movie.

One of my all time favorites. Jeff Goldblum is simply amazing in this flick.

ben

theis

The Fountain
Angel Heart

Both phenomenal movies.

ben

Favorite Kurosawa film?

Mine has to be Throne of Blood or Yojimbo

Mikey

Quote from: ben on Jul 28, 2009, 03:45 PM
Favorite Kurosawa film?

I've only seen Ikiru, but i enjoyed it.  i should rent more of his catalog.

nonesuch

just saw i love you man, and it was good, but not that funny or entertaining imo

sex drive is quite funny though, rehashed plot but works

i drink your milkshake

devilinside

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Jul 28, 2009, 08:51 AM
Quote from: defskull on Jul 27, 2009, 10:40 PM

One of my all time favorites. Jeff Goldblum is simply amazing in this flick.

Love that movie...but the puking on the donut always freaked me out as a child. And when he breaks that dudes arm when arm wrestling...bad ass. lol

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Mikey on Jul 28, 2009, 04:05 PM
Quote from: ben on Jul 28, 2009, 03:45 PM
Favorite Kurosawa film?

I've only seen Ikiru, but i enjoyed it.  i should rent more of his catalog.
Throne of Blood is my favorite, close second probably Rashomon

amazing how many people don't even know who Kurosawa is
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

ben

have you seen Ugetsu?  Saw it for the first time the other night and it blew my mind.  Its' a Mizoguchi film.

bright lights, big city

nope, it's going on my list of shit to find, though!
DERP