Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

Well, the movie IS pretty plotless, but that's the idea. The director grew up in the 70's and this was basically what young kids were doing back then.

Ps. awesome movie.

Jacob

exactly, it's just a really chill movie. I love those kind of movies, there doesn't really need to be much of a plot. just the whole atmosphere of the movie makes you feel good.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

lostpilot

..it does, but I still wanted something MOAR

ben

I've seen a lot of damn films lately:

The Evil Dead- A, of course an all-time classic.  Scary as shit too, does so much with a small budget.  Awesome atmosphere.

A Nightmare on Elm Street II: Freddy's Revenge- B-, obviously a retarded film but the 80s music and red haired chick is reason enough to watch this.  The main male lead is a fucking dbag though.

Class of Nuke 'Em High- A+, I can't even describe this film.  Classic B movie.  Watch high.

The Road Warrior- A, an awesome film.  Kind of eerie because the dialogue is sparse and the visuals can sometimes get pretty trippy.  The main villain is hilarious but for some reason he works.  Mel Gibson is awesome and so is Mad Max

Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome- A+, my favorite Mad Max film.  I'll probably get a lot of shit for that.  But I'm sorry...Thunderdome, Masterblaster, the crazy cult, Tina Turner and her music, pig shit.  Awesome.

Tokyo Gore Police- B, a generally disturbing yet hilarious film.  A lot better than that horrible Machine Girl film...though it is the same makeup/gore guy.  Actually pretty stylish in parts, but some parts are just unneeded.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: ben on Sep 08, 2009, 11:20 PM
I've seen a lot of damn films lately:

The Evil Dead- A, of course an all-time classic.  Scary as shit too, does so much with a small budget.  Awesome atmosphere.

A Nightmare on Elm Street II: Freddy's Revenge- B-, obviously a retarded film but the 80s music and red haired chick is reason enough to watch this.  The main male lead is a fucking dbag though.

Class of Nuke 'Em High- A+, I can't even describe this film.  Classic B movie.  Watch high.

The Road Warrior- A, an awesome film.  Kind of eerie because the dialogue is sparse and the visuals can sometimes get pretty trippy.  The main villain is hilarious but for some reason he works.  Mel Gibson is awesome and so is Mad Max

Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome- A+, my favorite Mad Max film.  I'll probably get a lot of shit for that.  But I'm sorry...Thunderdome, Masterblaster, the crazy cult, Tina Turner and her music, pig shit.  Awesome.

Tokyo Gore Police- B, a generally disturbing yet hilarious film.  A lot better than that horrible Machine Girl film...though it is the same makeup/gore guy.  Actually pretty stylish in parts, but some parts are just unneeded.

Great fucking picks!

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

District 9 is my new favorite sci-fi movie and is now in my top 10 favorite movies. Peter Jackson is god.

Fuck, gotta go watch Dead Alive now.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: lostpilot on Sep 08, 2009, 01:44 PM
Dazed and Confused was not even close to being as good as I expected it to be. If I watched it when I was fifteen - yeah, that movie would've rocked. not now

The Big Lebowski rocked, I laughed at a lot.

District 9 was basically interesting, yet the ending was quite disappointing, I'm not even sure why.

Angels and Demons was shitty.
I'm just glad another person saw and enjoyed The Big Lebowski
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defskull

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Sep 09, 2009, 03:33 AM
District 9 is my new favorite sci-fi movie and is now in my top 10 favorite movies. Peter Jackson is god.

Fuck, gotta go watch Dead Alive now.

You're right, his producing work on it was spectacular!

I think you're giving the wrong man credit.

Jacob

I've been meaning to watch the Mad Max movies again, it's been ages.

oh, and Tokyo Gore Police looks awesome!

theis

Actually, Peter Jackson had little to nothing to do with this movie. His name sells though. Neil Blomkamp is the real genius behind this.

Jacob

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Sep 09, 2009, 10:40 AM

Actually, Peter Jackson had little to nothing to do with this movie. His name sells though. Neil Blomkamp is the real genius behind this.

actually, from what I understand District 9 started out as the Halo movie. which Peter Jackson was going to do. I don't know any of the details, though.

theis

It didn't start out as a Halo movie. Peter Jackson had come up with the idea of the Halo movie and he wanted Neil Blomkamp to direct it, but the Halo thing fell through and Peter Jackson basically gave Blomkamp 30 mill.$ to make whatever he wanted to...and that was District 9.

Jacob

yeah, I imagined it was like that. I never thought they started making the movie as a Halo movie and then just change the script all of a sudden, that'd just be crazy  ;D

ben

Tokyo Gore Police IS awesome.  Definitely check it out.

defskull

Neil Blomkamp actually did direct a Halo short.  And if I remember correctly that is what sold Peter Jackson on making Blomkamp's short (that was the basis of District 9) into a movie.

Jacob

oh, he made the promotional Halo shorts? those were awesome. I'd love to see a real movie in that style.

ben

theis

Watched United 93.

What a punch to the gut. Especially the last 15 minutes.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Sorry guys. I was told that Peter Jackson wrote it for some reason.

Anyway, fucking great movie.

Crazylegs

i just watched let the right one in. awesome movie.