Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

Quote from: Crazylegs on Sep 13, 2009, 11:08 PM
i just watched let the right one in. awesome movie.

Hell yeah!

shine down unshy

That movie kinda sucked.. :o

Just my opinion.  Maybe it's because I watched the English dubbed version instead of the subtitled version.  It was hella corny at times.

Crazylegs

all i know is that i loved it.

theis

Quote from: shine down unshy on Sep 13, 2009, 11:21 PM
That movie kinda sucked.. :o

Just my opinion.  Maybe it's because I watched the English dubbed version instead of the subtitled version.  It was hella corny at times.

Why would you watch it dubbed?

The movie is a masterpiece and the best vampire movie ever.

shine down unshy

Iono, I didn't feel like reading subtitles I suppose.  And I can honestly tell you that it isn't the "best vampire movie ever".  Leave that title to movies like Interview with a Vampire or Bram Stoker's Dracula.

defskull

Quote from: shine down unshy on Sep 13, 2009, 11:59 PM
Iono, I didn't feel like reading subtitles I suppose.  And I can honestly tell you that it isn't the "best vampire movie ever".  Leave that title to movies like Interview with a Vampire or Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Your opinion became void when you said that you didn't feel like reading subtitles.  It's statements like that that don't allow foreign movies to get larger releases in America and instead most of the country is left with a terrible remake. 

shine down unshy

Lol k bro, my opinion is void because I didn't feel like reading subtitles during that one movie.  I don't mind reading them, but on a whim I decided to download the english dub instead. 

shine down unshy

P.S.  Happy Birthday

ben

Nosferatu is the best.

Vesanic

Just seen Million Dollar Baby. Don't know I could NOT watch this movie.

tarkil

That was a great (and touching) movie...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

ben

Saving Private Ryan 10/10
Bladerunner: Final Cut 9.5/10
Full Metal Jacket 8.5/10

wither-I

Quote from: ben on Sep 15, 2009, 03:52 PM
Saving Private Ryan 10/10
Bladerunner: Final Cut 9.5/10
Full Metal Jacket 8.5/10
first time seeing these??

"coming into the nearness of distance"

ben

first time seeing Saving Private Ryan in it's entirety....obviously blown away.

Bladerunner is one of my all-time favorite films and FMJ is another one I've seen countless times.

theis

Watched John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness. Underrated little horror flick. 8/10.

Jacob

Quote from: ben on Sep 15, 2009, 04:08 PM
first time seeing Saving Private Ryan in it's entirety...

what?!?

actually, come to think of it... I haven't seen Bladerunner in its entirety yet.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

4th Eye

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Sep 15, 2009, 04:23 PM
Watched John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness. Underrated little horror flick. 8/10.

Used to scare the shit out of me. Carpenter's movies from the 80's are legendary.

Quote from: Jacob on Sep 15, 2009, 05:01 PM
actually, come to think of it... I haven't seen Bladerunner in its entirety yet.

Me neither and I've had the Final Cut in my shelf for over a year... ::)

defskull

Yeah I got the final cut a month or so ago.  I still haven't finished the movie.

bright lights, big city

just picked up One Hour Photo and the original Nightmare on Elm Street for $3 each. I'm pumped.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

shine down unshy

FUck yeah man.  One Hour Photo is an AWESOME movie.