Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: theis on Feb 08, 2010, 01:42 AM
Brad Pitt was funny (the "Italien" scene had me in stitches), but my favorite characters were definitely Shosanna and Hans Landa.

Christoph Waltz put on an amazing performance. I hope he win Best Supporting Actor.

I agree on every point here. Hans Landa was so creepy, yet kind of likeable. and Shosanna was just plain awesome (and hot).

as for Brad Pitt, while for example that scene was funny, I was sad to see all he got wad a few funny lines every now and then and he delivered all of them in the exact same way.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

blixa

shoshanna is an aramaic name. my friend's name is shoshanna. i've never met a bad looking shoshanna in my life come to think of it.

blixa

theis

Just watched Zombieland.

Fucking LOVED it.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: theis on Feb 08, 2010, 11:01 PM
Just watched Zombieland.

Fucking LOVED it.
FUCK YEEEAH
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Jacob

I saw Case 39 last night, pretty good thriller/horror. Renee Zellweger is so annoying though. I just can't take her seriously.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Jacob on Feb 12, 2010, 09:49 AM
Renee Zellweger is so annoying though. I just can't take her seriously.
she ruins everything i've seen her in
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

Quote from: Jacob on Feb 12, 2010, 09:49 AM
I saw Case 39 last night, pretty good thriller/horror. Renee Zellweger is so annoying though. I just can't take her seriously.

EXCUSE ME:

SHE OWNS IN BRIDGET JONES. LOVE THIS MOVIE SO MUCH.

"GET THE FUCK ON, BRIDGETTT!"

bright lights, big city

Cinderella Man wasn't too bad, but Me Myself & Irene was pretty much the only movie she didn't ruin for me.

Wait I'll give her another one, according to IMDB: Dazed and Confused (1993) (uncredited) .... Girl in blue pickup truck
haha good role for her
DERP

blixa

she was good in cold mountain too. that movie is fucking shite because of kidman and law, but with renee, jack white and the good music, it made it bearable. AND CILLIAN MURPHY. he was in it too.

i also watch jerry mcguire for my birthday every year. the whole 'you complete me' has me brainwashed, man.

Jacob

that's just the thing, when I see her in another movie I just think of Bridget Jones. she has that silliness to her and that's why I just can't stand her in a serious role. she's way too "cute" and her voice is so squeaky.

theis

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 13, 2010, 02:32 PM
Me Myself & Irene was pretty much the only movie she didn't ruin for me.

And Jerry Maguire. She's tolerable in that flick too. 

bright lights, big city

Quote from: blixa on Feb 13, 2010, 02:44 PM
she was good in cold mountain too. that movie is fucking shite because of kidman and law, but with renee, jack white and the good music, it made it bearable. AND CILLIAN MURPHY. he was in it too.

i also watch jerry mcguire for my birthday every year. the whole 'you complete me' has me brainwashed, man.
you guys are right about Jerry Maguire, that was good flick, and yes Cillian Murphy is AWESOME
DERP

nonesuch

The lovely bones  - Peter Jackson

place yourself before this work of art and let it take you
i drink your milkshake

theis

Quote from: nonesuch on Feb 13, 2010, 09:00 PM

Damn, dude. This movie SUCKED.

nonesuch

Quote from: theis on Feb 13, 2010, 10:12 PM
Quote from: nonesuch on Feb 13, 2010, 09:00 PM

Damn, dude. This movie SUCKED.

haha,  apparently my taste in movies is for the most part the exact opposite of the masses

I absolutely hated Pineapple Express, Zombieland, Avatar, um, i dont feel like coming up with more examples but a shit ton of other movies that everyone seems to love

and alot of the movies i liked are mostly hated, 

hmm,  either something is wrong with me or with the whole world,   im betting im the only one whose got it figured out
i drink your milkshake

theis

I understand not liking Pineapple Express and Zombieland, but hated? Really? Weird. I guess to each his own.

chick de la lynch

I saw Fur the other day. I knew a little bit about Diane Arbus' work, but not much and I still didn't know a lot about her work after watching this film. I will say Robert Downey Jr. can still charm the pants off me even with a face completely covered with hair. Overall, the film fell flat and I wasn't impressed. I always figured Diane Arbus as being a very interesting woman since her works were interesting. I think there is more to her than just her fascination with people who don't fit into the norm of society. I wished they explored that a little bit more.

nonesuch

well i didnt hate zombieland exactly, but i def hate the main kid, in both this and in adventureland.   i really dont like that kid

as for pineapple express, yea, i was cringing throughout,  go way back and read my review when i first saw it, its nothing nice
i drink your milkshake

one weak