Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazylegs

Hercules in New York

acting 1/10
production 1/10

overall  8/10

Hercules in New York [Highlights]

chick de la lynch

I watched The Last King of Scotland last night. I don't think I fully noticed Forest Whittaker's performance until the last half of the film. Otherwise, the film was alright.

blixa

i watched towelhead. it was disturbing and great. i thought jasira's dad was so camp.

chick de la lynch

I saw Step Brothers yesterday out of sheer boredom. That movie was an hour and a half too long. It felt like it would never finish.

I also saw Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. I think this movie could have gone to better places, and the fact that it didn't kind of pisses me off.

theis

Come on...Step Brothers is hysterical!

bright lights, big city

yeah seriously. boats n hoes!
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

wheresmysnare

alice in wonderland = shit

chick de la lynch

Quote from: theis on Apr 18, 2010, 02:28 AM
Come on...Step Brothers is hysterical!

Yeah, if you're a 12 year old boy. I love John C. Reily and Will Farrell is great depending on the project he is in, but this was garbage. Richard Jenkins was the only watchable thing in that movie.

blixa

defskull

I just saw Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans.  That movie was pretty awesome and thoroughly entertaining.  Nic Cage can be good when he wants to.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: defskull on Apr 19, 2010, 10:22 PM
I just saw Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans.  That movie was pretty awesome and thoroughly entertaining.  Nic Cage can be good when he wants to.
BRILLIANT MOVIE! I've done nothing for the last decade but give Nic Cage shit. Then he made that movie, and now Kick-Ass, which was almost equally awesome.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defskull

Yeah I definitely think his performance in Kick-Ass was better than his performance in Bad Lieutenant.  I mean in that movie he was just playing to his strengths which is act totally insane but in Kick Ass he was instead this quirky character with not enough screen time.  I honestly wish he and Hit Girl were the main characters of the movie.

deftjess

The Fourth Kind...i liked it alot..very freaky the Owl

8/10

bright lights, big city

DERP

chick de la lynch

I watched Man with The Movie Camera and The Bicycle Thief.

The Man With The Movie Camera was epic, even though it was just a little over an hour. I think the score really made the film what it was. The comparisons between Soviet society and machinery was great, and it's truly a film you can really get sucked into. Brilliant.

The Bicycle Thief was also terrific. Just when you think this guy can't have anything worse happen to him, it does. Truly depressing, but it was beautifully done.

blixa

epic film:

not a bad word against it. the housemates he has in sydney are spot on!

Law

Still love this film

blixa

Quote from: Law on Apr 26, 2010, 03:04 PM
Still love this film

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. you know the way to me heart.

Law

"I will civilize this land!!!!"

wheresmysnare

I know this is a question and everyone hates people who ask questions but does any one know any good recent i.e.09-2010 horror films, i watched the crazies yesterday and have a hankerin' for some horror.