Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sing blue silver

Carnage (LOW budget horror from 1984) - 1 out of 10. provided plenty of jokes and had some of the all time worst kill scenes i've ever seen in a movie in my entire life. HORRIBLE acting, HORRIBLE cinematography, HORRIBLE sound, HORRIBLE special effects and HILARIOUS consequences. this movie physically hurt me at some points because of how bad it was but at a few other points it physically hurt me out of laughter. keep in mind i was about 8 beers deep when i watched this with a couple friends. warning DO NOT WATCH ALONE! not because you'll be scared but because if you don't have anyone to make fun of it with you just might kill yourself at how bad it is. they obviously did no blocking in this movie and the camera makes confusing 180 degree angle switches. the whole thing is available on youtube right here...

Carnage

There Will Be Blood

i'm watching the notebook right now

derekautomatica

Enemy At The Gates 7/10

since when do Russians have a mixture of AQmerican accents and Brit. accents?

other than that. pretty sick movie.

mikemerrett

Alien Resurrection. There was nothing else on worth watching.

Penicks

Extremely underrated movie in my opinion.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: Penicks on May 09, 2010, 08:23 AM
Extremely underrated movie in my opinion.

Agreed for me part 1,2 and 4 are the best.

Penicks

Yeah, I wanted to like the third movie but Fincher got fucked in the ass so badly by the producers. It has some good bits but the eventual product sucks. The Director's Cut fares better.

I like number 4 even more than number 2. More fun imo. Nothing beats the original though. Absolutely terrifying and an unparalleled atmosphere.

Jacob

In Bruges - 10/10. one hell of a movie. the best I've seen in a very long time.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Jacob on May 09, 2010, 06:58 PM
In Bruges - 10/10. one hell of a movie. the best I've seen in a very long time.
indeed a great flick
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

zombieland - 7.5/10

Nothing sensational, just a really solid movie. Funny as hell sometimes. Bill Murray is the shit.

theis

Quote from: Penicks on May 09, 2010, 06:36 PM
I like number 4 even more than number 2. More fun imo.

Absolute and utter crazy talk.

Resurrection is bearable up until Ripley falls down into the Queen's den. Then the movie takes a 180 and becomes beyond ridiculous. I mean, the hybrid alien...really? It's a shitty movie almost every level.

bright lights, big city

yeah i thought fincher's movie was waaaay better than resurrection.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

chick de la lynch

I saw Easier with Practice last night. I liked the movie right up until the end. It wasn't so much of the ending that was off-putting, but more along the lines of how they did the ending. I think the director did too good of a job making that final scene totally awkward.

deftjess

Saw Iron Man 2, Meh, cool action scenes, Scarlett Johanssan is a babe . But its an ok movie

Penicks

Quote from: theis on May 10, 2010, 12:02 AM
Quote from: Penicks on May 09, 2010, 06:36 PM
I like number 4 even more than number 2. More fun imo.

Absolute and utter crazy talk.

Resurrection is bearable up until Ripley falls down into the Queen's den. Then the movie takes a 180 and becomes beyond ridiculous. I mean, the hybrid alien...really? It's a shitty movie almost every level.

Admit it, you felt so sorry for it. :(

BAWWWWWWWWW it just wanted a hug. :(:(:(

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Jacob

I haven't seen Resurrection since it came out so I can barely remember a thing from it. but I always liked Alien 3 and don't really understand the hatred towards it. it hints way more towards the first movie, concentrating more on being a thriller/horror than straight action. mind you, Aliens is my favorite. but I really like the atmosphere and creepiness of Alien 3.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

theis

Quote from: Jacob on May 10, 2010, 11:55 PM
I always liked Alien 3 and don't really understand the hatred towards it.

This.

The movie has great atmosphere and a real sense of dread.

sing blue silver

they mostly come out at night....mostly

chick de la lynch

I saw Up in The Air and The Machinist recently.

I enjoyed Up in The Air, however there were a few times when I was watching the movie I felt it was getting too gimicky but it was pretty easy to get past. George Clooney is like a fine and only gets better with age (Both with acting and physical appearance). I'm glad the film ended the way it did--if it had gone down a predictable path it wouldn't have been such a great film. I also enjoy films that are open-ended. Gives the viewer a chance to reflect on the movie.

The Machinist made me uncomfortable, but in a good way if that makes any sense. I can't say I would watch this film again, because it's a bit hard to watch (More for Trevor's insanity rather than some of the gross scenes) but I do think it's well made and gets philosophical.