Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazylegs

i watched Cliffhanger a few days ago. It was a good watch.

oldgentlovecraft

Watched Sherlock Holmes, which I liked, and then threw in Rock N Rolla for the first time (Guy Ritchie kind of day) and thought it was slow to start, but good by about halfway through.

nintendoXO

I enjoyed both of those movies! I still want to see Shutters Island.

nintendoXO

Just got done watching The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus,Awesome movie!

Sushi-X

Splice. it was all good up until this one part, that well. let's just say it's disturbing. 7/10

Rocket Skates '94

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Madagascar Escape 2 Africa

tarkil

Just saw the A-Team tonight, and really really loved it !
Very funny, cool story, likeable characters, etc.

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: nintendoXO on Jun 12, 2010, 10:07 PM

Yeah, it's on my list too.

chick de la lynch

I saw Right at Your Door the other night. I don't think it was that well made, however it did keep me up until 3AM so I guess there was something good about that movie.

fireflyry

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jun 12, 2010, 10:03 PM
Watched Sherlock Holmes, which I liked, and then threw in Rock N Rolla for the first time (Guy Ritchie kind of day) and thought it was slow to start, but good by about halfway through.

I just watched Sherlock.

Pretty weak plot but the casting was pure gold.Pity they couldn't come up with a better script.

Great to see Robert Downy back in the game.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: fireflyry on Jun 14, 2010, 01:39 PM
Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jun 12, 2010, 10:03 PM

I just watched Sherlock.

Pretty weak plot but the casting was pure gold.Pity they couldn't come up with a better script.

Great to see Robert Downy back in the game.

That is how I felt also. I liked it, but it was definitely carried by its acting.  Certain parts seemed lacking.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jun 13, 2010, 06:56 PM
Quote from: nintendoXO on Jun 12, 2010, 10:07 PM

Yeah, it's on my list too.
you both should get on that right away. in my opinion, the best movie of 2010 so far. watch it twice to see how scorcese and ALL the actors in it are geniuses.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

chick de la lynch

I just finished watching Good Will Hunting. I think Matt Damon and Robin Williams were amazing in their roles, however I felt the movie and the plot was meh. How many films have you seen with a diamond-in-the-rough plot? It's been regurgitated over and over again and this film is no different. That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it. It's a watchable film, but it really is overrated.

defskull

It's not your fault, Will.

Over time that movie has become a favorite of mine.  Whenever it's on tv I seem to watch it.  I think Will and Sean (especially Sean) are very interesting characters that keep you watching the movie.  Their scenes together are the best part about the movie.  They're two obviously scarred people that you want to see grow and become better people. 

theis

Quote from: defskull on Jun 18, 2010, 12:04 AM
Whenever it's on tv I seem to watch it. 

Haha. Same here.

fireflyry

Last Starfighter.

Oscar material.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

chick de la lynch

The "it's not your fault" scene was melodramatic, even for me and I'm a sop when it comes to that kind of stuff. But I do agree, Will and Sean's relationship was one you cared about and both of these men have had their fair share of problems in their lives. You didn't really give a shit about anyone else and essentially, the rest of the characters were background noise (Sorry Skylar)! This film reminded me how great of an actor Robin Williams is, it's just too bad he has a tendency to waste his talents on movies like Old Dogs and License to Wed.

One big problem I had with the film was the Boston accents. People say Long Island accents are annoying, but it's really the Boston accent that is utterly irritating.

defskull

Holy fuck was Toy Story 3 good. 

shine down unshy

Saw Adaptation the other day and really liked it..Spike Jonze never ceases to amaze me.  Charlie Kaufman was the executive producer and after some research, I found out he's been involved with quite a few of my favorite movies.  One movie I haven't seen though is Synecdoche, New York which is his directorial debut.  Can't wait to see it.

theis

Hot Tub Time Machine - 8.5/10

Hilarious.