Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Michael Jackson's This is it

If he would have been alive, that show would have been a total win.

lithium

Quote from: shine down unshy on Jun 19, 2010, 05:42 PM
Saw Adaptation the other day and really liked it..Spike Jonze never ceases to amaze me.  Charlie Kaufman was the executive producer and after some research, I found out he's been involved with quite a few of my favorite movies.  One movie I haven't seen though is Synecdoche, New York which is his directorial debut.  Can't wait to see it.
adaptation is awesome. Cage's best work. Well aside from national treasure. Lol. Synecdoche NY is insane film that consumes you from 3 hours. Every detail of it is important.
💩

bright lights, big city

Quote from: lithium on Jun 22, 2010, 06:31 PM
adaptation is awesome. Cage's best work.
my friend, you need to see bad lieutenant: port of call new orleans. greatness achieved.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lithium

Seen it and it's good but ehh his role is better in adaptation, and it's just a better movie all around.
💩

Sushi-X

Toy Story 3

definitely a great movie. One of those rare second sequels that's just as great as it predecessors

Rocket Skates '94

Mikey

Can I get a "Whoop whoop" for Nic Cage in Bringing Out The Dead?

theis

"Woop woop"

Seriously, I love Nic Cage. He IS an awesome actor, he just chooses poor movies to star in. His agent should be fucking fired.

Raising Arizona, Wild at Heart, Leaving Las Vegas, Bringing Out the Dead, The Family Man, Matchstick Men, Adaption, Lord of War, The Bad Lieutenant, Kick-Ass...all top notch performances.

bright lights, big city

here's my comprehensive guide to decide whether or not to see a film starring Nic Cage:

pick a movie from 1982-1999
Adaptation
pick a movie from 2009-present
DERP

lithium

Quote from: theis on Jun 24, 2010, 04:21 PM
"Woop woop"

Seriously, I love Nic Cage. He IS an awesome actor, he just chooses poor movies to star in. His agent should be fucking fired.

Raising Arizona, Wild at Heart, Leaving Las Vegas, Bringing Out the Dead, The Family Man, Matchstick Men, Adaption, Lord of War, The Bad Lieutenant, Kick-Ass...all top notch performances.
I've seen these all but bringing out the dead. Pretty solid list tho.
💩

defskull

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jun 24, 2010, 09:07 PM
here's my comprehensive guide to decide whether or not to see a film starring Nic Cage:

Adaptation

So...the Sorcerer's Apprentice is worth seeing?

bright lights, big city

Quote from: defskull on Jun 25, 2010, 01:09 AM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jun 24, 2010, 09:07 PM

Adaptation

So...the Sorcerer's Apprentice is worth seeing?
not even out yet. but it features Cage in a cool hat, so if i had to guess i would say it'll rock.
DERP

HiCkMan!

The A - Team

surprisingly awsome, the trailer put me off watching this one but it turned out to be very rad

TheWatcher

bright lights, big city

Shutter Island (again)- 9.5/10
DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: TheWatcher on Jun 25, 2010, 08:45 PM
mall cop

wow boring....

Nothing with Kevin James is funny. For me that dude is kinda like Will Ferrell, cant make me laugh my ass off unlike Adam Sandler.

I saw District 9 today. It surprised me, I like the human-alien relation troughout the movie 8/10

defskull

When Danny Boyle, Alex Garland, Cillian Murphy and John Murphy make a movie together, it is awesome.  I just watched Sunshine again and this movie is really cool.  After seeing it a second time I can understand why some people don't like the last third.  It would have been interested to see where the movie would have gone had it not gone down the direction it did go.  But still, definitely one of my favorite movies.

theis

bright lights, big city

Quote from: theis on Jun 29, 2010, 10:11 AM
Zodiac - 10/10
fuuuuuck yessss

From Paris With Love - 4/10 - pretty crappy, features an aging Travolta, predictable, mediocre action. did i mention it was pretty crappy?
DERP

black coffee

Les grandes personnes

Great movie, and Anaïs Demoustier is just beautiful.