Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blixa

watched i'm still here yesterday.

yeah, i don't know what to say except it was the best ending i've seen in years and it had me tearing up a lot.

chick de la lynch

Taxi Driver is an AMAZING film. Beautifully shot. Loved every minute of it.

Quote from: blixa on Sep 17, 2010, 12:13 AM
watched i'm still here yesterday.

yeah, i don't know what to say except it was the best ending i've seen in years and it had me tearing up a lot.

BLAH! I really want to see this film. I know it's all a hoax, but it's Joaquin Phoenix. He can never disappoint.

blixa

watched gone baby gone. so fucking depressing but the dialogue was spotless. i really enjoyed it.

no happy ending.

Sinatra

Sinatra

:) I know, I highly recommend everyone to see it. Its like way better version of heat, and mind you I love heat.

bright lights, big city

whoa better than Heat?!? ok now I need to see this.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Quote from: Sinatra on Sep 22, 2010, 01:03 AM
Its like way better version of heat

I haven't seen The Town yet, but this I simply cannot believe 'cause...well, Heat it perfect.

Sinatra

I didn't think I'd like it more than heat but I did. I was shitting my pants the whole time, every scene is so intense, and the acting is actually really good. Its got a couple bank heists and with each one it gets more intense, and each one has a specific mask that they wear. Each mask is so sick and makes every scene that much more memorable. You have to see it, this is coming from a person with deep appreciation for movies. If you don't like it better than heat, it well definitely come in a close second.

bright lights, big city

so several of us have hopes that Black Swan can compete with Inception for best movie this year, but Social Network is getting perfect preliminary reviews left and right and a couple top critics are calling it the best movie. Actually, Let Me In is at 100% on rotten tomatoes as well, so far.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

I'm REALLY surprised by the rave reviews that The Social Network and Let Me In are getting.

I was sure both were gonna be shite.

Edit:

Get Him to the Greek - 8.5/10

Hilarious.

bright lights, big city

I know I've been anti-remakes and all that, but goddamn, that Let Me In trailer looks very creepy and very similar to the original (which is good).
DERP

deftjess

ok , The Town i will check out cause of what you said about Heat comparison's

Let Me In i will def check cause im a horror fan

blixa

i can't bloody wait for the town now! you guys just got me even more excited. better than heat? ohmahgah.

i totally turned my nose up when i found out they were remaking let the right one in. it's not as perfect as the original, but it's still pretty good. the original was just mind blowing.

the beginning of the social network trailer is a work of pure unmitigated beauty. THERE I SAID IT!

Sinatra

I'm glad I got everyone excited. :)
Honestly, I've never shared more common interests than with the people on this site. Really glad I joined, everyone I know irl sucks. Seriously. Not trying to brown nose haha its just a good feeling to share common interests with awesome people.

bright lights, big city

awwww

Quote from: blixa on Sep 23, 2010, 03:13 AM
the beginning of the social network trailer is a work of pure unmitigated beauty. THERE I SAID IT!
it's a Fincher movie. reason #1 I was ever interested in it, honestly.
DERP

chick de la lynch

David Fincher is great and all, but honestly The Social Network does not excite me at all. The only reason I think I'd watch it is for Andrew Garfield (a terrific actor). The plot doesn't interest me, and the trailer looks bland and boring. Critics have a tendency to overplay a film. I have a feeling this may be one of those films where the critics go on for years about it being great, but once you plop down to see it it'll be overrated and you'll be demanding your money back.

deftjess

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Sep 24, 2010, 04:50 AM
David Fincher is great and all, but honestly The Social Network does not excite me at all. The only reason I think I'd watch it is for Andrew Garfield (a terrific actor). The plot doesn't interest me, and the trailer looks bland and boring. Critics have a tendency to overplay a film. I have a feeling this may be one of those films where the critics go on for years about it being great, but once you plop down to see it it'll be overrated and you'll be demanding your money back.

and Hot Ass Brenda Song is in it

Man i would hit that (grabs crotch)