Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

black coffee

Watched the ghost writer last night. Pretty good political thriller, though it is not my favorite genre in movies.

theis

127 Hours - 4/5 (Great movie. James Franco was excellent)

Red - 3/5 (Good, stupid fun. John Malcovich was the highlight.)

defskull

I thought RED was so boring.  i saw Paprika tonight. It was alright. I probably would have appreciated it more if I saw it before seeing Inception.   At times it seemed to be out there for the sake of being out there but I suppose dreams are sometimes like that.

chick de la lynch

I saw a few films while on vacation. The first one I saw was Brothers, the American re-make, although I saw that before I went on vacation. I felt as if the acting was genuine, although I remember the trailer being different which mislead me when I watched this film. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it and I actually liked Toby Maguire. Strange, but he did a stellar performance. If he picked out more good roles, I might like him more.

I also saw The Room. My cousin begged me to watch it, and I guess it's just one of those really horrible films you have to see to believe kind of thing. I was immensely amused, and I guess it passed the time? I probably could have done something more productive rather than watch that film.

I finally saw Black Swan, which was amazing. I never knew Darren Aronofsky could make a theatrical film, and yet he did which I was in awe of. Some of the scenes made me cringe just because I freak out easily. This is obviously Natalie Portman's best performance. You could tell she was invested in this role 200% from the dancing to her voice. I will be shocked and angry if she doesn't win an Oscar for her performance.

Then I saw The Ten, which had interesting stories and some great  actors. I think it tried to be smart about the Ten Commandments, but as the stories went along it just got too absurd to the point where it got irritating.

bright lights, big city

I saw Salt yesterday, and was pleasantly surprised. This was the definition of a fast-paced movie. Basically nothing but main characters dying, gun sequences, and chase scenes. Liev Schreiber's in it, who's great, and Jolie's acting was good. A lot of twists and a story that could lead into an entertaining series, I think a good way to sum up the movie in two words would be: "female Bourne".
8/10
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

one weak

one weak

adventureland was pretty lame. john hughes figured out how to pair humor and seriousness into coming of age melodramas, this could not.

chick de la lynch

I thought about watching Adventureland just because I used to work at a theme park and could relate to it. I seriously cannot stand Jesse Eisenberg. I want to punch him in the face whenever he comes on screen. It's one of the main reasons why I haven't seen The Social Network.

lukas989

I thought adventureland was alright - not one Id immortalise in my collection, but worth a go nonetheless.  Funny you should mention Jesse Eisenberg...I think it may just as simple as his face is the reason you want to punnch him.  Hes got a very very punchable coupon.  continued my Vince Cassel fest with Eastern Promises - it was shit hot.  The violence was pretty gosh darn raw - but highly highly recommended.

blixa

watched babel tonight. i couldn't fault it. not even brad pitt's acting skillz!

theis

ben

Brad Pitt is one of the best actors out there...

Saw Easy A.  enjoyable, Emma Stone could be hotter though. 

theis

one weak

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Jan 15, 2011, 01:18 AM
I thought about watching Adventureland just because I used to work at a theme park and could relate to it. I seriously cannot stand Jesse Eisenberg. I want to punch him in the face whenever he comes on screen. It's one of the main reasons why I haven't seen The Social Network.
haha, yeah he´s not my favorite either.

ben

Well, I've seen Adventureland and Zombieland and Charlie Banks, all with Eisenberg....the dude has talent, he just hasn't had a lot to work with.  Give him a good script by Sorkin or an unbelievable director like Fincher, he's totally up to game.

However I have to think that The Social Network might be Eisenberg's peak...but we'll see.  I really hope he wins an oscar.

blixa

Quote from: theis on Jan 15, 2011, 03:48 PM
Are you saying Brad Pitt can't act?

not really. just that he has never impressed me. he semi did in babel. i can't remember him in anything else, which is telling.

theis

Fight Club, 12 Monkeys, The Assassination of Jesse James, Sleepers, True Romance...to mention a few. He's fantastic in those.

lukas989

...and Kalifornia - the one that really brought him to the fore, at least according to me.  That film is splendid.