Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

He can do no wrong, really. Easily in my top 3 favorite actors.

Oh, and this makes him even more awesome:

WHY BRAD PITT IS MY FAVORITE "ARTIST"!

defskull

chick de la lynch

I was watching Colin Firth on the Golden Globes and all I wanted to do was just rip off his clothes. British men age well.

Anyway, I watched The Green Hornet this weekend. I originally wasn't planning on watching this at all but I got a free movie ticket so what the hell. Not Rogen's best writing. I think he can do action, but not this type of action. The film was all over the place, but there were a few times when Seth seemed like he could pull it off. But it only happened a few times. Chou pretty much stole the show, and like in many interviews Seth gave, Seth really was his sidekick. I'm probably being too nice about this film because Seth just looked so damn sexy in the Green Hornet suit. I wouldn't pay money to see this film, and luckily I didn't have to.

bright lights, big city

I'll probably still end up paying for it. The Kato character's badassery alone makes me want to see it, aside from me loving almost everything Rogen and Michel Gondry do.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

Quote from: theis on Jan 16, 2011, 02:51 PM
Fight Club, 12 Monkeys, The Assassination of Jesse James, Sleepers, True Romance...to mention a few. He's fantastic in those.

he was good in 12 monkeys. he just doesn't appeal to me for some reason. i never really notice him when he's onscreen.

blixa

good scary film, but sort of disappointed by the ending. there was also a lot of david lynch inspired things going on in it too.

bright lights, big city

i hate to ruin your day, but i believe that's being remade for the real english-speaking countries.
DERP

theis

chick de la lynch

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jan 17, 2011, 05:23 AM
I'll probably still end up paying for it. The Kato character's badassery alone makes me want to see it, aside from me loving almost everything Rogen and Michel Gondry do.

I'd just watch it for Kato. He was fast, charming and the ultimate bad ass. Rogen usually does a great job with whatever he does, but this film is his worst to date. His acting was fine, it was the writing that was awful. Then again, the film was rated PG-13, which meant the comedy that he's known for and does best would be left out of the film. It seemed as if they had a lot of restrictions with this film, which meant a lot of Rogen's material would be censored.

one weak

Quote from: theis on Jan 17, 2011, 11:22 PM
Just got back from Black Swan.

Amazing.
i think it's my "best" film of the year. It's not perfect, but compared to the rest, I think it has something others don't.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Jan 18, 2011, 05:49 AM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jan 17, 2011, 05:23 AM

I'd just watch it for Kato. He was fast, charming and the ultimate bad ass. Rogen usually does a great job with whatever he does, but this film is his worst to date. His acting was fine, it was the writing that was awful. Then again, the film was rated PG-13, which meant the comedy that he's known for and does best would be left out of the film. It seemed as if they had a lot of restrictions with this film, which meant a lot of Rogen's material would be censored.
I hate to be one of the "those" guys, but yeah I find myself disliking a lot of PG-13 movies just because they should be trying to get away with more things. An upcoming example is The Rite with Anthony Hopkins. It looks creepy, but then at the end of the trailer it says PG-13, and I just know that it'll probably suck.
DERP

blixa

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jan 17, 2011, 02:51 PM
i hate to ruin your day, but i believe that's being remade for the real english-speaking countries.

fo'realz?

bright lights, big city

Quote from: blixa on Jan 18, 2011, 09:19 AM

fo'realz?
yeah supposedly coming out in 2011
DERP

theis

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford - 10/10 (easily of the greatest movies ever)

The Machinist - 9/10

bright lights, big city

Quote from: theis on Jan 18, 2011, 11:43 PM
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford - 10/10 (easily of the greatest movies ever)

The Machinist - 9/10
fuck. yes. both great movies, but especially Jesse James. everything about that (acting, music, cinematography, narrating, directing, writing) is absolutely amazing.
DERP

theis

It boggles my mind how this went so unnoticed at the Oscars. When a movie like There Will Be Blood (similar in both look and feel) can get so much recognition. Don't get me wrong, I love TWBB, but, for me, Jesse James is on another level.

As you said, everything is amazing. A masterpiece.

davetonez

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jan 18, 2011, 02:28 PM
Quote from: blixa on Jan 18, 2011, 09:19 AM

fo'realz?
yeah supposedly coming out in 2011

Not exactly an uncommon thing anymore, right?

one weak

yep, hollywood are schmucks. they'd try to polish shit and film it if they could.

....and yes, i've seen the myth busters ep.

edit: sorry, i don't mean that this movie sucks or anything, i have never even heard of it. just trying to make a point that the spirit of actually writing new material is lost on hollywood.

davetonez

I understood.

It's true though. I grew up on watching horror movies and I know it happens with all genres of movies, but it sucks seeing one of your favourite movies from when you grew up being remade into a piece of Hollywood garbage. Hollywood just throw in a few big name actors, hire Michael Bay or something, and loosely follow the original plot, then call it a remake... Or they hound foreign films and do a similar thing (eg- The Grudge).