Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blixa

Quote from: davetonez on Jan 19, 2011, 08:47 AM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jan 18, 2011, 02:28 PM
Quote from: blixa on Jan 18, 2011, 09:19 AM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jan 17, 2011, 02:51 PM
i hate to ruin your day, but i believe that's being remade for the real english-speaking countries.

fo'realz?
yeah supposedly coming out in 2011

Not exactly an uncommon thing anymore, right?

it's not uncommon when we're speaking about 'foreign' movies being remade aka americanised. lake mungo was filmed on a ridiculously small budget yet it creeped me the hell out. it will be intriguing to see the remake because obviously they will have an extremely larger budget to work with than what joel anderson had back here in australia.

one weak

Quote from: davetonez on Jan 20, 2011, 02:09 AM
I understood.

It's true though. I grew up on watching horror movies and I know it happens with all genres of movies, but it sucks seeing one of your favourite movies from when you grew up being remade into a piece of Hollywood garbage. Hollywood just throw in a few big name actors, hire Michael Bay or something, and loosely follow the original plot, then call it a remake... Or they hound foreign films and do a similar thing (eg- The Grudge).
yeah, my thought's exactly.

lukas989

The Vanishing - arguably the biggest fuck up of a remake.  It almost made me cry, they fucked it up so bad.  The start....jesus fuck.  That ending....fuck sake.

blixa

watched bran nue dae. i haven't had this much fun with a film in so long.

and dan sultan, GET IN MAH BED!

bright lights, big city

you can take whoever this dan sultan dude is, just get me whoever that girl is in my bed.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

jessica mauboy.

dan sultan is one big hunk of sex on legs.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

if you have any resemblance to sultan then you are all the spunk that you say you are.

chick de la lynch

I saw The Bounty Hunter last weekend and the only reason why I saw it was because my date canceled on me and I felt like watching a shitty romance comedy. It was a shitty romance comedy and that's all I can really say about this movie.

I made it up a few days ago when I saw Modern Times. As ashamed as I am to admit this, this is my first Charlie Chaplin film. I'm 22 and I just saw my first Chaplin film. Anyway, I loved this film. It was smart and I can imagine it being controversial for its day with the whole "nose powder" scene. The ending made me tear up, but in a sweet way. I felt Chaplin's sincerity through the scene and it made me feel uplifted. I don't think you can help but to love Chaplin.

defskull

blixa

we watched modern times in my first year of university.

i watched scent of a woman and speed yesterday night. i seriously just love old movies. nothing like them. i have to find my video of demolition man. TOP FILM!

ben

Oh yes, those golden oldies in the mid 90s.    haha j/k man, but I know what you mean.

blixa

one weak

Yeah I watched that film back in school. was good, but intense.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

I saw Paranormal Activity 2 last night.In my opinion much better than the first one.

blixa

i'm dying to watch catfish. i don't want to know anything more about it than what marc fennell has told me and now i have to fucking watch it.

one weak

I finally saw Gran Torino.

I liked it, but felt that some parts were a little too melodramatic. I love clint eastwood, but this movie was nothing compared to Mystic River and Million Dollar Baby.

chick de la lynch

I felt as if Gran Torino had a lot more personality and umph to it than Mystic River and Million Dollar Baby combined. All three are still great films in my book.

blixa

seriously the creepiest horror movie i've ever seen, that isn't actually billed as a horror movie.

chick de la lynch

So I've seen a few films over the last two weeks. First one I saw was Middle of Nowhere. Your typical low-budget, indie film with some memorable characters. I now have a huge crush on Anton Yelchin.

I also saw Split Second that same evening. The film was all over the place and had no clear focus. I zoned out through most of the film.

I finally got to see I'm Still Here. I don't know what to really think of the film. As a mockumentary goes, it wasn't well put together. It felt spastic and jumped around way too much. However, I think this is Joaquin's best performance to date. Yeah,  there were a lot of people who thought it was a hoax, but somewhere in the back of their minds they also thought he was being serious. Not to mention this was out of character for Phoenix. I'd recommend it for fans of Phoenix because I think those are the only people who will truly appreciate the film.

I saw my first French New Wave film, or a subset of it--Cleo From 5 to 7. I'm supposed to watch it in my film studies class later in the semester, but I was in the mood to see it so I did. I thought it did a fantastic job of documenting Cleo's last two hours before she gets the test results. It's a nerve racking experience waiting for important medical results and the way Cleo acted as she was waiting was natural yet real and even expected. I was also impressed with how spot on it was revealing how women are expected to act no matter what the circumstance may be, and was the most memorable part of the film. .