Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tingkagol

127 hours - 8/10

I didn't know this was based on real incidents until I read it up on the internet. I was expecting Franco's character to die (despite the obvious nod to survival given away by its title), but I'm thankful that he did survive- no matter how 'hollywood-cliche' that gets. Films like "Buried" can suck my ass.

blixa

it's nearing 3am and so far i've watched the devil and daniel johnston 3 times today.

chick de la lynch

So guess who finally got around to watching Inception this weekend? This girl right here! I was dead ass broke when the film came out, so I never got a chance to watch it in theaters which is unfortunate since this film deserves to be seen on a big screen. It was definitely worth the wait though. It was visually beautiful, which is the main reason why watching it on a laptop is disappointing. The story was so complex but fell together in place. It was great, and definitely worth a second watch. One of the best films of 2010 easily. I <3 Nolan.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Feb 21, 2011, 05:22 AM
One of the best films of 2010 easily. I <3 Nolan.
hell yeah, just too bad it won't win the big oscars.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

i still haven't seen it. the only cillian film i haven't seen.

lukas989

I took in the generously available-free-on-Lovefilm 'The Machinist', with Christian Bale and Michael Ironside at the weekend - a good watch all in all, as much of Christians movies are.  Theres the standout grab of an concept from Fight Club, but theres room (I see nothing wrong with the sharing of a concept - more the sharing of a story pisses me off) for that if the standard is kept high.  Seeing Michael Ironside was cool - I've always enjoyed him.  Two things I remember about that guy - my maw fancying him, and his arms getting ripped off on that elevator in Total Recall.  See you at the pardee Richturrr.

blixa

i freaking love the machinist. such a beautiful film.

saw battle royale tonight. i was literally "OMG" the whole time. i like the fact i didn't hate any of the characters.

bright lights, big city

watched Carlos, which won best mini-series at the golden globes so I decided to check it. 5 and a half hours long total, but a pretty good flick about terrorist Carlos the Jackal, who I had no background on going in. At times it kind of sympathized him, even though he fought for groups that I'm completely against. But it was definitely worth seeing if you happen to have Sundance OnDemand or whenever the dvd comes out. Good story, action, and lots of subtitles if you're pretentious about film like me and into that sort of thing.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

chick de la lynch

Quote from: blixa on Feb 22, 2011, 01:54 PM
i freaking love the machinist. such a beautiful film.

saw battle royale tonight. i was literally "OMG" the whole time. i like the fact i didn't hate any of the characters.

Battle Royale is fun and gory. I wouldn't mind watching it again.

blixa

it was very good. i didn't think i was going to enjoy it so much. i don't know if i've told you this before, heaven, but i wanted to tell you to check out 'all about lily chou-chou'.

i've been watching shunji iwai's films. he's incredible.

bright lights, big city

I remember seeing Battle Royale, and all I could think about was MXC because Takeshi was the star. I also just conveniently found out that the movie had some inspiration to Tarantino for his Kill Bill movies. Gogo, the badass Japanese girl, was also Battle Royale (thank you very much imdb).
DERP

lukas989

Speaking of films from the east - theres a nifty lil youtube here:

Deftones - Combat

Combat played over the Host - Ive added it but yet to see...anyone here who has seen it?  Any good?

Sinatra

Quote from: lukas989 on Feb 24, 2011, 08:49 PM
Speaking of films from the east - theres a nifty lil youtube here:

Deftones - Combat

Combat played over the Host - Ive added it but yet to see...anyone here who has seen it?  Any good?

The host is a excellent film which I thoroughly enjoyed.

blixa

last night i hired taxi driver. i'm super excited to watch it that i'm writing about it now hahaha

chick de la lynch

I think you're really going to enjoy Taxi Driver. It's just a great film. I don't know anyone who doesn't like that film. This week I watched two really, really, depressing films.

In my film studies class we watched The Passion of Joan of Arc. I couldn't get over how beautiful that movie was. The close-ups of the faces and Falconetti's eyes--it was haunting. Bergman stole a lot from this film, but wow. Making a silent film intense takes true talent. I just remember how quiet the room was once the film ended. A few people cried, but surprisingly I didn't. I think I would have if I watched the film in one sitting.

Last night I watched Salò or 120 Days of Sodom. I didn't know too much about this film before I watched it. All I knew was it is considered to be one of the most controversial films ever. Usually when they put that label on there it's an over-exaggeration. Not this time. If I had known more about this film I probably would have never watched it. I really couldn't believe what I was seeing half the time, and I could barely look at several of the scenes. It was nauseating, horrific and these wretched images are forever burned in my brain. However, the film was beautifully shot and is probably one of the most important films ever. It explore Fascism, apathy,  complacency, depravity, consumerism...I could  go on. I definitely wouldn't recommend it for everyone. You need to have a strong stomach and a very open mind when watching this film. I can honestly say I will NEVER watch Salò again.

lukas989

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Feb 26, 2011, 02:47 AM
I think you're really going to enjoy Taxi Driver. It's just a great film. I don't know anyone who doesn't like that film. This week I watched two really, really, depressing films.

In my film studies class we watched The Passion of Joan of Arc. I couldn't get over how beautiful that movie was. The close-ups of the faces and Falconetti's eyes--it was haunting. Bergman stole a lot from this film, but wow. Making a silent film intense takes true talent. I just remember how quiet the room was once the film ended. A few people cried, but surprisingly I didn't. I think I would have if I watched the film in one sitting.

Last night I watched Salò or 120 Days of Sodom. I didn't know too much about this film before I watched it. All I knew was it is considered to be one of the most controversial films ever. Usually when they put that label on there it's an over-exaggeration. Not this time. If I had known more about this film I probably would have never watched it. I really couldn't believe what I was seeing half the time, and I could barely look at several of the scenes. It was nauseating, horrific and these wretched images are forever burned in my brain. However, the film was beautifully shot and is probably one of the most important films ever. It explore Fascism, apathy,  complacency, depravity, consumerism...I could  go on. I definitely wouldn't recommend it for everyone. You need to have a strong stomach and a very open mind when watching this film. I can honestly say I will NEVER watch Salò again.

Ah Salo...fortunately, I learned a lot about it beforehand - so I didnt watch it.  Your words provide another briquette I can throw on my 'wise move' fire.

blixa

i watched the wackness. made me bust out some notorious big and the rest of my cassette collection. very good movie about a young drug dealer.

i then watched easy a with my sister. it was shit. i strictly continued to watch it for patricia clarkson and stanley tucci. i had high hopes for it but fuck, it was just a pile of poop. people should just watch saved instead.

chick de la lynch

I thought about watching Easy A because of Tucci and Clarkson. I also like Emma Stone. She's likable on screen, and rather cute to look at.

blixa

it was just a bad movie. i usually am able to find some amiable things about a film regardless of how shit it is but i literally got nothing from it. then they had to go and reference john hughes, and it could've been done well and all but blah, it was just really cliche (and not in a good way because, you know, i love cliches). it was a waste of time.

blixa

watched fish tank last night. fantastic british film. really painful to watch in some bits. harry treadaway has the most intense blue eyes.