Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukas989

Saw 'Somersault' - about a young girl who runs from home after being caught by her maw snuggling up to her maws boyfriend.  She carries with her an often cringeworthy sense of naive confidence, latching onto to men to enable a forseeable stability.  It was pretty disturbing in places - but yeah, good.  The lead lass was pretty darned hot to...a quality they brought to the fore with the way guys reacted to her.

blixa

Quote from: lukas989 on May 04, 2011, 01:19 PM
Saw 'Somersault' - about a young girl who runs from home after being caught by her maw snuggling up to her maws boyfriend.  She carries with her an often cringeworthy sense of naive confidence, latching onto to men to enable a forseeable stability.  It was pretty disturbing in places - but yeah, good.  The lead lass was pretty darned hot to...a quality they brought to the fore with the way guys reacted to her.

i loved this when it first came out. i quickly came to dislike abbie cornish though. everyone else plays their role so well. if you ever come across the dvd of somersault there is a short film that shortland did called 'flower girl'. it floored me.

decoder ring did an amazing job with the music. they did the music for jewboy, another great australian film, as well.

lukas989

Quote from: blixa on May 04, 2011, 01:37 PM

i loved this when it first came out. i quickly came to dislike abbie cornish though. everyone else plays their role so well. if you ever come across the dvd of somersault there is a short film that shortland did called 'flower girl'. it floored me.

decoder ring did an amazing job with the music. they did the music for jewboy, another great australian film, as well.

Heh - funny you should say that about Abbie - I said to my lady that there was something about her that women especially would dislike (obviously the character she played in somersault didnt help disprove this)...just something about her..ways.

chick de la lynch

Quote from: lukas989 on May 04, 2011, 03:06 PM

Heh - funny you should say that about Abbie - I said to my lady that there was something about her that women especially would dislike (obviously the character she played in somersault didnt help disprove this)...just something about her..ways.

I definitely had problems with her character. She was waaaay to flighty for my liking. At the same time, I found myself relating to her. She just had a tendency to go cuckoo and that was irritating.

I loved the score the Decoder Ring did for this film, though. Great stuff.

Jerry_Curls

Beyond the Black Rainbow:
"BEYOND THE BLACK RAINBOW is a pure 100% pharmaceutical grade trip. Its not for everyone and will either be loved, or hated (no in between). If you haven't picked up on what I'm putting down, this movie joins that small sub-niche of films like PINK FLOYD'S THE WALL, or A CLOCKWORK ORANGE, where the most benefited viewer is the one that is on drugs:

Trailer:
http://ictv-bd-ec.indieclicktv.com/player/swf/b51134344b4b64572c52606f9e8f148c/4dc018c569c88/10/0/defaultPlayer^player.swf
[copy-and-paste link along with what isn't red]

Review:
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/review/5200
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

blixa

oh no, i liked her in the movie. she played a 16 year old perfectly fine. it was a year later that i just started to dislike her. i could tell early on that she was going to get cast as the pretty girl in every film.

Quote from: chick de la lynch on May 04, 2011, 05:59 PM

I definitely had problems with her character. She was waaaay to flighty for my liking. At the same time, I found myself relating to her. She just had a tendency to go cuckoo and that was irritating.

I loved the score the Decoder Ring did for this film, though. Great stuff.

you really should watch jewboy. you'll love it.

chick de la lynch

Of course I'll watch Jewboy. The title is already fucking awesome!

blixa

watched devil last night. i'm never getting into elevators again.

lithium

💩

lukas989

Watched 'Tell No One' - fucking ace.  Similar sort of story to stuff like The Vanishing, and the Girl who Played with Fire - guy is with his wife at the start and after an argument he hears her shout, he heads in her direction only to be smacked about, and knocked unconcious.  Cuts to 8 years later - where she has apparently been killed - doubt raised by an anonymous email he receives showing her in an apparently recent video clip.  Cue much action, revelation and craziness...top notch - I recommend highly.

blixa

blixa

snowtown is actually the most fucked up movie i have ever watched. it is perfect, but i don't recommend anyone to watch it. it's literally dante's hell. IT IS FUCKED UP!

poofing acid

Anyone else looking forward to seeing Emily Browning naked?

blixa

i've been to two parties where she's been present. she's kind of annoying.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: blixa on May 14, 2011, 03:47 PM
that still shouldn't stop you from trying to lez out with her.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

i personally wouldn't lez out with her. her physical looks don't appeal to me.

poofing acid

Nice job ignoring me.  #winning

blixa

Quote from: poofing acid on May 14, 2011, 04:36 PM

Nice job ignoring me.  #winning

i still think you're a piece of poo.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: ben on May 02, 2011, 03:46 PM
I Saw The Devil is the best film I've seen in years.

Oh FUCK yes. The more Korean films I watch, the more boners I get over how fucking amazing Korean cinema is. Jesus fucking christ that was a great movie. As great as whats-his-face was in Oldboy, his performance in this blew my fucking mind.

The whole fucking movie blew my mind. Throughout the whole damn thing something fucking badass was happening or you could sense that something badass was going to happen any second.

blixa

watched eden lake last night. WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT ENDING??? made me so fucking angry.