Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chick de la lynch

I watch The First Wives Club every time it comes on television. Diane Keaton is watchable in anything. One of the few chick flicks I like.

Vesanic

defskull

Finally saw The Machinist. I loved the Hitchcock-esque pacing and score but I was so disappointed with the ending. It had a lot of potential but it's like they couldn't figure out a good ending for it all.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Vesanic on Jul 18, 2011, 07:24 PM
Insidious was excellent in my opinion.
Watched it. Loved it. I can see where Theis lost it when you see more of Darth Maul. But I thought they kept he looked creepy and they managed to not make him look lame. I liked the acting and story. I managed to freak the fuck out several times when seeing the demons.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

Quote from: defskull on Jul 19, 2011, 03:06 AM
Finally saw The Machinist. I loved the Hitchcock-esque pacing and score but I was so disappointed with the ending. It had a lot of potential but it's like they couldn't figure out a good ending for it all.

suuuuch a good film. the ending wasn't crash hot so i agree, but i think the film was good enough (before the ending) for me to not be so disappointed. i came to this film disliking christian bale and now i really like him.

Vesanic

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jul 19, 2011, 04:21 AM
Watched it. Loved it. I can see where Theis lost it when you see more of Darth Maul. But I thought they kept he looked creepy and they managed to not make him look lame. I liked the acting and story. I managed to freak the fuck out several times when seeing the demons.

Loved everything in it. The scenario, the idea, the concept, the characters, the actors, the music. Come on, Tiptoe Through The Tulips, that was fucking brilliant hahaha. I can see how some people can lose it, the explanations given by Elise sound pretty far-fetched, but I don't know, I was still into it.

And above all, that movie creeped the shit out of me, which only a few selected horror movies have been able to do.

bright lights, big city

Elise explaining shit... hey it's a horror movie, you're supposed to believe her, haha.

And yeah that soundtrack was a stellar one.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

I think this is the first time we've disagreed about a movie, haha.

bright lights, big city

DERP

theis

Watched End of the Line. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0494224/ (Don't be fooled by the awful cover).

Surprisingly unsettling and disturbing little flick.

Impressive gore effects and some genuine scary scenes.

The opening scene made me jump like no other movie I can remember. And the baby scene...holy shit

Overall, one of the better horror movies I've seen in a long time.

8/10.

defskull

I'll check it out but wow is that terrible cover art.

chick de la lynch

I haven't watched too many films as of lately, but I saw a couple this week.

Horrible Bosses - I actually enjoyed this film more than I thought I would. Granted, the story could have probably used some work but when you have an outstanding cast like this you let things like plot slide. It seemed as if everyone really enjoyed working on this film, especially the bosses since those characters were the most exaggerated and most outrageous. I have to say Charlie Day stole the film, which is no easy feat when you have Jason Bateman and Jason Sudeikis as co-stars. Day has a lot of character and spunk and I definitely want to see more of him.

Trois Coleurs: Blanc - Apparently this was supposed to be the funny one of the trilogy, which I didn't think was funny. At all. Krzyzstof Kieslowski must have had a fucked up sense of humor to even advertise it as a comedy. Despite that, I liked the film. Not as strong as Bleu but it definitely had character. My one complaint about Kieslowski is the heavy handed use of symbolism in his films. I love symbolism as much as the next person, but I don't want to be constantly hit over the head with it. A little goes a long way. Just because you put lots of symbolism in your film doesn't make you a genius.

bright lights, big city

Horrible Bosses is easily my favorite comedy that's come out this year. Agreed that Charlie stole the show, he just can't do anything wrong. And Sudeikis had so many great lines. The chemistry between the 3 main characters was outstanding. As was the small appearances by Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx.
DERP

defskull

Cowboys and Aliens is terrible. Such a waste of Sam Rockwell.

bright lights, big city

Captain America was above average. My mental notes from seeing it last night:

- Chris Evans ain't too shabby in this role.
- Why doesn't Tommy Lee Jones get more work?
- My god this Hayley Atwell is really sexy.
- When is this bail bonds montage going to end?
- At least the Red Skull looks better than that 80s version I remember seeing.
- That was a painfully unnecessary 15 minute montage of Capt America pwning Nazis
- Jesus, Hayley Atwell has such glorious melons.
DERP

chick de la lynch

I saw Trois Coleurs: Rouge last night. Many people think Blanc is the weakest in the trilogy, however I feel as if Rouge was the weakest film. I didn't have a lot of compassion for these characters, while for the other two films in the trilogy I did have a lot of compassion for them. Shot beautifully, however once again the viewer is bombarded with way too much fucking symbolism. Krzystof Kieslowski knew how to make beautiful films, but his way of making his films thought provoking just proves that a movie can be overworked and tiring for the viewer. Kieslowski is an overrated director at best.

blixa

watched date night and death at a funeral (american version).

date night was funny purely because of steve carrell and tina fey chemistry. i loved all the scenes in that snotty seafood restaurant. the white cop was very hot.

death at a funeral was as funny as i thought it would be. tracey morgan...thank god such a man exists.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Captain America 8/10

Weaving did a fantastic job as Red Skull.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: blixa on Jul 31, 2011, 01:05 AM
watched date night and death at a funeral (american version).

death at a funeral was as funny as i thought it would be. tracey morgan...thank god such a man exists.
this is probably the first movie I think of when supporting the "don't remake movies" movement. even though Morgan is in it.
DERP

blixa

watched nowhere. araki never disappoints me. what the fuck happened to nathan bexton???