Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Source Code  9/10

Powerful as shit !!!! What a great movie and Michelle Monaghan  is such a hottie.

ben

The Housemaid.  7/10, just based on style.  End is stupid, yes, story has been done hundred times (it is a remake as well)...but very very well shot. 

Crazylegs

I just watched American Movie. I never heard of this film until a couple of weeks ago. I enjoyed it a whole bunch. Such a great gallery of personalities.

American Movie - A Theatrical Mockery

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Aliens (1986)

*Extended edition

25 years and this movie still fucking awesome.

bright lights, big city

Boondock Saints II

worst film I've seen in a long time.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lukas989

I see Michelle Williams bagged the Marilyn Monroe role in the upcoming My Week with Marilyn - if my senses are correct and this goes on to be a big box office winner, heartily deserved.  I havent seen a film with her in that hasnt been ace.  Just watched Lars and the Real Girl there the other day - continuing my Ryan Gosling-fest.  A strange idea for a film I must say - but Ive never been one to let inhibitions get in the way, and as a result enjoyed a lot.

theis

Primal Fear - 8/10

Arlington Road - 8/10

Hesher - 9/10 (What an unique, utterly bizarre, sad and heartfelt movie. Loved it.)

BillyNo.9

Rise of the Planet of the Apes 7/10

Awsome special effects despite how the trailer makes them look. Nice to see Brian Cox screwing people over  again :)

bright lights, big city

Brian Cox? Oh great now I need to see that movie.

The China Syndrome 9/10

can't believe I've never seen it before. About a journalism trying to break a story open about a cover-up at a nuclear plant. It's got a young Michael Douglas, Jane Fonda, Wilford Brimley, and great performance from the awesome Jack Lemmon.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Corleone

chick de la lynch

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 10, 2011, 04:02 AM
the awesome Jack Lemmon.

You know that's a redundant statement, right?

I recently saw Peep World which was unfortunate because this film had a lot of promise. What made it really unfortunate was the fact that this film had an all-star cast of great actors and comedians and none of their talents were utilized. The film had room to be longer, and should have really explored each character and at least explain why these people were so dysfunctional. It's upsetting when I see films like these because I know it has a lot of potential, yet doesn't even begin to reach it.

BillyNo.9

He's not a big part of it, so don't see it for that reason alone

bright lights, big city

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Aug 10, 2011, 05:22 AM

He's not a big part of it, so don't see it for that reason alone
Went and it saw yesterday actually, haha. He was good, as was Lithgow and Franco. I enjoyed it overall, thought the story was good, effects were good, but what kept it from being great was that I thought they dumbed it down. The boss character was retarded, same with Cox's character's son. I got some enjoyment out of them constant fucking with the next door neighbor, though.

7.5/10
DERP

ben

I've seen so many fucking movies lately.

Apes was pretty good, 7/10
Stupid Crazy Love or whatever it's called was very enjoyable.  Ryan Gosling gave a good comedic performance, 7/10
Cowboys and Aliens was utter trash, 3/10
Horrible Bosses was alright but I just don't find Charlie Day funny at all, 5/10
Saw 30 Minutes or Less lastnight, and it was funny in parts but just because you say Fuck every 10 seconds it's not like the film is laugh-out-loud funny, 6/10.

ben

The Warrior's Way- Ridiculously stupid and Kate Bosworth pissed me off throughout.  3/10

deftjess

The Adjustment Bureau 8/10 really solid movie

Emily Blunt good actress

ben

House of flying daggers, crazy cinematography 7.5/10

chick de la lynch

I've been watching movies again, and have seen some good ones.

A Serious Man - This reeked of the Coen Brothers without having their typical cast of actors. Great film with excellent actors. Made me wish I was Jewish. Or at least made me want to marry a Jewish man. Not that that's any news. Probably one of my favorite Coen Brothers films.

Wings of Desire - I remember watching the intro in my film studies class and was very interested in seeing the rest. Unfortunately the rest didn't compare the intro of the film, but I was amazed how this film was shot. It was beautiful and looked like it was made in the 60's. The film was hard to get into since the premise is about Angels listening to humans thoughts and there are thirty different voices in a foreign language going at once. I can guarantee it is 100x better than City of Angels.

Winter's Bone - Simple and subtle would be the best way to describe this film. The film manages to be haunting without a lot ever really happening, which isn't easy to do. Jennifer Lawrence's performance was effortless. It almost seemed as if she was actually a girl living in the Ozarks and a camera man happened to be there with her and her journey trying to find her father.

Through a Glass Darkly - Can Ingmar Bergman seriously do no wrong? Really? Amazing film. Each character in this film suffered from some sort of pain, and to make the pain palpable to the viewer is breathtaking and heart wrenching.  It's great how Bergman used the same five or six actors in all of his movies, yet make each character different from the last. The actors never play the same person twice. I don't know if it's Bergman's writing/directing skills or the actor's ability to be chameleons. I'm excited to see the next two films in the "Faith" trilogy.

bright lights, big city

I absolutely loved Winter's Bone. John Hawkes was awesome, as was Lawrence.
DERP