Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stuka

Super: Ellen Page was good. Movie not.
Your Highness: Danny McBride was excellent as always. Had a great time.
The Mechanic: Statham, guns, and guns. Well... nice.
face teh load.

bright lights, big city

Attack the Block
9/10

Probably one of my favorite movies of this year. About a group of young badass teens who find themselves going to war with aliens in south London. Aliens weren't cheesy since they didn't really show much, Nick Frost was in it so that's always a positive, good story. Just a fun, awesome, breath of fresh air compared to the shitty alien invasion movies that've come out in the last year or 2 (I'm looking mainly at you, Battle LA).
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

BillyNo.9

Friends with Benefits was actually not bad. I like Justin Timberlake as an actor, he did a good job in The Social Network and he's good in this too. Guy's, take your girl out to see it or something, she'll love it and you'll laugh your ass off at it.

chick de la lynch

I watched the rest of Ingmar Bergman's "Faith" trilogy--The Silence and Winter Light.

I think Winter Light is my least favorite out of the trilogy simply because I felt it was a little too dogmatic, even for a Bergman film. I still enjoyed watching it. Very depressing, but beautifully shot.

The Silence had a lot more sex in it than I anticipated. I had no idea how controversial it was when it first came out in 1963. Bergman always has sexual elements in his films, but this was just outright sexual. If Through a Glass Darkly wasn't so good then this would have been my favorite in the trilogy. It was haunting, sexy and eerie. Definitely one of my favorite Bergman films.

ben

I just recently watched Bergman's "Wild Strawberries".  I loved that movie. 

theis

Watched "I Saw the Devil" with a friend, who hadn't seen it, last night.

Such a great movie.

I've been watching a lot of horror within the last week.

Videodrome
The Fly
^ my two favorite Cronenberg movies.

The Hills Have Eyes (original) - pretty bad flick actually. This is one of the few times where the remake surpasses the original in every way.
Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III - decent time waster, but nothing great. Fun to see a young Viggo Mortenson in this.

Cemetery Man (AKA Dellamorte Dellamore) - one of my all time favorites.

Gonna watch X-Men: First Class tonight.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: theis on Sep 16, 2011, 10:40 AM

Such a great movie.

Gonna watch X-Men: First Class tonight.
YES to X-Men. I coincidentally saw Devil just a couple nights ago again as well. Love that movie, the ultimate revenge movie. I would even go as far to say that it's one of my favorite foreign language movies. Definitely top 10.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Really looking forward to X-Men.

Heard nothing but great things.

ben

Quote from: theis on Sep 16, 2011, 10:40 AM

Such a great movie.

I presume you've watched a lot of Korean cinema then?  That country is churning out some of the most impressive films of the past decade...Park's Vengeance trilogy, Secret Sunshine, The Chaser, A Bittersweet Life, Poetry, Breathless... all amazing films.

Or maybe you just liked I Saw the Devil because it is a well-made horror film with a great argument on despair and revenge.

Also can't wait for Yellow Sea to come out here, that movie looks insane.

theis

I've seen the Revenge trilogy, A Tale of Two Sisters and I Saw the Devil. That's it.

Really wanna see The Chaser and The Good, the Bad, the Weird.

bright lights, big city

DERP

theis

ben

chick de la lynch

Quote from: ben on Sep 16, 2011, 05:05 AM
I just recently watched Bergman's "Wild Strawberries".  I loved that movie. 

Amazing film. Had The Seventh Seal never been made, Wild Strawberries would be my favorite Bergman film.

theis

X-Men: First Class.

Great, great, great. Second best movie in the series. X2 is still my favorite.

Crazylegs

i watched red state the other day. I don't really know what to make of it. I mean, i like it, but i wasn't exactly blown away.

theis

Quote from: Crazylegs on Sep 16, 2011, 10:54 PM
i watched red state the other day. I don't really know what to make of it. I mean, i like it, but i wasn't exactly blown away.

Thought that was an interesting flick. Nice to see Kevin Smith doing something completely different.

I thought it was pretty damn creepy when [spoiler]those horns started blaring. I was actually hoping that the rapture was really happening. That would've been one crazy twist. But yeah, it would've been hard to pull off. [/spoiler]

defskull

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 16, 2011, 05:37 PM
what about The Host? Gahh...

Saw this for the first time the other day. I thought it was terrible. After hearing great things for years I was greatly disappointed.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: theis on Sep 16, 2011, 09:17 PM

Fassbender is so awesome.
DERP

theis

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 17, 2011, 04:26 PM
Quote from: theis on Sep 16, 2011, 09:17 PM

Fassbender is so awesome.

Fuck yeah, he's indeed awesome. Can't wait to see him in Prometheus.