Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

I thought Kevin Bacon did a pretty good job...however, January Jones' acting was just awful.  Besides that, the movie kicks ass.  James Mcavoy was also awesome.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: theis on Sep 17, 2011, 04:57 PM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 17, 2011, 04:26 PM
Quote from: theis on Sep 16, 2011, 09:17 PM
X-Men: First Class.

Great, great, great. Second best movie in the series. X2 is still my favorite.
Fassbender is so awesome.

Fuck yeah, he's indeed awesome. Can't wait to see him in Prometheus.
That cast looks amazing.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

watched agnes and his brothers. gorgeous film. poor werner.

chick de la lynch

I saw A Place in The Sun a few nights ago. Great film. Reminds me how great of an actress Elizabeth Taylor was, not to mention how gorgeous the woman was. Very reminiscent of Match Point, which isn't surprising since Woody Allen has a tendency to steal from some great films. Oh, and Montgomery Clift was nothing less than handsome.

blixa

watched insidious last night. didn't think much of it, but i loved the fact that angus sampson was in it.

BillyNo.9

Attack the Block 8/10

Pretty much awesome. Loved the aliens. The only thing that bought it down a bit for me was how cheesy some of the shit the kids said.
Also the soundtrack is amazing

bright lights, big city

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Sep 26, 2011, 11:54 PM
Attack the Block 8/10

Pretty much awesome. Loved the aliens. The only thing that bought it down a bit for me was how cheesy some of the shit the kids said.
Loved that movie. Maaaaybe could've had a little more Nick Frost.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

poofing acid

BillyNo.9

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 27, 2011, 12:54 AM
Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Sep 26, 2011, 11:54 PM
Attack the Block 8/10

Loved that movie. Maaaaybe could've had a little more Nick Frost.

Haha Yeah. I suppose he was just used to promote the movie really

Corleone

mystic river: 7/10

good acting, not so great ending though

chick de la lynch

To Kill a Mockingbird - I never read the book so I felt a little bad watching the movie with no background on the book. It took me a while to get into it, but once I did I fell in love with the movie. It was dark and haunting yet still managed to have its sweet moments. I don't know how in love I would have been with the book. The Southern accents were difficult to listen to after a while, so I couldn't imagine reading the dialogue with Southern accents. I'd love to have a father like Atticus Finch. Gregory Peck was amazing in the role and it fit him so well.

50/50 - It's a very sweet film that definitely gives a different take on cancer films. Joseph Gordon-Levitt was very sympathetic and easy to relate to. It was obvious all his character wanted was normalcy in his life and there's only so many times you can tell yourself you're fine. His performance shook me and is probably one of his best performances to date. It seemed like Seth Rogen got a lot of flack for playing his friend since it's his usual character, however I can't imagine anyone else filling in those shoes. If I ever get cancer I'd like to have Seth Rogen around to cheer me up and take my mind off of things. I think the therapist character seemed a little out of place from time to time. Anna Kendrick was likable but she also ruined the movie for me from time to time.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Killer Elite - 7.5/10

Pretty good action flick but nothing new which is not bad at all :D

100Modem

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 16, 2011, 05:37 PM
what about The Host? Gahh...

I was expecting this movie to be different but turned out to be comedy.

BillyNo.9

Red State   7/10
Basically Waco meets WBC.  Not really an action film like the trailers suggest. Kevin Smith gets right into the speaches as always and makes the cult leader very believable.

lukas989

Just watched Billy the Kid, which rather than being about a cowdude, is actually a docu about a teenager who without it being mentioned, is definitely bipolar/autistic/an Aspergers sufferer - such is the regularity of his insightful gems, coupled with his total lack of social skills and ability to discuss anything other than whatevers on his mind.  It reminded me a lot tonewise of Johns Not Mad, which is about a Scottish teenager with Tourettes, where both will have you laughing out loud at various things said, whilst constantly carrying an immense sadness for the predicament they both find themselves in, as well as the bullshit theyve put up with.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

100Modem

Johnny English Reborn was a fun movie to see like the first one. Its too bad Rowan Atkinson is going to retire the whole mr bean character.
7/10

BillyNo.9

Quote from: 100Modem on Oct 09, 2011, 03:47 PM
Johnny English Reborn was a fun movie to see like the first one. Its too bad Rowan Atkinson is going to retire the whole mr bean character.
7/10

Mr. Bean is an asshole. Hate that whole thing and always have. Theres a depressing bleakness about him. Also he seems a bit paedophile.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Oct 09, 2011, 04:30 PM
7/10

Mr. Bean is an asshole. Hate that whole thing and always have. Theres a depressing bleakness about him. Also he seems a bit paedophile.
you GTFO now
DERP

BillyNo.9

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 10, 2011, 03:22 AM
Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Oct 09, 2011, 04:30 PM
7/10

you GTFO now

Why? Cuz Mr.Bean can go suck a dick?