Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

glassJAw

Started by offteethtaste, May 13, 2005, 07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

offteethtaste

just got back from seeing head automatica and had a chance to talk to daryl for a second.  when i spoke with him i said how i hadn't seen him perform for a few years back when gj played with dredg and hot water music at snocore.  when i asked if glassjaw was done for, his response was: "we're not fucking dead at all man." not sure what that means, but there's still hope.

as for the show, they were great.  played for about an hour.  lots of new songs that were even more energetic than ones off of decadence.  3 of the titles i can remember were Shirley, Continental Divide, and Graduation Day.  

a static lullaby was the headliner and once they started, about 75% of the crowd left.  hard to really match the energy.

Oldnewtype

hey thats cool, im glad daryl is feeling better again.

defskull

You do realize at least 5 people probably ask him that every single show.

raynor

Quote from: "defskull"You do realize at least 5 people probably ask him that every single show.
haha true

offteethtaste

of course, but i had to hear it from the horse's mouth to believe it.  means way more to me.

The Captain

Quote from: "raynor"
Quote from: "defskull"You do realize at least 5 people probably ask him that every single show.
haha true
I'd love it if he said something different to each person, that'd be hilarious

Malpractice

that's cool glad to hear they are back i was going to go to that show at the Bowery Ballroom but instead i am going to go to the hometown show in like 2 weeks on Long Island

Paint Your Lips

Hope he puts more effort into new Glassjaw material than Head Automatica.

defskull

Quote from: "offteethtaste"of course, but i had to hear it from the horse's mouth to believe it.  means way more to me.

But Daryl doesn't like the incessant bugging.

offteethtaste

yeah, i wouldn't call it a bugging really.  there weren't many people there and he was just kind of hanging out.  he also said that the new head automatica cd is well into the works.  i think he was just happy i wasnt a girl who wanted him to sign more shit.  i didnt want to be a dick and ask a ton of questions, just wanted to tell him i appreciated his work.  he's a pretty gracious person and whatnot.

Glässjãw

If I was Daryl I wouldn't be annoyed at all, more like glad/flattered that there are still plenty of Glassjaw fans out there, waiting for new material.

xcrossx1

Yeah,  bands don't hate their fans,  fans that don't get to talk to bands hate their fans.

nothing bleeds like

That's cool, I hope Glassjaw comes back. Head Automatica is pretty cool, but it gets kinda tiresome after repeated listenings.

jv_

Used Glass - wookubus
(11:54 AM PST 05/24/2005)
Glassjaw will be hitting the road with The Used in mid-August for a U.S. run, dates and venues are currently being firmed up.

:?:  :?:

raynor

Malpractice

yea i think they are rescheduling the hometown show on Long Island for late July and doing an east coast run with The Used atleast that is what Miguel told me

Glässjãw

Quote from: "jv_"Used Glass - wookubus
Glassjaw will be hitting the road with The Used in mid-August for a U.S. run, dates and venues are currently being firmed up.

That's for all you fuckers that said they were dead.

defson43

They better come to the West Coast!!!!

West Side! 8)

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: "jv_"Used Glass - wookubus

Holy crap!

But why The Used?!!

defson43

Does not matter who there playing with..... at least there playing!!