Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The books thread

Started by tarkil, Jan 16, 2006, 02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rxqueen

Quote from: wharf rat on Mar 30, 2006, 12:24 AM

German people love the poopin.

You love talking nonsence.

I just finished Emma by Jane Austen and now I'm reading Sophie's world by Joostein Garder. This book is brilliant. It describes the history of philosophy...
And I'm looking forward to read some more by Hermann Hesse, my fav author.. <3 You really should read his stuff, it's such an enrichment for my life..

BigDave

i read the short story of shawshank redemption by stephen king the other day to have a break from reading nausea by sratre.  it was pretty good.  nausea is pretty heavy going but the book has really started to pick up now so it's a bit easier to read.

tarkil

I'm reading a Terry Pratchett book : Guards ! Guards !
It's from the Discworld's series if you know it.

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

fireflyry

Quote from: tarkil on Apr 11, 2006, 01:19 AM
I'm reading a Terry Pratchett book : Guards ! Guards !
It's from the Discworld's series if you know it.

Discworld is gold.

I'm reading "Citizen Soldiers" by Stephen E. Amrose.Amazing book on World War 2.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

DeftonesATF27

Some I really like.

Women
Heavier Then Heaven
Tonto and Lone Ranger FistFight In Heaven
Ten Little Indians
Reservation Blues
The Toughest Indian In The World
Indian Killer
Riders On The Storm
No One Here Gets Out Alive
Psycho Cybernetics
By The Light Of The Moon - Dean Koonts
One Door Away From Heaven - Dean Koonts
The Dark Rivers Of The Heart
A Patch Of Blue
Moby Dick
Smokey
Mayan Prophecies
Hendrix Setting The Record Straight
The Jordan Rules
Beyond Good And Evil
Human All To Human
On the road
The Exorcist

indychino

I thought you hated reading!!!!

I've just finished trainspotting (can't beleive I never read the book before)

Also, for a spot of wonan-bashing, excess-alchol related voilence, the old childrens favourite:
Once were warriors - Alan Duff

Anyone overseas: read this to see how fucked up the situition really is!!!
And Im getting lined up to re-read the amazing Dark Tower Series!!!!!

vida_mae

last book/ mag just read: playboy april 2006...girls of the 10 party schools! haha yup bot it at the gas station..

BigDave

Quote from: indychino on Apr 12, 2006, 02:53 AM

its a superb book, you should read the rest of irvine welsh's books, they're all gold.

Chrisbo

Quote from: BigDave on Apr 12, 2006, 04:53 PM
Quote from: indychino on Apr 12, 2006, 02:53 AM

its a superb book, you should read the rest of irvine welsh's books, they're all gold.

Yeah I agree!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

HeyVanity

Quote from: BigDave on Apr 10, 2006, 09:12 PM
i read the short story of shawshank redemption by stephen king the other day to have a break from reading nausea by sratre.  it was pretty good.  nausea is pretty heavy going but the book has really started to pick up now so it's a bit easier to read.

yeah nausea is a little hard to get into, hah, i read it over the summer. i enjoyed it overall but i had to put it down a lot at first. luckily i had a lot of free time at work and nothing better to do, haha.

Jizzlobber

has any one read pride and prejudice. would a guy find that book remotley interesting or completly boring? i've always liked the vocabulary in those period piece novels.
<

rxqueen

Isn't it also from Jane Austen? I've just read Emma and after a while it's quite cool..

HeyVanity

Quote from: Jizzlobber on Apr 13, 2006, 12:44 PM
has any one read pride and prejudice. would a guy find that book remotley interesting or completly boring? i've always liked the vocabulary in those period piece novels.

i think it just depends on the guy. i think it's a great book but i know a lot of my guy friends would put it down after 5 minutes tops. if you like to read and you like the vocabulary i'd say give it a shot - the story is pretty girly but eh, I liked it?

vida_mae

i hate jane austin, i read emma once and i just cant get into her writing style.

Jerry_Curls

I'm about to finish 1984...love it so far.

Anyone recommend House Of Leaves?
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

HeyVanity

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Apr 14, 2006, 12:27 AM

1984 is a great book. As for House of Leaves: Yes, I do recommend it. It's insane, very all over the place and it took me a while to finish it. But it's a fun read.

deftonekid

Quote from: vida_mae on Apr 12, 2006, 03:45 AM
last book/ mag just read: playboy april 2006...girls of the 10 party schools! haha yup bot it at the gas station..

cool! i just finished the maxim april 06, with evangelline lilly on the cover ;D

BigDave

Quote from: HeyVanity on Apr 13, 2006, 07:13 AM
Quote from: BigDave on Apr 10, 2006, 09:12 PM

yeah nausea is a little hard to get into, hah, i read it over the summer. i enjoyed it overall but i had to put it down a lot at first. luckily i had a lot of free time at work and nothing better to do, haha.

yea i finished it yesterday, it was definately worth it.  i have the outsider by camus to read after i've finished different seasons.

vida_mae

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Apr 14, 2006, 12:27 AM

i have this book at my house on my book case.. it was my ex's i never read it yet.. maybe i should.. he really liked it .. i guess its about like a ghost story?? and poetry? its really cool though.

vida_mae

Quote from: deftonekid on Apr 14, 2006, 07:49 AM
Quote from: vida_mae on Apr 12, 2006, 03:45 AM

cool! i just finished the maxim april 06, with evangelline lilly on the cover ;D

no way, i just saw the maxim cover, in my friends bathroom.. its not her!