Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The books thread

tarkil · 758 · 185122

Offline lostpilot

• Organ Donator
  • KOMA
i have no fucking clue why this Twilight shit is so fucking huge. i'd never even heard of it before the movie started to get mentioned. sparkling, vegetarian vampires? fuck that shit.

same here.

Offline devlin

• Pompeji
just ordered The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead.

can't wait to read it!

it was ok. a couple of funny parts. but the dude took that shit SERIOUS. it really is like reading a manual. more boring than anything. hope you enjoy more than i did.

I guess you really have to be into zombies because I thought it was brilliant.  The funny part was how serious it was meant to be.  I've seen Max Brooks speak at conventions and he was fucking hilarious.  He took questions from the audience and acted as if he was a zombie survival expert.  I'm a diehard anything zombie fan so maybe that's why I enjoy it.  I swear I'll grab that book before anything if a real outbreak occurs lol.

i'm a huge zombie fan as well. i get that that was the joke,  like i said it wasn't bad just kinda boring. altough impressive how much thought he put into every possible situation one might be in if a zombie out break where to happen.

i have World war Z but i haven't picked it up yet. its in the middle of a huge stack of books i have to read.
i have no fucking clue why this Twilight shit is so fucking huge. i'd never even heard of it before the movie started to get mentioned. sparkling, vegetarian vampires? fuck that shit.

vegetarian vampires? i don't get it...they drink blood not eat meat. what do these drink V8 or something.

thats not as bad as the vegatarian zombie in the day of the dead remake tough.

Offline theis

• I Ban People
  • Global Moderator
  • Organ Donator
thats not as bad as the vegatarian zombie in the day of the dead remake tough.

wow seriously? i knew there was a good reason for refusing to watch it.

Offline devlin

• Pompeji
yeah it wasn't all that good. my biggest problem was the way the zombies moved. i don't mind the fast running zombies, but these were way to fast and pretty much had super powers, running along walls and jumping crazy high, shit like that.

Offline bright lights, big city

• Organ Donator
  • Tits Up, S Corp.
    • Facebook Me!
yeah thank god i didn't see that either then. but wasn't it from the people who did the Dawn of the Dead remake? I enjoyed that one
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Offline devlin

• Pompeji
i'm not sure if it was done by the same people. but i agree dawn of the dead remake is fucking great, one of my favorite zombie movies.

• Organ Donator
  • Tits Up, S Corp.
    • Facebook Me!
here's a synopsis i found of the sequels to Twilight:

In the second book, Edward the sparkling vampire leaves Bella for her own good, and she spends most of the book trying to kill herself with motorcycles and cliff-diving. Sort of. And then her best friend falls in love with her and turns out to be a werewolf, but Bella runs away to save Edward from committing suicide by public sparkling in Italy. In the third book, Jacob the best friend/boyfriend wannabe/werewolf turns into a total asshole trying to force himself on Bella, and a vampire with a grudge from the first book is trying to kill her, but more importantly, Bella and Edward argue about whether they should have sex, get married, and/or vampirize Bella, and in that order.  Hand to God, I did not make one word of that up. Twilight means never having to say you’re kidding.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Offline theis

• I Ban People
  • Global Moderator
  • Organ Donator

Offline downtownpony

• Ohms
  • severed

In the second book, Edward the sparkling vampire leaves Bella for her own good, and she spends most of the book trying to kill herself with motorcycles and cliff-diving. Sort of. And then her best friend falls in love with her and turns out to be a werewolf, but Bella runs away to save Edward from committing suicide by public sparkling in Italy. In the third book, Jacob the best friend/boyfriend wannabe/werewolf turns into a total asshole trying to force himself on Bella, and a vampire with a grudge from the first book is trying to kill her, but more importantly, Bella and Edward argue about whether they should have sex, get married, and/or vampirize Bella, and in that order.  Hand to God, I did not make one word of that up. Twilight means never having to say you’re kidding.

Man that is horrible. A friend recommended the book to me, I thought it might be alright, because Iv recommended books like, The Rising, City of The Dead, and I am Legend, to him and he's read them and enjoyed them, so I figured he had good taste, but shit. That synopsis makes me question our friendship.

Offline White Pwny

• Global Moderator
  • Organ Donator
  • One Goal
    • Cynister Imaging

same here.

They are NOT vegetarian vampires, they just make joke of it in the movie.  They don't feed off humans, instead they feed off animals.    The fanbase is huge, because the books  are great!     
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Offline White Pwny

• Global Moderator
  • Organ Donator
  • One Goal
    • Cynister Imaging

Jesus, what a downer.   It just isn't all that simple, you know.  There are 4 novels!   There is tons of filler.. and if you had read even just Twilight.. you would know that the "best friend"  who is Jacob has always had a thing for her, not just suddenly falls for her.   It's a dreamy story of love... and vampires... but I would say that the majority of the idea is LOVE.  It may be a girlie book, and a girlie movie... which is maybe why I love it.     It isn't a kill all book....  nor is it a fighting book... or struggle to stay alive book.   It's a completely ficticious vampire love story.  If it don't sound good to you... it's simple enough... DON'T read it. 

Josh (goldpony) even read Twilight, and thought it was ok, which is suprising.. I thought all the guys would hate it.

Hubby went and saw the movie with me, and he didn't care for it....   But myself... my kids... and every chick in that movie theatre loved it.

• Organ Donator
  • Tits Up, S Corp.
    • Facebook Me!
Hubby went and saw the movie with me, and he didn't care for it....   But myself... my kids... and every chick in that movie theatre loved it.
that is basically the point of the books isn't it? I just don't get why I hate this more than the normal fad or chick flick. Because I can take the NORMAL movie like The Notebook or that Nicholas Sparks crap....this whole series, though, just seems dumb to me...
DERP

Offline White Pwny

• Global Moderator
  • Organ Donator
  • One Goal
    • Cynister Imaging
haha.  Maybe just because the media is all over it.  But I loved it.  IM going to start reading New Moon tomorrow.

Offline i kill for fun

• Genesis
Im in a high level English class in which all are English majors, the majority which are girls. The profesor acutally brought the books up in class the other day and pretty much every girl said even though they wanted to like the books, they were tastless and horrible.
"playful deception is the lowest form of Tom-foolery"
"i don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die"

• Organ Donator
  • Tits Up, S Corp.
    • Facebook Me!
lol have fun with that! you're probably right, people are going just absolutely insane over this movie.
DERP

Offline White Pwny

• Global Moderator
  • Organ Donator
  • One Goal
    • Cynister Imaging
I started getting into this series when Stephenie Meyer did a book deal for Breaking Dawn.. which is the last book in the series.  Justin Furstenfeld was going to perform.. as she loves Blue October.   The crowd was going crazy and this was before the movie was even done.   Ppl were going nuts over "Edward" and "Jacob" and "Bella".    Hell even my mother in law was over a few months ago and said she has all the books, and had read them as they were released.  Stephenie has quite a following from this series, before the movie was even thought of.

Offline goldpony

• Leader of it All
  • next time come strapped with a fuckin pamper
yeah, i read the book. it wasn't bad, but it did kind of ramble on and was a bit "girly" for my tastes. It definitely could have standed to lose about 100-200 pages. I really dont understand the fascination either. like i said the book was okay, but the writing was very simple and the pacing was a drag
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Offline White Pwny

• Global Moderator
  • Organ Donator
  • One Goal
    • Cynister Imaging
yeah, i read the book. it wasn't bad, but it did kind of ramble on and was a bit "girly" for my tastes. It definitely could have standed to lose about 100-200 pages. I really dont understand the fascination either. like i said the book was okay, but the writing was very simple and the pacing was a drag

Yer such a dude!   =o)

Offline goldpony

• Leader of it All
  • next time come strapped with a fuckin pamper

Yer such a dude!   =o)

no no no, I AM the Dude, man
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Offline White Pwny

• Global Moderator
  • Organ Donator
  • One Goal
    • Cynister Imaging
ohhhh yeah!   I forgot.    Sorry, it won't happen again!