Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The books thread

Started by tarkil, Jan 16, 2006, 02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

whodunit?

Recently finished: Caleb Carr "The Alienist" - cool book but the ending is just anti-climax.

Now: Andrzej Sapkowski "Boży Wojownicy" (God's Warriors) - this is the author of THE WITCHER on which the game is based.

I plan to read: LaVey's bible.

theis

whodunit?

whodunit?

Oh, and I'm trying to get some Lovecraft's work but there are only few of them in our library  :( I could just download them from Project Gutenberg but printing 500 pages seems to be a stupid idea.

theis

uhm, you actually look at me as being emo? wow that's a first.

i'm the complete opposite.

tarkil

You still suck anyway... I'm pretty sure reading Anton La Vey's bible would be some interesting and enlightening experience...

theis

wow tarkil, you really know how to hit a nerve. brutal comeback right there.

oldgentlovecraft

Whoa, I need to come here more often or else I miss too much.  The Satanic Bible is pretty good actually, one of my favorites.  LaVey was witty and had a great sense of humor.  Buy into the eccentric, black magic image or don't but he was a good, intelligent writer with an interesting philosophy. 

I'm am a HUGE Lovecraft fanatic if you couldn't tell from the obvious.  Have around fifty collections, works, anthologies, etc.  The archives are a good place to start if you want to look into him.  http://www.hplovecraft.com/

This site,  http://www.dagonbytes.com/thelibrary/lovecraft/  ,  has his short stories all online.  You should try to find his poetry as well but that is a little more difficult. 

goldpony

reading Up In Honey's Room by Elmore Leonard...very strange characters, even for him. i love it
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

i kill for fun

all Lavey ever preached was basically do what ever the hell you want all the time and don't give a shit about doing it....why do you need to be a part of a religion to do that?
"playful deception is the lowest form of Tom-foolery"
"i don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die"

tarkil

Big fan of Lovecraft here too... That guy was crazy...

fire-fly

The Red Dahlia by Lynda la Plante.

whodunit?

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on May 07, 2008, 07:42 PM
Whoa, I need to come here more often or else I miss too much.  The Satanic Bible is pretty good actually, one of my favorites.  LaVey was witty and had a great sense of humor.  Buy into the eccentric, black magic image or don't but he was a good, intelligent writer with an interesting philosophy. 

I'm am a HUGE Lovecraft fanatic if you couldn't tell from the obvious.  Have around fifty collections, works, anthologies, etc.  The archives are a good place to start if you want to look into him.  http://www.hplovecraft.com/

This site,  http://www.dagonbytes.com/thelibrary/lovecraft/  ,  has his short stories all online.  You should try to find his poetry as well but that is a little more difficult. 

thanks!!!

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: i kill for fun on May 08, 2008, 01:51 AM
all Lavey ever preached was basically do what ever the hell you want all the time and don't give a shit about doing it....why do you need to be a part of a religion to do that?

It was actually more along the lines of reaching your full potential and deciding your own fate.  It isn't really as much of a religion as it is a philosophy.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: tarkil on May 08, 2008, 06:21 AM
Big fan of Lovecraft here too... That guy was crazy...

What's your favorite story?

tarkil

iI can't eally remember mab, I read all of taht years and years ago, all the books uof thw guys I could find, so I wouldn't  really be able to give youa story name,  I'm sorry.... But I do remember lots of fifferent stories that the guy talked about...... Everything crazy...

goldpony

Quote from: tarkil on May 08, 2008, 10:08 PM
iI can't eally remember mab, I read all of taht years and years ago, all the books uof thw guys I could find, so I wouldn't  really be able to give youa story name,  I'm sorry.... But I do remember lots of fifferent stories that the guy talked about...... Everything crazy...

were you drunk when you wrote that ahahahhaahaahaha
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

theshadeisatool

William S. Burroughs - The Naked Lunch is fucking crazy, radical. Parts I don't get, but it flows well and is poetic.

Fireal1222

c'mon i know you guys read goosebumps when you were kids

what were some of your favorites

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.