Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Official Football Thread (Soccer)

Started by minus_blindfold, Jan 27, 2006, 06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penicks

usa belgium was the best match so far

black coffee

My picks for the rest of the tournament, winners in bold.

Quarterfinals:

Brazil - Colombia
To me Colombia is the real dark horse of the tournament, playing well and Brazilian players cry too much.

France - Germany
Germany likes it if their opponent doesn't defend with all their players, which France won't.

Netherlands - Costa Rica
Costa Ricans already exceeded everyones expectations, this will be as far as they could get.

Argentina - Belgium
Very even quarterfinal tie, but Argentina hasn't been that convincing so far and I would love to see a Netherlands-Belgium game

Semifinals:

Colombia - Germany
just don't see it for Germany.

Netherlands - Belgium
Duel of neighbours, but I think experience will prevail in this one.

Finals

Colombia - Netherlands

about time for the Dutchies to win

black coffee

Ok I was right about the first Quarterfinal, but wrong about the second and that one completely messed with my predictions as I thought Colombia would make the Finals.

Now I think Germany is gonna get there, given that Thiago Silva and Neymar will be missing the game for Brazil. Everything else remains the same from my perspective. A Germany-Netherlands Final would be nice, right?

Penicks

that ref during the colombia brazil match should be fired on the fucking spot, what a train wreck of a match

CraftyVeteran

I think Germany are getting their fourth cup this time but we'll see

sad fate for Belgium though, they were better than Argentina, they had what it takes to make it to the final game for sure

lftpp

Crazylegs

What the actual fuck just happened?

RoyalDeftonicBoy

There is no words to describe that :O Simply fucking scary.
Germany exposed completely the bad game Brazil had this whole World Cup.
Watching this Germany team play reminded me the monster of the song Goodbye Blue Sky by Pink Floyd
Nothing else to add.

CraftyVeteran

black coffee

the amount of gif's and memes that were sent to me between earlier this morning and now is absurdly high.

This one is cute:

edit:

the video of it is the real deal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZNQOwBg9Vo

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Nothing but proud of Argentina :D Our haters must not like but I dont give a fuck, Argentina in the final.
1 more match man, just 1 more

Diplo

Brazil should have loose a long time ago, Argentina have not play at his best for me, win with the shootouts... it's lame.

I hope the final will show the best of the two teams because a final is not played, it should be earned.

Penicks

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Jul 10, 2014, 02:19 AM
Nothing but proud of Argentina :D Our haters must not like but I dont give a fuck, Argentina in the final.
1 more match man, just 1 more

your team is probably the most boring and uninspired one in the entire world cup

0 drama, 0 suspense

germany will destroy you

black coffee

Both Argentina and the Netherlands played so defensively, it didn't seem like either one was trying to win. All they did was rely on their strong defenses, and hope for individual masterclass by Messi, Higuain, Robben or van Persie to score.
Rather boring Semifinals from the spectators view, but its also understandable given how much was at stake.

About the Final, I'd say Germany plays better as a team than Argentina and thats why they're going to win.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Oh well Argentina lost and thats it.
The ref for sure took his cut of the reward for not giving a clear penalty. I know, I know for sure "Excuses"
Thats it.

black coffee

^ not sure if trolling or serious, one thing is for sure though

Crazylegs

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Jul 14, 2014, 02:57 AM
Oh well Argentina lost and thats it.
The ref for sure took his cut of the reward for not giving a clear penalty. I know, I know for sure "Excuses"
Thats it.

Do you mean the Neuer and Higuan situation? It looked pretty violent, and Neuer shouldn't have raised his knee i think. I bet you his explanation is that he's protecting himself, and it is a typical thing for goalies to do.
But let's not forget the shoulder to the head of Kramer, surely that's a penalty too then?

All in all i think Germany deserved the win. They didn't blow any of us away in the final, but they were the best team through the tournament.

black coffee

Wel this was the Final of the most important tournament in the world, and it was to be expected that Argentina would play defensively and go for counterattacks. So this was really no game to go for a spectacle like the game against Brazil, but to stay focused and prevent penalty shootout at all costs.

Argentina was a strong opponent and they had their chances as well. Still, 4th star for Germany!!!

Northcal

El clasico Real Madrid vs Barcelona  today,Fuck yess!

wheresmysnare

it didn't dissapoint, although reals last goal really killed barca dead. man united chelsea was pretty tense too, injury time equaliser ftw