Picture Thread

Started by alvarezbassist17, Jan 28, 2006, 04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juicy Fruit

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Oct 13, 2007, 12:07 AM
Quote from: Juicy Fruit on Oct 12, 2007, 11:22 PM
Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Oct 12, 2007, 10:43 PM
Quote from: Variable on Oct 12, 2007, 08:08 PM
ha yeah im pretty pumped that I didn't get blowed up myself.  Armor is a beautiful thing.  Im good though, nice to have the basic luxuries of life again.  And the jaunt is going well.  Im picking up the language and making friends amongst the ANA.  learning a lot about Islam and afghanistan and believe it or not the US.  its pretty cool.  I feel like im getting a pretty unique experience.

you're learning arabic or a dialect of it or what?  that'd be a trip to learn that kind of language, without any latin or germanic influence. 

Well if he's in Afghanistan he'll be learning Pashto, not Arabic. Afghans aren't Arabs.

And FYI I speak a fair amount of Arabic, and I agree it's awesome.

yeah, i'm fluent in spanish, and the easiest way for me to learn it well was to learn to make connections between that and english, which is easy because they're relatively similar, in that they use the same written characters and stem from the same place and whatnot.  arabic, poshto or japanese for that matter, they would all be soo weird to me.  can you read it too?

Yeah I taught myself how to read it actually, I'm quite proud of that hehe. I'm thinking of learning Spanish this year aswell.

Quote from: Sig. Costelluccio on Oct 13, 2007, 12:33 AM
zara is my dream girl and i can't have her.

That's precisely why I'm your dream girl, because you can't have me. The guy I'm kinda with at the moment, I was his dream girl aswell until I gave him the time of day and now he doesn't care that much.
Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 04, 2007, 07:42 AM
i wanna give juicy fruit a cat bath

if u dont get it, think about how cats bath

alvarezbassist17

spanish is the shit.  it's way more fun to speak than english.  maybe it's because i speak english all of the time, but i love conversing with mexicans , using their slang and shit.  they're the funniest people ever.

that's pretty ridiculous that you taught yourself, i wouldn't know where to start without the roman alphabet.

Juicy Fruit

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Oct 13, 2007, 01:22 AM
spanish is the shit.  it's way more fun to speak than english.  maybe it's because i speak english all of the time, but i love conversing with mexicans , using their slang and shit.  they're the funniest people ever.

that's pretty ridiculous that you taught yourself, i wouldn't know where to start without the roman alphabet.

Well it takes practice but it's quite simple once you've memorised the Arabic alphabet. The way I learnt it was by getting my friend to write out the entire alphabet in Arabic (I'm not sure if you've seen much Arabic but each letter has different forms depending on whether the letter is at the beginning, middle or end of the word so that's something extra you need to memorise), with the sound of each letter written in English, and then just read every piece of Arabic text I could find until it started to make sense.

Spanish is also good because it's widely spoken which makes it more useful.

Sig. Costelluccio

Quote from: Juicy Fruit on Oct 13, 2007, 01:04 AM
ha yeah im pretty pumped that I didn't get blowed up myself.  Armor is a beautiful thing.  Im good though, nice to have the basic luxuries of life again.  And the jaunt is going well.  Im picking up the language and making friends amongst the ANA.  learning a lot about Islam and afghanistan and believe it or not the US.  its pretty cool.  I feel like im getting a pretty unique experience.

you're learning arabic or a dialect of it or what?  that'd be a trip to learn that kind of language, without any latin or germanic influence. 

Well if he's in Afghanistan he'll be learning Pashto, not Arabic. Afghans aren't Arabs.

yeah, i'm fluent in spanish, and the easiest way for me to learn it well was to learn to make connections between that and english, which is easy because they're relatively similar, in that they use the same written characters and stem from the same place and whatnot.  arabic, poshto or japanese for that matter, they would all be soo weird to me.  can you read it too?

Yeah I taught myself how to read it actually, I'm quite proud of that hehe. I'm thinking of learning Spanish this year aswell.

That's precisely why I'm your dream girl, because you can't have me. The guy I'm kinda with at the moment, I was his dream girl aswell until I gave him the time of day and now he doesn't care that much.

I love that. He probably thinks you're boring and thats okay, that along with your eyes is why you're my dream girl. dream dream dream.

Juicy Fruit

Quote from: Sig. Costelluccio on Oct 13, 2007, 02:27 AM

I love that. He probably thinks you're boring and thats okay, that along with your eyes is why you're my dream girl. dream dream dream.

Haha wtf? I'm not boring! He's boring actually!

Sig. Costelluccio

Quote from: Juicy Fruit on Oct 13, 2007, 02:28 AM

I know you're not but at times you can be plain and I like that. So can I. Maybe he feels that way about you but is just happy about your flowers.

Juicy Fruit

Quote from: Sig. Costelluccio on Oct 13, 2007, 02:33 AM

I know you're not but at times you can be plain and I like that. So can I. Maybe he feels that way about you but is just happy about your flowers.

What the? I can be plain? I don't understand that. You don't know what I'm like to be honest...

Jacob

boring girls are great. I hate it when they always want to do something fun. I just wanna sit around, drink, smoke, eat and sleep.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Sig. Costelluccio

Quote from: Juicy Fruit on Oct 13, 2007, 02:34 AM
Quote from: Sig. Costelluccio on Oct 13, 2007, 02:33 AM

What the? I can be plain? I don't understand that. You don't know what I'm like to be honest...

Of course not, just all that I gather from this place, generally, genuinely...Plain isn't a bad thing.

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: Juicy Fruit on Oct 13, 2007, 02:24 AM

Well it takes practice but it's quite simple once you've memorised the Arabic alphabet. The way I learnt it was by getting my friend to write out the entire alphabet in Arabic (I'm not sure if you've seen much Arabic but each letter has different forms depending on whether the letter is at the beginning, middle or end of the word so that's something extra you need to memorise), with the sound of each letter written in English, and then just read every piece of Arabic text I could find until it started to make sense.

i want to learn how to say dame cerveza and dame cabeza and que pasa perro in arabic

Juicy Fruit

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Oct 13, 2007, 02:49 AM
Quote from: Juicy Fruit on Oct 13, 2007, 02:24 AM

i want to learn how to say dame cerveza and dame cabeza and que pasa perro in arabic

You want me to write them in Arabic script for you?

Variable

Well if he's in Afghanistan he'll be learning Pashto, not Arabic. Afghans aren't Arabs

well actually miss zara I am learning Dari and not Pashtu.  There are many languages spoken in afghanistan just depending on the region you are in because of all the ethnicitys out here.  Pashtuns happen to be the largest ethnicity so most people think that the official language of Afghanistan is Pashtu.  But Dari has always been the language of business and politics here in afghanistan so it was made the official language of the ANA.  They had to make one official language because the ANA is the first interracial military afghanistan has ever had.  Lucky for me Dari is way more of a simple language than Pashtu.  But you also have to remember that the taliban is about 99% Pashtuns.  So the government probably wanted to move away from that culture even though president Karzi is himself a pashtun.  But as far as I know they write if Farsi.  Which is kind of wild that they speak in one language and write in another.  But they all speak like 10 dam languages anyways so its cool.

its kind of funny that you are talking about Spanish and Japanese and shit.  everyone on my team lives in japan so of course we all tried learning Japanese.  And then being from the US of course you know a bit of Spanish.  Especially those of us from the Southwest.  So every now and then just out of habbit we will accidentally say something in Spanish or Japanese when we are talking with the Afgans.  They look at us like were idiots but its pretty funny.  But I havnt even tried to learn to read or write any of these languages.  Im way too stupid for that.

Fireal1222

how come juicy fruit doesnt post her pictures anymore. shes so innocent and pretty looking

and where did hey vanity go. that girl was FIIIINE

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Variable

she just posted a pic

Fireal1222

im gonna star in an anti drug commercial.. i swear i always look like some dumb stoner. i hate it

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Fireal1222

yes i know its the infamous picture of me. but i dont have a camera. or any recent pictures of myself. but just to remind you of my gorgeousness. heres a picture of my with the top of my head cut off from the camera.. i gotta get new pictures and some with my pipes for alvarezbassist (corey)

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Variable

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Oct 13, 2007, 06:41 AM
im gonna star in an anti drug commercial.. i swear i always look like some dumb stoner. i hate it
maybe if you smoked less pot?

alvarezbassist17

i'm glad i don't look like a stoner

before the CEO/executive hos party

Variable

lol wtf.  Thats a pretty funny fucking picture man.  Kind of look like you just saw a strippers yeast infection or something.

Fireal1222

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Oct 13, 2007, 07:32 AM
i'm glad i don't look like a stoner

before the CEO/executive hos party

the best part. is thats your boyfriends hands pulling your shirt down.

want proof guys?

look at that can. its diet pepsi. hes watching his weight...  if you were a dinosaur man. you would be a megasorus (mega soar ass). go back to billy boy your sex toy. and stop trying to show up my gloriousness

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.