Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Picture Thread

Started by alvarezbassist17, Jan 28, 2006, 04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldpony

i was going to make a joke about you being a giant douchebag, but i didn't.  just thought you would want to know.
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

lostpilot

Quote from: goldpony on Dec 22, 2008, 08:58 PM
i was going to make a joke about you being a giant douchebag, but i didn't.  just thought you would want to know.

me? okay ;)

goldpony

"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

shine down unshy

dictatesofreason

TheWatcher

TheWatcher

she such a fox in this picture.

*gotta love those eyes

goldpony

"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

dictatesofreason

devlin

the famous Hubble Ultra Deep Field image, the most massive photo ever taken. approximately 10,000 galaxies. Each of those galaxies contains anywhere from ten million to one trillion stars.
The average star is roughly a million times the size of Earth. And yet, with all that, the Universe is more than 90 percent empty space. All of that, in this tiny photo. A photo that took 400 orbits and 800 exposures to take. And the kicker? The photo covers one thirteen-millionth of the entire night sky

shine down unshy

Jesus..really makes you think about how small we are.

devlin

the article i was reading went on to say:

Since we can only observe stellar bodies that have had some effect on us (usually bombarding us with light), there is an outer limit to what we can see of the universe. Hence, the "observable universe." What about the rest? The parts of the universe beyond our Starcraft-style fog of war? Well, according to some math we have no interest in going into, the size of the "actual" universe is so large that if the universe we just described (the impossibly, mind-bogglingly large one) were the size of a quarter, the actual universe would be the size of the Earth!

tarkil

Wow... This kind of stuff is really fascinating... I love it...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

lithium

penicks posted the whole set in the "2008 YEAR IN PHOTOGRAPHY" thread
💩

goldpony

actually, according to physics the universe is finite since the forces of gravity cause space to bend thus making the universe a giant shpere. and to quote gregg easterbrook, do you ever wonder if some of the "cosmic eruptions" we see (stars blowing up etc) are actually ancient advanced civil fighting a war in space thousands of (even millions) of years ago and we are just now seeing it? also, what if a alien civilization perfected near-light travel and decided to hurl a small pebble in our direction? At those speeds, a small pebble would be more powerful than the enitre worlds nuclear arsenal and thetre would be nothing we could do to stop it.

which begs the question of why we haven't increased our spending for preventing near earth asteroids from hitting us?
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

dictatesofreason

cuz we have ben affleck and brue willis

rainnyx4

Quote from: goldpony on Dec 24, 2008, 06:26 PM
actually, according to physics the universe is finite since the forces of gravity cause space to bend thus making the universe a giant shpere. and to quote gregg easterbrook, do you ever wonder if some of the "cosmic eruptions" we see (stars blowing up etc) are actually ancient advanced civil fighting a war in space thousands of (even millions) of years ago and we are just now seeing it? also, what if a alien civilization perfected near-light travel and decided to hurl a small pebble in our direction? At those speeds, a small pebble would be more powerful than the enitre worlds nuclear arsenal and thetre would be nothing we could do to stop it.

which begs the question of why we haven't increased our spending for preventing near earth asteroids from hitting us?

Physics: learn some

rainnyx4

dictatesofreason

bebo

that was my back in the 80's

Ive kept the majority of my muscles but ive lost my tight firm ass