Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Nine Inch Nails

Started by devilinside, Apr 23, 2006, 03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilinside

Again,I am new here,and I hope I am putting this in the right place.If not please feel free to move or merge if another thread is started about this.

Will anyone else on here be going to any of the NIN ampitheater show's this summer? Wondering if there are any fellow NIN lover's out there???  ;D

lithium royalty

june 4th @ the cynthia mitchells pavillion in the Woodlands

saw them last year 10/19/05 here in houston... but my dumb cousin was arrested, so i missed the greater part of the first half.

great band man!

devilinside

Quote from: lithium royalty on Apr 23, 2006, 03:10 AM
june 4th @ the cynthia mitchells pavillion in the Woodlands

saw them last year 10/19/05 here in houston... but my dumb cousin was arrested, so i missed the greater part of the first half.

great band man!

Yay! I saw them Halloween night last year in Nashville,then so far this year I have seen them in Knoxville,Lexington and Little Rock. This summer I will be heading to Birmingham,Atlanta and Indianapolis. They are one of my favorites. ;)

lithium royalty

devilinside

Quote from: lithium royalty on Apr 23, 2006, 03:20 AM
wow, thats dedication

I would do the same for Deftones if they played closer to Nashville.

*sigh*

:(

skinnypuppy

I'll definitely go to the verizon wireless show in irvine.

Chrisbo

NIN need to get their asses back to Europe haha! Too many US tours, you guys are just getting spoilt!  ;)

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

fireflyry

Quote from: Chrisbo on Apr 23, 2006, 01:37 PM
NIN need to get their asses back to New Zealand haha! Too many US tours, you guys are just getting spoilt!  ;)

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Chrisbo

They havent even played New Zealand on the back of With Teeth yet, have they? OK, NIN should get their asses back to New Zealand first, then head over to Europe  ;)

You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

fireflyry

They only time they have been to NZ is for the Big Day Out, a festival gig, hence it was'nt really the right vibe or stage setup for them.Plus their were a million RHCP fans there as they were up next and they were booing and giving Trent shit which you could tell effected the performance.

I'd love it if they came for a proper gig.

Chrisbo

Man, that's really shit! The amount of times they've done 40+ date tours of US, they could easily have done a stop there!

And yeah, really crap the one time they were there, people gave them shit! Was this back in 99? I think I remember that year, but didnt know NIN well back then.

fireflyry

Yup (I think...all the BDO's have blurred into one drunken, fun mess lol) but it was a two way thing.RHCP are massive here in comparison to NIN and all the fans were pushing their way to the front and chanting for RHCP to come on.As a result Trent went up to a keyboard, played some really loud screechy white noise and then looped it for 10-15 minutes.

Ah....good times....

Chrisbo

Haha, cool!  ;D

And yeah, I can imagine the anticipation for the Chili's and all, seeing as it was the year of Californication and when they started to get real big! Have they played there often, the Chilis?

fireflyry

Heaps...at least 5 or more times that I can recall.Anthony and Flea have land here and surf at quite a few of the local beachs.

Chrisbo

I wonder if Trent surfs? If he doesnt, he should learn, then he could join Anthony and Flea at those beaches. And while he's there, you know, do some NIN shows, just for the sake of it, haha!  :D

fireflyry

NIN + sunshine?You can't be serious....a NIN beach party?

:D

Chrisbo

OK I didnt think that one through did I?... :D

But it will atone for the new Beach Boys-surf rock direction in which Trent hopes to head for on the next album!

devilinside

Quote from: fireflyry on Apr 23, 2006, 03:32 PM
NIN + sunshine?You can't be serious....a NIN beach party?

:D

Yeah,NIN and sun dont mix. Every show I have been to it has been cloudy out, I think the Governor put's on the state fog machine to make it uber gothy!

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

I saw them October 1st 2005 they fucking rocked the stage !  ;D Queens of the stone age was pretty good too. Trent put a great show and played Eraser one of my favorites of all times !!!!! I hope they get back soon to the hollywood bowl !!!!!!
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

Chrisbo

Quote from: Deftones-88-05-Deftones on Apr 25, 2006, 03:18 PM
I saw them October 1st 2005 they fucking rocked the stage !  ;D Queens of the stone age was pretty good too. Trent put a great show and played Eraser one of my favorites of all times !!!!! I hope they get back soon to the hollywood bowl !!!!!!

Damn you! I really wanted them to play Eraser when I went to see them, alas not! You got to see them with QOTSA too, lucky bastard! ;)