Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Down

Started by law, May 25, 2006, 10:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

law

I went to see Down last night as Nottingham Rock City, no support or anything...(it was just a Vulgar vid style thing about Down on a big projector showing classic bands in between)... and I have to say it was of the best gigs I have ever been to. Phil had the crowd under his power more or less the whole gig and his voice was fucking brilliant. Second song in 'Lifer' was dedicated to Dimebag and some guy had made Phil a Dime t shirt which he took and nearly made Phil cry. He looked pretty healthy too, he looked right on the ball and did his usual talk  on Weed then someone threw him a joint up lol (i kept mine tho :P)
I know Phil Anselmo has been a dick and can be a twat but fuck me one of the best front men ever for me, never seen Rock City bounce so much and the band didn't move that much, it was just the sheer energy of the music and Phil tellin everyone what the fuck to do. Can't wait to see them again. They all looked like they were really enjoying it tho, like lots and lots... you could tell by the massive grins on their faces.

I know Ghost has been to see them on this tour but has anyone else or anywhere before? opinions?

by the way, they're playing Donnington :D:D:D

Malpractice

Phil Anselmo is easily one of the best frontmen period

I have seen Pantera, Down, and Superjoint Ritual and all of them were some of the best live performances i have ever seen.

Gaz

I'll see them on Sunday I can't fucking wait!

jsutin

I've never seen Superjoint, but the Down and Pantera experiences we're excellent. I'm hoping the tour the States again. Do they have a website?

Gaz

law

Quote from: Ghost of a Bullet on May 25, 2006, 08:09 PM
I'll see them on Sunday I can't fucking wait!

you'll have a good time man, I wanna see them again...

(well before Download) :P

Chrisbo

Sounds fucking great man! I'm seeing them tomorrow in Glasgow, been looking forward to it for ages! Cool to hear they played 'Lifer' and dedicated it to Dimebag - heh, I mentioned in another thread about Phil having to pay his respects! Been listening to Nola non-stop over the last two weeks! Great album!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Oldnewtype

My friends fucked in Phil's bed.

law

care to enlighten us more?

Oldnewtype

my friend babysits his dogs when hes gone sometimes. He's got a gorgeous house sitting on a beautiful chunk of property

Chrisbo

Down was fucking amazing last night, if I dont say so myself! Seriously Phil Anselmo, is a living legend depite the critics and the fan-bullshit-critique says you know!  had a fucking awesome time last night and Phil knew it (he pointed at me three or four fucking times with eye contact which was ace, wish I had a joint in my mouth at the time but ya know), he fucking loveed it! I was wasted but the gig was tight, Phil was just stumbling about the place, but fucking hell, 'Lifer', 'Temptations Wings' and 'Eyes Of The South' were amazing! The fact they played 'Jail' was fucking special too! The played for close to two and a half hours seriously! And Phil jumped on the guitar at the end and thought some Slayer/Black Sabbath headbanging was in hand haha! He's awesome! Love him! Despite shit he says, he is a great frontman!

Bro lost my digital camera though, so no Deftones or Tool pics............................................

You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

wifeparty

I don't think anyone can dispute his power on stage.
From smashing uptight bouncers to throwing joint at the crowd. Hes done it all.

Gaz

Fuck me what an amazing gig, words can't describe how good it was, Phil is an absolute God on stage!, he was in good spirits and looked like he was having a really good time, as did Rex and thats good to see, I didn't get a shirt but I bought a pretty sweet poster for £2, I recorded some vids on my phone, im uploading them now, i'll edit my post when they're done.

edit - Down - Stone the Crows Live in Manchester
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8ZB4QCRA

Chrisbo

Haha, he's certainly pumped up a wee bit more now too! He was showing off his stomach alot and lifting his red shirt, heh! Wish I had good pics though, he was right in front of me when he was doing all his crowd banter! He certainly loves his weed too, he didnt stop talking to the crowd about it inbetween songs! He also started a pussy chant too haha!

fireflyry

Whankers!!!

I'd kill to see these guys.

Cheers for the reviews though.

:)

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Chrisbo

Oh and Phil pretended to hump Kirk on one song cant remember! And he had his little beanie on and took it off and his hair was pretty funny (bad) so Kirk and Pepper took a minute to style his hair a wee bit, but he promised to grow his hair for the next time! They seriously were just having a good time, and it's real nice to see that seeing as it didnt look like anything more was going to happen with Down a year or two ago!

Gaz

Hopefully they are doing a new album, Phil didn't mention anything last night, but I heard something a while back that they were writing some new material.

Chrisbo

Yeah I think they are! In Metal Hammer, it says that they'll be doing this tour and then heading into the studio! It's gonna be rad!

Gaz

4th Eye

Down's coming to Finland on june 8th. I am not going to see them because I have no money and I gotta work that day to earn money. Hopefully I get to go next day to see Cradle Of Filth, Diablo, Rotten Sound, Callisto etc.

I'd really wanna see Down too though... :(  According to those reviews I guess it'd be a tight show.