Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Down

Started by law, May 25, 2006, 10:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisbo

June 8th, same day as Deftones here! Shame you cant see Down man, it was an excellent show!  :-\

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

theis

i fucking love 'over the under'.

definitely one of the 10 best albums this year.

theshadeisatool

Been listening to N.O.L.A. a lot recently as well.

tarkil

This band is so good, but I really think that Over The Under is ther weakest effort to date....
Couple of nice songs (I like very much "Nothing In Return" for example, "3 suns and 1 star" is pretty good too), but all in all songs are not that great... Don't misunderstand me : it's still a good album, but Nola and "A Bustle in Your Hedgerow" are so awesome that it just cannot match....

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Oldnewtype

CAN'T WAIT FOR THESE MOTHERFUCKERS TO COME BACK TO NOLA NEXT MONTH

13hourstoparadise

I saw Damage Plan in San Jose -- their first gig after dime bag pased away. Not sure how to describe it...

theis

Fuck yeah, Down is coming to Denmark.

I'm stoked about this.

White Wrist

Yeah! Portugal too!

I have my ticket! Finnaly i am gonna see Anselmo on stage!

tarkil

Bitches... I hate you...  :'(

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

ALightOn

saw them in Lafayette, LA last Sunday...fucking Killer Show...Pepper is one bad-ass too...

White Wrist

it has some videos before the show...?

i read that in some portuguese magazine. is it true?

How is Phill on stage?

st3v3n_g

Quote from: ALightOn on Jan 30, 2008, 04:58 AM
saw them in Lafayette, LA last Sunday...fucking Killer Show...Pepper is one bad-ass too...
Wow, that's awesome, I almost went to the Tucson show a couple months back but plans got wrecked, so...
But - There's a bootleg of THAT show you went circulating on DimeADozen, and I'm currently D/Ling it... PM me if you want a copy when I'm done (should be 2-3 days, got a big torrent d/l list going on)

I'll never forget the first time I heard NOLA.  Late summer 2002 I believe it was.  We used to be able to pick up 98KUPD where I live and on weekdays they would play whole albums at like 2, 3:00 in the morning uncut, no commercials.  I remember hearing it and knowing I recognized the voice... Pantera... but the music was like, Pantera chilling way the fuck out, smoking some chron and swigging some whiskey... I listened to it the entire night and when it was over they said 'you just heard (band/album)...' and I knew I had to have it.  Next thing I know I bought it off eBay several weeks later for a little over $5 and still have it... have all their albums.  Down III is good, took me a bit to get into but now I really dig it because the album is about real things all the members had to deal with in life, accept and overcome (Drug addiction, Phil's surgery and physical rehab, Dime's death, Hurricane Katrina, among other things) and I just relate to alot of the songs on that album to recent struggles in my life.  Same thing happened with Saturday Night Wrist too, actually...

We need a lighthouse for the lost and a beacon for the broken

White Wrist

I saw Down last night and...it was fucking awesome.

Only 500 people, i guess...Anselmo noticed that and was not very happy...but then...omg, what a night. Anselmo talks a lot with the crowd, he jumps...he screamssssssss...beautiful!

Kirk is the funniest guy playing the guitar...he is always pointing to us, smiling, making funny stuff.

Everything was perfect. The video from the band was nice, and it was better than a shitty band opening for them. I had 3 cool spots during the show, and i saw the whole band in the best angles. Phill is a stage monster, even bigger than i was expecting. He loved the crowd and the portuguese flag was the whole time in his "hands".

the setlist was amazing, they didnĀ“t played temp. wings, but they played...Nothing in return...one of the highest momments of the night.

It was the last stop from the tour, and they were really happy, everybody was on stage, they changed places with the people that support them, we sang Happy birthday to one of them..., they were tired but happy...Anselmo kissed almost everybody on stage, they were in a good mood. Really cool.

The last spot i was, Rex and Kirk made me cheers with their Portuguese beer - Sagres... and rex gave me a present..

Underneath Everything
The Path
Pillars of Eternity
Lysergic Funeral Procession
Lifer
On March the Saints
Hail the Leaf
Three Suns and one Star
Ghosts along the Mississippi
Learn from this Mistake
NOD
Beneath the Tides
In the Thrall of it all
Losing all
Eyes of the South
Doobinterlude
New Orleans is a dying Whore
Stone the Crow
Jail
Bury me in Smoke
NOTHING IN RETURN (full song)

Some photos form down off board:

http://www.downboard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=26771&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15

I had a good time! 8)

theis

Aweeeeesome.

Man, I fucking love Down.

White Wrist

did you saw them live, in this tour?

theis

Fucking no, man :(

I FUCKING MISSED THEM! Ah, I'm kicking myself right now.

White Wrist

here you have some videos.

jail - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY9ZozfrriY

learn from this mistake - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9sfqY3rn3I (BEAUTIFUL!)

Oldnewtype

SO I JUST

SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKE

LET ME DREAAAM

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONEED

White Wrist

aatfwpdsnw8610711

saw down in portland OR.  Hated the opening but concert was awesome.  Phil was good, voice sounded perfect.  Drums and guitar were all good....they have good chemistry.