The new Joker

Started by defskull, Jul 20, 2006, 11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defskull

But you have to admit that the penguin army was pretty cool

fireflyry

WTF?

I thought Jean was a shoe in for this.

Seriously though I think Hugo Weaving would nail that role if he could lose the Mr Smith voice.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Mazzy

Quote from: iceache on Jul 26, 2006, 12:48 AM
Heath Ledger sucks as an actor, so boo

i didn't like him much either but after Two Hands and Brokeback i gave him my attention. he's got something. i don't know what to call it but he definitly does not suck.

PLUS DON'T DOUBT AN AUSSIE. THEY WILL SURPRISE YOU ALWAYS.

Jizzlobber

i really hate Heath Ledger, he totally sucks!
<

blue_silver

Quote from: lithium royalty on Aug 02, 2006, 06:59 AM
Quote from: Malpractice on Jul 23, 2006, 07:36 AM
Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Jul 21, 2006, 09:51 PM
Why? Jack Nicholson played Jack playing the Joker.

I liked it, but it just wasn't the Joker.

thank god someone else finally said it

i personally wanted lachy hulme to get the role but i trust nolan's decision

i agree, he played burton's joker.

nicholson played a funny psychotic lunatic.

and also, burton butchered the penguin, the penguin was never half penguin
he didnt live in the sewer, he didnt bleed green ooze, and he didnt have an army of penguins with lazers attached to they heads neither...

too me the great thing about the Burton movies was the bad guys (the Joker and the Penguin) were actually creepy and intriguing at the same time... I liked the new Batman Returns but I doubt the next one will be that good, I have a feeling they are gonna fuck it up just like they do with most sequels in Hollywood...
who pays any attention
to the syntax of things
will never wholly kiss you...

ee cummings

Inkblades

Quote from: Inkblades on Jul 20, 2006, 11:57 PM
I can't picture him as the Joker...sorry, doesn't work for me.

I haven't even seen the movie, but I will gladly admit that I was 100% WRONG here.

Variable

why?  All we have seen is pictures and a couple short clips.  He could totally suck ass and we dont even know it.  So he does a good job slouching over and making evil looks towards the camera.  That doesn't mean this is going to be the best roll ever.  Granted he could be amazing too.  I just dont see why the verdict is already out on how awesome he is.  Everyone is just kissing his ass because he is dead.

theis

there have been about 28 professional reviews of the movie so far and all of them have praised heath's performance. they're talking oscars here.

so yes, i'm definitely expecting a performance nothing short of amazing.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Inkblades on Jul 08, 2008, 05:19 AM
Quote from: Inkblades on Jul 20, 2006, 11:57 PM
I can't picture him as the Joker...sorry, doesn't work for me.

I haven't even seen the movie, but I will gladly admit that I was 100% WRONG here.
nice work admitting that dude
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devilinside

Quote from: Variable on Jul 08, 2008, 01:52 PM
why?  All we have seen is pictures and a couple short clips.  He could totally suck ass and we dont even know it.  So he does a good job slouching over and making evil looks towards the camera.  That doesn't mean this is going to be the best roll ever.  Granted he could be amazing too.  I just dont see why the verdict is already out on how awesome he is.  Everyone is just kissing his ass because he is dead.

Exactly

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jul 08, 2008, 01:55 PM
there have been about 28 professional reviews of the movie so far and all of them have praised heath's performance. they're talking oscars here.

so yes, i'm definitely expecting a performance nothing short of amazing.

big fucking whop! I never share the same views as the critics. And I think it's funny that 28 PROFESSIONAL reviews set the standard for a movie and everyone has to buy it. LOL...what do you have to do to be a critic? Kiss Jewish ass?

theis

38 reviews and still counting. not a single bad word yet.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jul 08, 2008, 05:02 PM

yeah you cant go wrong with that.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Jacob

I'm sure he's great, because he was a great actor, but seriously... do you think any professional movie critic would have the guts to talk down on him after what happened?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

rainnyx4

Quote from: aenemic on Jul 08, 2008, 08:27 PM

I'm sure he's great, because he was a great actor, but seriously... do you think any professional movie critic would have the guts to talk down on him after what happened?

If I remember correctly, people were talking about how awesome his performance was before he died.  I was very skeptical about him too for a while.  I was never a fan of Ledger, but everything I've seen from the previews has definitely made me a believer.

Variable

exactly. 
Plus from what I remember Indiana Jones got amazing reviews across the board, and that sucked ass.

shine down unshy

ew...@ jewish people

rainnyx4

Quote from: Variable on Jul 08, 2008, 09:09 PM

exactly. 
Plus from what I remember Indiana Jones got amazing reviews across the board, and that sucked ass.

Not really.  It got a 77% on rottentomatoes and a 65 on metacritic.

Right now, Dark Knight has a 100% on rottentomatoes.  I know it hasn't come out yet, but compare the reviews that the two movies are getting.  You don't find words like "masterpiece" in the reviews for Indiana Jones.

The new Jones movie sucked bad and it completely raped the franchise.  I knew that's how it was going to turn out before I saw it.  I was skeptical at first of Ledger, but everything I have seen and heard has really gotten me excited for this film.

shine down unshy

This movie is gonna kick the fucking living shit out of your ass.  I guarantee it.  If it doesn't, I will gladly send you $100.00 in the mail, along with a set of limited edition collector's DEFTONES "AA" BATTERIES.

bright lights, big city

and seriously, who honestly thought that new indiana jones movie was going to be at all above average
DERP

shine down unshy

It was good.  But the stupid masses are easily amused.  I for one liked it.  I watched it all the way through, entranced by the story.