Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The new Joker

Started by defskull, Jul 20, 2006, 11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defskull

So sources say that Heath Ledger will be the new Joker.

I find this very interesting.  I think he is a very good actor but the way he speaks in all of his movies just doesn't seem to fit with The Joker.

What is everyone else's thought on this?

Teddy.

I'm not a fan of his but if it's true then i'll wait to see how he does in it before saying anything negative.

Inkblades

I can't picture him as the Joker...sorry, doesn't work for me.

iceache

they could have done 1000000 times better than heath ledger

defskull

Well I trust Christopher Nolan's decision.  Obviously Ledger showed him something that he liked.  I think he'll fit the part but it will just take time to see it.

ToneDef

Jack Nicholson should play him.. OMG, that wud be teh craaaaaazay!

Can't comment too much though until you've seen Ledger actually play him. It shouldn't even be the Joker though. The Joker was born and died in Batman. Nolan having the joker in another film is just so fucking cheeky and if I were Tim Burton I'd be seriously offended.

No doubt it'll turn out great as another version of the character.. But I'm just saying it shouldn't even be happening.

Fireal1222

nicholson was the best joker

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: ToneDef on Jul 21, 2006, 07:48 AM
Can't comment too much though until you've seen Ledger actually play him. It shouldn't even be the Joker though. The Joker was born and died in Batman. Nolan having the joker in another film is just so fucking cheeky and if I were Tim Burton I'd be seriously offended.

I don't get your point. This is a whole new series in a different time zone, different everything. I can't understand why people keep referring to the older movies because this one is on it's own. It can do whatever it wants without using Burtons' as reference.

And Ben mentioned on another board that he would like to see Crispin Glover [http://imdb.com/name/nm0000417/]  as The Joker. I think that would be a perfect role for him.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Breach Unborn

no matter who they pick it will be a let down when compared to Jack

Jerry_Curls

Why? Jack Nicholson played Jack playing the Joker.

I liked it, but it just wasn't the Joker.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

defskull

Crispin Glover would be pretty cool.  But if Ledger can pull it off, then he truly is a force to be reckoned with.

Malpractice

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Jul 21, 2006, 09:51 PM

thank god someone else finally said it

i personally wanted lachy hulme to get the role but i trust nolan's decision

HardAttack27

i think adrian brody would be a great joker
Listening to Crenshaw Punch / I'll Throw Rocks At You  by Deftones : http://www.napster.com/player/tracks/15828049

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Crispin Glover? Man, that's the greatest idea ever.

bloody_liver

BATMAN BEGINS BLOWS

iceache

Heath Ledger sucks as an actor, so boo

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: bloody_liver on Jul 26, 2006, 12:40 AM
I REALLY WANT TO BLOW YOU FAIL ME

Woah dude, where'd that come from?

Want my address?

MeR

Everyone always names Crispin, I mean he's a crazy looking guy and has done roles that fit that, but to be quite honest I would abhor that choice for the Joker. The man can't really act other than that persona, and from what I've read and heard, this joker will be a little more complex character wise.

But its pretty much a done deal with Heath, announced at comic con and all that junk, I shall reserve judgement though until I actually see him in the role.

Another name thatwas thrown around that would have been cool is Paul Bettany

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

lithium royalty

Quote from: Malpractice on Jul 23, 2006, 07:36 AM
Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Jul 21, 2006, 09:51 PM

thank god someone else finally said it

i personally wanted lachy hulme to get the role but i trust nolan's decision

i agree, he played burton's joker.

nicholson played a funny psychotic lunatic.

and also, burton butchered the penguin, the penguin was never half penguin
he didnt live in the sewer, he didnt bleed green ooze, and he didnt have an army of penguins with lazers attached to they heads neither...