Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

General VIDEOGAMES / Gamesindustry Discussion

Started by Moz La Punk, Sep 05, 2006, 09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

I resisted most of it. I kind of regret not buying Civ Revolution. But I did get Grid and Dirt 2 for super cheap so that'll tide me over. Just kind of sucked that I already had most of the games.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

Oh and yeah I am actually looking forward to another Assassins Creed. It does feel a little unnecessary to keep making a new one every single year, but I did really enjoy the last one. And AC4 could be awesome if its exploration and open (water)world is anything like Zelda: Wind Waker.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

I bought dirt 2 as well. I think maybe it's even cheaper over here. I payed like the equivalent of 5.25  dollars for max payne 3.

bright lights, big city

wow yeah that's definitely cheaper. and Max Payne 3 was a blast.
DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Splinter Cell Blacklist Collector's Edition Trailer [NORTH AMERICA]

This looks way too fucking sick but $169 holy fuck! I will buy some other special edition,I like the UK version with the statue of the dude =\
Also looking forward for Deadpool's game my favorite Marvel antihero LOL.I wonder when Ubisoft is gonna make a new Prince Of Persia game.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Deadpool's game release date is 06/25/13! First day buyer for sure!

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Looks like there is another Wolfenstein called Wolfenstein: The New Order, what you guys think? Will they get it right this time? I truly hope so because I would like to play this on PS3.

Wolfenstein: The New Order - Announcement Trailer

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Wolfenstein: The New Order Video Preview

Gameplay from the new Wolfenstein
I think it looks fucking sick! What do guys think?

Hank

GOD..

the ending of Skyrim was so epic....can't wait to see the next chapter.

N0S3BLEED976

The storyline of Skyrim was boring and generic. Skyrim lives through its open and detailed world, in my opinion.

Crazylegs

I agree with nosebleed, i found oblivion much more enjoyable, but that might just be because it was my first real experience with elder scrolls.

I just played through metro 2033 which i thought became very enjoyable toward the end, allthough like the book of course the story is pretty weak. The setting and themes are videogame gold though.

Jacob

It's no secret that I don't like those games very much. Yes, the open world is fun for a few hours, but you soon learn that nothing you do actually affects anything and the entire world is just the same thing over and over. NPC's have the same lines wherever you are, all dungeons look alike and you fight the same enemies constantly. They should focus more on story and good content.

I can't wait for The Witcher 3. Loved the first two, and the third one will be as big as Skyrim in size, but with actual choice and consequence. They've even gone as far as comparing to everything they thing Skyrim did wrong, and how they will make it better. It's time for Bethesda to die a horrible death.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Killer Instinct - E3 2013 Stage Demo

Looks like we have videogames on the remaking.
Bah
Never a fan of this game.

Hank

Quote from: Jacob on Jun 02, 2013, 08:44 PM
It's no secret that I don't like those games very much. Yes, the open world is fun for a few hours, but you soon learn that nothing you do actually affects anything and the entire world is just the same thing over and over. NPC's have the same lines wherever you are, all dungeons look alike and you fight the same enemies constantly. They should focus more on story and good content.

I can't wait for The Witcher 3. Loved the first two, and the third one will be as big as Skyrim in size, but with actual choice and consequence. They've even gone as far as comparing to everything they thing Skyrim did wrong, and how they will make it better. It's time for Bethesda to die a horrible death.

I loved the ending of Skyrim and the whole gaming experience to go with it. I love anything with mystical folklore and creatures and that game did both right. Never had a awesome PC to explore alot of games I wanted to so it was a win. Along with Oblivion and Fallout 3/ New Vegas.
Bethesda is great .

Thank You for the Witcher recommendation  though. I'm playing part 2 and about 2 hours in and it's fucking awesome.

Hank

" new gen"  looks just a little improved..lighting and shit

not a leap like PS1 -PS2

man...

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Hank on Nov 19, 2013, 07:39 AM
" new gen"  looks just a little improved..lighting and shit

not a leap like PS1 -PS2

man...
It was never going to be that noticable because although the poly count has increased alot it's at a point where our eyes can't really distinguish it properly,the more noticable things are stuff like draw distance and the ability to have more objects on screen.

Look at this picture at you'll see what I mean, although the polycount have increased at a higher ratio that Ps1 to Ps2 it's alot less noticable
http://www.extremetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/polygon-count-diminishing-returns-consoles.jpeg

Hank

It's still not that much diff.

I expected to see alot more.  draw distance and all that other stuff you can obtain doesnt justify the mark up.

I'd like to see half of the cut scenes for these games thats upped justified.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Hank on Nov 19, 2013, 08:42 AM
It's still not that much diff.

I expected to see alot more.  draw distance and all that other stuff you can obtain doesnt justify the mark up.
yeah but you can see a huge improvement in processing power in the more intensive games plus you have to keep in mind these are launch games and as developers spend more time on these new consoles they will learn how to get alot more out of the hardware, have a look at the last generation launch titles they look like complete crap compared to what the exact same consoles are doing now, so when you keep in my mind this new generation is already looking better at launch than the old generation is at full potential you can see how much better these consoles will end up being.

Hank

I'm just speaking out of what I've got / seeing(sitting with a PS4) and what's to come bro...shit looks mad weak . I do get what you are typing but my feeling is..it was just a little to early for all of this..I noticed the difference last gen..I don't see that much diff. when it should be..which is NOW!

price point and everything...yea I know its the start of a cycle but its a weak one compared to the others....

understand?

bright lights, big city

Speaking of Bethesda, rumor has it a Fallout 4 announcement could be coming around December 11. I think that's the night of the video game awards, so here's to hoping some sort of trailer or announcement is imminent!
DERP