General VIDEOGAMES / Gamesindustry Discussion

Started by Moz La Punk, Sep 05, 2006, 09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyalDeftonicBoy

So how is the game guys?
Im still waiting for my Kollector's Edition :/

black coffee

What made my eyes rain:

- They got rid off a lot of cool characters from MK9 ( and my guess is some of them will still see the light of day in form of some kind of "MK9 fighters DLC" )

- No more 1vs2 or 2vs2 tag team fights. Seriously WTF Netherrealm? How can they leave something as important as this out of the game.

- Each character ( no matter which variation ) only has one x-ray each and it gets very repetitive.

What I liked about the game:

- Each character having three variations is a nice idea to balance out match-ups and I like how you really need to focus on the individual fighting style to win.

- Maybe the graphics are not the best for current console generation, but this game runs very smooth and fluent

- Fun online modes

- Even though I complained about missing characters before, I got to admit the new ones are pretty cool too and I don't just mean the obvious Ferra / Torr and D'Vorah, but also characters like Takahashi Takeda, Cassie Cage or Jacqui Briggs.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: black coffee on Apr 20, 2015, 05:27 AM
What made my eyes rain:

- They got rid off a lot of cool characters from MK9 ( and my guess is some of them will still see the light of day in form of some kind of "MK9 fighters DLC" )

- No more 1vs2 or 2vs2 tag team fights. Seriously WTF Netherrealm? How can they leave something as important as this out of the game.

- Each character ( no matter which variation ) only has one x-ray each and it gets very repetitive.

What I liked about the game:

- Each character having three variations is a nice idea to balance out match-ups and I like how you really need to focus on the individual fighting style to win.

- Maybe the graphics are not the best for current console generation, but this game runs very smooth and fluent

- Fun online modes

- Even though I complained about missing characters before, I got to admit the new ones are pretty cool too and I don't just mean the obvious Ferra / Torr and D'Vorah, but also characters like Takahashi Takeda, Cassie Cage or Jacqui Briggs.

Thanks for the input! Anyway this is gonna be my first MK since MK4 LMFAO

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Here is a pic of my Kollector's Edition

Looks amazing and very detailed, goes perfect with all my other action figures :D

black coffee

Even though I've been doing quite well lately in ranked matches I am still considering to buy either a fighting stick or the fighting pad they released not long ago:

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: black coffee on Apr 28, 2015, 02:11 PM
Even though I've been doing quite well lately in ranked matches I am still considering to buy either a fighting stick or the fighting pad they released not long ago:

They dont have very good reviews on amazon man, stuff like the buttons stop working and such but if it works let me know so I might get it too.

black coffee

Thanks for mentioning, in fact I didn't read any reviews up until now.

A few days ago I spoke with some dude ranked way higher than me and he told me he's been using a fight stick for many years and feels that gives him an advantage towards people who play with the normal gamepad. Needles to mention those were some humiliating losses against him, so I considered switching as well. Might just have to accept that theres no professional mkx player in me ;(

anyways how arr you liking the game and what are your favorite variations of characters?

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: black coffee on Apr 29, 2015, 02:41 PM
Thanks for mentioning, in fact I didn't read any reviews up until now.

A few days ago I spoke with some dude ranked way higher than me and he told me he's been using a fight stick for many years and feels that gives him an advantage towards people who play with the normal gamepad. Needles to mention those were some humiliating losses against him, so I considered switching as well. Might just have to accept that theres no professional mkx player in me ;(

anyways how arr you liking the game and what are your favorite variations of characters?

Im enjoying it quite a lot, mostly because this is the 1st MK I play since Mortal Kombat 4 which was a long time ago.
My favorite characters so far are Ermac (Spectre Mode) and Raiden (God Of Thunder Mode).
You can tell Im a noob because the other day I was playing online and I dont know how but I executed a brutality LOL
I might look for a very good arcade stick too and if I get it first I'll let you know what brand is and how is it.
Laters man

black coffee

Believe me when I tell you MK9 is one of the best games of the entire Mortal Kombat series. Came out for PS3 / 360 like 4 years ago but now with the existance of MKX I understand why you wouldn't be interested in its predecessor.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

black coffee

Honest Trailer for MKX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij2Erm1cSqA

regarding DLC's, I definitely want Tremor. Also Rain looks like a cool character in the story mode.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

On Tuesday Jason is arriving to Amazon as single DLC content. Im so getting him.

deftones47

Been playing Splatoon a lot since I got it a few days ago. Game's addicting as fuck.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Crazylegs

Fuckin' fallout 4, mang. Looks good as a fuck.

bright lights, big city

This fall is going to be brutal with the amount of games I'm going to want to buy.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bebo

Anyone else make out pretty well with this summers steam sale? Think I added 15+ games to my library.... feels gud. Currently playing through Dues Ex: HR, about time

bright lights, big city

I just trying to mop up my back catalog, and now I'm finishing up Deux Ex. Pumped for the new one. Wanna dock?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

normsteez

Anyone played any good games recently? I just finished The Evil Within which was pretty good.

I can't wait for Uncharted 4!
May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

Crazylegs

Metal Gear Solid V! Best game i've played recently.