Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones @ Cabaret Vert Festival, France

Started by SomeOf, Aug 30, 2009, 10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SomeOf

I don't know if it's the right place for the post but I want to share with you my pictures of the show of yesterday (not really good quality). It was crazy!

Setlist:

Feiticeira
My Own Summer
Lhabia
Hexagram
Beware
Elite
Nosebleed
Root
Korea
RX Queen
When Girls Telephone Boys
Digital Bath
Be Quiet And Drive
Head Up
Change
Back To School
--------------------------
Passenger

Note the mistake for "Feiticeira" (Fieticiera lol), and they don't play Minerva!

slyartwork

DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

yeah

same spelling of "feiticeira" I've found on BBC site :)

yeah

Longstem

hi guys,

I attended the concert last night.

It was a 2 houres drive from my place to the festival, a long drive cause it seems like there were no highways to the festival.
Finally arrived around 3pm and parked 'FOR FREE' the car at a nearby parkinglot, first positive point of this festival.

The festival called 'Le Cabaret Vert' was really a nice discovery and a recommandation for people in the area who love alternative music.
Not too crowded (10 000 visitiors) althought it was sold out.

They served only but local food (poulet rôti (chicken) and I ate someting called 'andoulette'... a big sandwich with merguez , fries for only 5€.
There was a good choice of alternative beers (I tried weed beer) and funny thing : NO coca cola.

It was pretty warm that day but there was a  lot of shadow and places like an indoor movietheater, a circus were you could rest under trees etc... really really cool.

Only 2 stages but Ive seen a lot of good bands, dont ask cause I dont remember any names.

Towards 19U30 I placed myself in front of the main stage were Deftones was supposed to play around 20.25. I met some people from Belgium who spoke flemish (everyone else was speaking french) and so time passed by very quickly.

Deftones came up on time and the crowd got wild, very wild. Im used to moshpits (been there for more than 10 years) but I didnt feel the need to push and jump the whole time so I stood the rest of the concert at a further distance (still enjoyed the concert though)

They played the usual setlist (like pukkelpop and other festivals) only passenger surprised me. They planned to play minerva too but finally didnt. I suppose they were in a need of time , since they had to leave quickly for the UK again. for ex: the merch sold only until 10pm)

No special remarks on this gig, they (once again) seemed to have a lot of fun. Chino made fun of Abe and Steph (mr Cunningham and Mr Carpenter)
Chino didnt talk a lot to the crowd but.. you know... when he does its genuine, its different than the last tours.. the crowd appreciated it very much.

One minor detail : the band played way to fucking loud. Lucky enough I wore my earpluggs because without would be fuckin painfull. this raises the next question: are deftones still a healthy band?? The constant touring and loud music must be destroying their health.

greetings
Tom

mr.sinister

Yeah I think the Deftones are just a "loud band" albeit I love it. When I saw them live they played so loud and powerful that every time Chi played a line or Abe hit his bass drum I  can feel my organs just vibrating. Awesome. Some bands though are way too fuckin loud and they just sound like  a mess.

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: yeah on Aug 30, 2009, 11:05 AM
why do they ignore Stef's photos?

because all the hair on his face makes him look like a star wars fan who used a Chewbacca costume and reached the stage.

There Will Be Blood

Vesanic

Vesanic

Deftones @ Cabaret Vert, Charleville Mezières, France
August 29th 2009

Going onstage + a bit of Feiticeira

DOWNLOAD

FLV file ripped directly from the site
20.74MB

There Will Be Blood

KLaUThiO

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 30, 2009, 07:32 PM
Deftones @ Cabaret Vert, Charleville Mezières, France
August 29th 2009

Interview + a bit of Feiticeira

DOWNLOAD

FLV file ripped directly from the site
20.74MB

you're the meN!!!
Thx!

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Longstem on Aug 30, 2009, 12:15 PM

I attended the concert last night.  (you lucky bitch)

the band played way to fucking loud. (yyyeah, thats what i like)

are deftones still a healthy band?? (of course they are..)

greetings (nice review)

Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

White Wrist

Vesanic

Ripped and uploaded on YouTube:

[youtube=425,350]QpdZXcmKWz4[/youtube]

yeah

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Aug 30, 2009, 06:21 PM
Quote from: yeah on Aug 30, 2009, 11:05 AM
why do they ignore Stef's photos?

because all the hair on his face makes him look like a star wars fan who used a Chewbacca costume and reached the stage.

blah.. but in a headbanging motion it could be pretty cool