Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sooniletugo

Take that shit to another thread, we discussing Gore here

Koigoreyokan1990

If you read between the lines that's what I'm doing here stoping the argument with my genius explanation, people need examples to stop fighting with one another not just someone saying the word stop or this is annoying

Yoi Yes Kokan

Quote from: Koigoreyokan1990 on Feb 29, 2016, 12:19 PM
If you read between the lines that's what I'm doing here stoping the argument with my genius explanation, people need examples to stop fighting with one another not just someone saying the word stop or this is annoying

I agree with everything you said earlier, we're about the same age and bought white pony the day it came out, beautiful story too that, 100 degree day rode my bike miles to best buy to buy it and bought the red version and the grey one which came with a key chain, and the boys republic was probably favorite song on that piece because i heard it the day it was released, anyway around the fur was my first favorite and I discovered it first and it's obviously lovely. KNY is my favorite though it just has everything they've always done to the maximum effect and I hope gore follows it up and I think it will from the single.

Koigoreyokan1990

Thank you for seeing my points, just trying to bring all us deftones fanatics together , we shouldn't be arguing were all in the same boat, that's an amazing story true deftones blood right there and a great workout! I have a story too with white pony, funny you say that.i heard my own summer before white pony came out and then the whole around the fur straight through while I was camping ( great experience tells why it's my first love) then after two weeks white pony came out I literally saved up dimes and quarters to get 14$ in change and buy it at specs I used all my change and wasn't even embarrassed I was proud lol

B0RNtoR0CK

I'm a member on quite a bit of forums. I've never seen so much dysfunction like I have here.

Can't we all get along. You guys are getting heated up over trivial things. Just enjoy the music. Every album is subjective to the listener.

jaypayton

Quote from: NYRexall on Feb 29, 2016, 05:21 AM
Quote from: jaypayton on Feb 29, 2016, 12:15 AM
I never said KNY sucks but it certainly doesnt come close to 97-2006 era.....you must be one of those Chino ballsuckers where Chino can do no wrong.....I bet you have a Crosses t shirt..maybe 3 of them.....please stop trying to tell me KNY is just as heavy and aggressive an album as ATF or ST..you sound foolish

Actually, I DO like just about everything Chino does, Deftones or otherwise. I guess that's reason enough he's one of my favorite singers ever, but if it makes me a Chino ball-licker to some of the more clueless fans in the community, so be it I guess.

I bet you I have a couple Deftones tour shirts and that's about it, but why would it be a bad thing if I had a Crosses shirt? Oh, that's right; because you don't like Crosses. Game, set, match on your part, I guess  ::)

I love how you couldn't name me even one band in mainstream music who sounds like Deftones (I knew you wouldn't go near that one if called on it) and how you keep claiming that ATF and S/T are the benchmarks of their aggression without providing any proof to support your "argument" (for lack of a better word). For a guy who can't get past the first five Deftones albums, you have quite the nerve calling some of us pandering fanboys  ;D

Mr V seems to be Deftones fan number 1 and he has said the same things i have been saying.......i never said there is another band that sounds like the Deftones but if you cant see the change in direction than you are blind...countless fans have talked about how Chino doesnt scream anymore or how he utilizes clean vocals on the past couple albums way too often....My point all along is I dont need to hear Chino crooning on every fucking song to get the girls wet.

as pitchfork once said
"Even the most ardent Deftones fans will admit Moreno's only got one move in this mode, and that's to basically rewrite "Change (in the House Of Flies)"

rainnyx4

LOL @ Chino crooning to get girls wet.

This band hasn't been commercially successful enough to "get girls wet" for over a decade. Also, the dude looks like a morbidly obese chipmunk nowadays.

The best thing about this band has always been their diversity of sound. I love all of the different moods, tempos, and aural experiences they provide. As long as the albums present a blend of songs featuring a variety of dynamics and it's written in an artistically stimulating and thought provoking way, I'll be happy. I love the heavy stuff and the soft stuff (and even the weird electronic experimental stuff they do like Pink Cellphone, Lucky You, Teenager, etc.) but if it went all the way in one direction, even if it was written extremely well, I'd be disappointed by the lack of variety because that's what has always made this band the best in the world. Give me a couple of straight really heavy songs, a couple of straight soft/experimental songs, and a bunch featuring a combination of both and that's an experience.

77years

Quote from: jaypayton on Feb 29, 2016, 12:15 AM
..please stop trying to tell me KNY is just as heavy and aggressive an album as ATF or ST..you sound foolish

Heavy: KNY, "Royal", "Kimdracula"
Aggressive: Adrenaline, "My Own Summer"

Maybe you only have heard a few other bands in your lifetime to understand

Not sure if you're familiar with slower music without screaming singers that can classify as "heavy" but there's thousands of bands that don't have a screamy singer who are heavy as living fuck

Obvious you want screaming music, not going to happen anymore with Deftones

sing blue silver

I feel like I'm already kinda tiring from Prayers/Triangles. It's good but I just find myself wanting to listen to other things. We need a second song already. Weezer has 4 new songs out for an album coming April 1st. It's been kind of a boring rollout with this album.

2MoreHours

Quote from: sing blue silver on Feb 29, 2016, 11:29 PM
I feel like I'm already kinda tiring from Prayers/Triangles. It's good but I just find myself wanting to listen to other things. We need a second song already. Weezer has 4 new songs out for an album coming April 1st. It's been kind of a boring rollout with this album.

I actually do not want another single until the album comes out.  I always end up playing the singles out and then skipping them when the album comes out.  I just want to hear the whole album the way it's meant to be heard.  Some of the older albums, I can listen to and know exactly what song is coming next because I've played them so many times without skipping songs.  I miss those days.

HooiserBowhunter

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Feb 29, 2016, 08:34 PM

This band hasn't been commercially successful enough to "get girls wet" for over a decade. Also, the dude looks like a morbidly obese chipmunk nowadays.

Chino has probably laid more pipe to tens then you have even ever dreamed about. I always see smoking hot tatted up chicks hash tagging Deftones on twitter. I am sure the other dudes have had their way with smoking hot chicks as well.

xToxin

This thread is embarrassing. 

NYRexall

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Feb 29, 2016, 08:34 PM

The best thing about this band has always been their diversity of sound. I love all of the different moods, tempos, and aural experiences they provide. As long as the albums present a blend of songs featuring a variety of dynamics and it's written in an artistically stimulating and thought provoking way, I'll be happy. I love the heavy stuff and the soft stuff (and even the weird electronic experimental stuff they do like Pink Cellphone, Lucky You, Teenager, etc.) but if it went all the way in one direction, even if it was written extremely well, I'd be disappointed by the lack of variety because that's what has always made this band the best in the world. Give me a couple of straight really heavy songs, a couple of straight soft/experimental songs, and a bunch featuring a combination of both and that's an experience.

This.

End of discussion, really.

NYRexall

Quote from: HooiserBowhunter on Mar 01, 2016, 01:10 AM
I always see smoking hot tatted up chicks hash tagging Deftones on twitter.

Nothing hot about trashy, tatted up chicks, STS.

ANattyRat

Quote from: sing blue silver on Feb 29, 2016, 11:29 PM

Four songs would be too much, though. Imagine already hearing that many songs off the album, it'd ruin it. One more song and I'll be happy, it'll be an easier wait. Not long until the album is out, just over a month, so a second song should drop any day now, and then it's not too long until a brand new album.

NYRexall

This whole trend of releasing four or five songs prior to an album's release is ridiculous. You have nothing left to promote single-wise once the record actually gets released. Plus, the download generation is incredibly fickle, so by the time the album drops, people have already lost interest in the stuff that's been released and the album essentially vanishes without a trace.

Some examples:

The Cure's last album (4:13 Dream) had four singles released off it in the four months leading up to the album. Once the album was released, no more singles were lifted to promote it and the album stalled at 16,000 copies or something. That's atrocious for a band of their stature, even in the modern day.

More recently, the Bloodhound Gang returned with their first new album in over a decade. They released five singles off the record up to a year before it was released, and when the album is finally unveiled, it's got 11 songs on it. Five of which were already released long ago and were way past their sell-by date.

I'm all for Deftones only releasing P/T before April 8th. The majority of their fanbase is bitching about the song anyway, so make them wait for the rest like it used to be 15 years ago. By the time the album is released (provided it doesn't leak weeks ahead of time), fans will be willing to pay twice the retail price just to finally get their hands on it, lol

ANattyRat

I think two singles is good. Four is just crazy. People always talk about overplaying songs, and if you have four songs released, that's like an EP, you have a bunch of new songs from a band you love to listen to absorb, analyse, etc. Only the most patient of people would be able to stop themselves playing those songs enough that they ruin the album. Because then you can't listen to the album as a whole, you'll be skipping songs you've heard 100 times before.

A lot of bands stream their whole album a little bit before the release date, but I think that's to take the power out of it leaking, and it's not that long before the release date, so it doesn't really matter.

King Leer

laurapalmer

Can we delete this and start a new Gore thread?

NYRexall

This is what happens before EVERY Deftones album. We bicker and argue about dumb shit loosely related to the band and their upcoming album until it leaks or gets released. Whining about tradition is worse than whatever is annoying you in the first place.