Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N0S3BLEED976

Next single is probably dropping tomorrow. It's been a month since Prayers/Triangles, the song length from Doomes User has recently been added to iTunes and their playing their first show in 2016 on Saturday. It all hints to a new single tomorrow.

pinata89

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Mar 03, 2016, 06:54 PM
Next single is probably dropping tomorrow. It's been a month since Prayers/Triangles, the song length from Doomes User has recently been added to iTunes and their playing their first show in 2016 on Saturday. It all hints to a new single tomorrow.

All arrows would point along those lines--especially given the addition of song length.  I wouldn't be too upset for another treat!

Sicario

I hope you're right! Although wouldn't there have been an announcement by now? Like a teaser or something?
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

ANattyRat

True, all good signs, but the lack of teaser/announcement makes me lose hope. Maybe it'll just happen out of nowhere though. I hope so. You're definitely right about it being a good time with them playing their first show soon, and iTunes adding the length. At the very least, we'll hear Prayers/Triangles played live, but hopefully another song or two.

Doomed User is the one someone (on a radio show with Chino or something? I don't know) said was the darkest-sounding song, right?

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: ANattyRat on Mar 03, 2016, 08:13 PM
Doomed User is the one someone (on a radio show with Chino or something? I don't know) said was the darkest-sounding song, right?

It's the one that has a classic metal sounding riff in the verses, according to Daniel P Carter

Freedomsoldier17

darkest one was (L)MIRL i think

Reichward

For LMIRL: it said "heaviest" I think. Depends on what you mean by "dark", it could also mean Acid Hologram but all 3 seem pretty violent, musically or lyrically.

HooiserBowhunter

I hope you are right. Didn't we get Prayers/Triangles on a Thursday night? It does seem weird that it is the only other track listed on itunes with the song length.

N0S3BLEED976

We got P/T on a Friday. It's been a month since P/T and it's a month from now until Gore is released. Would make sense to release the next single tomorrow

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Mar 03, 2016, 10:19 PM
darkest one was (L)MIRL i think
Quote from: Reichward on Mar 03, 2016, 10:39 PM
For LMIRL: it said "heaviest" I think. Depends on what you mean by "dark", it could also mean Acid Hologram but all 3 seem pretty violent, musically or lyrically.

Just re-listened to the SWIM Podcast with Chino. He said Acid Hologram was quite dark (not the darkest, though), but he was refering to the lyrical content only.

HooiserBowhunter

How do the Pre-orders even work on itunes? Basically when a song gets released it downloads automatically at like midnight or something?

XJohnnyX

Quote from: HooiserBowhunter on Mar 04, 2016, 01:21 AM
How do the Pre-orders even work on itunes? Basically when a song gets released it downloads automatically at like midnight or something?
good question never have pre-order online, i usually buy the cd and import the songs

NYRexall

Can't wait for the next single to drop so I can read all the real Deftones fans shitting on an album they haven't even heard yet, lol

It amazes me that people still pre-order albums on Itunes. Just buy the $10 Apple Music subscription each month and you can download all the albums you want

XJohnnyX

What are y'alls import settings for all songs? I wished phantom bride was the next single but i will take what i can get, all these fans talking "shit" let them it usually wakes up the forum

NYRexall

Quote from: XJohnnyX on Mar 04, 2016, 02:05 AM
What are y'alls import settings for all songs? I wished phantom bride was the next single but i will take what i can get, all these fans talking "shit" let them it usually wakes up the forum

lol the same "fans" who will be on Gore's dick in about six weeks..

XJohnnyX

Quote from: NYRexall on Mar 04, 2016, 03:55 AM
Quote from: XJohnnyX on Mar 04, 2016, 02:05 AM

lol the same "fans" who will be on Gore's dick in about six weeks..
in the end it don't matter if they are or aren't

illthrowROCKS@U

I haven't seen anyone else say anything about Gore except their opinions on what they've actually heard.  I've heard both positive and negative reactions, but in the end all fairly respectful.  I've yet to see anyone say Gore is going to be the worst thing ever, considering they haven't heard anything but P/T at this point.

For better or worse, whether I agree with what they say or not at least it's based on something concrete.  The people like you, however, who've already crowned Gore as Deftones' magnum opus, are the ridiculous ones.  You're basing your assumptions on nothing.  Just relax and stop being so holier-than-thou on every single post you make.  We get it, you're so much of a better person because you like KNY the best and your taste is so refined and mature.  But not everyone likes the same things you do.  It's really annoying and I'm sure I'm not the only one tired of it.

Just wait for the album to drop before you go making assumptions on how good it's going to be.  In either direction.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

luisch