Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Team Sleep

Started by luisch, Feb 13, 2014, 11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarkil

oh wow... Does anyone know why he needed that surgery ?

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

sharinglungs

Quote from: tarkil on Sep 12, 2020, 12:16 PM
oh wow... Does anyone know why he needed that surgery ?

from his instagram

QuoteI got an infection when they cut my umbilical cord right after I was born. The infection went into my blood and I almost died. They said that I might not walk because the infection affected the bone in my left leg. It also damaged my heart. Yesterday I had open heart surgery to repair my aortic valve and aorta. It was planned for a while. The doctors said that for basically my whole life my aortic valve has been leaking and the blood flow has been really inefficient. I think one of the doctors said that it's been pumping at about 70% of capacity. It's hard to tell if this has been affecting me because I always think that if I'm tired or winded, I just need to try harder. Obviously I'm in pain and the recovery will be tough. They said that it will take 4-6 weeks before I can go back to work and about 3-5 months until I can be rigorously active, at which time I look forward to showing off my scar, surfing, and busting your ass at basketball if you step up.

tarkil

Wow... That sucks, poor guy...
Thanks for posting the details man

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Vesanic

That's rough dude..

I_Know_ok

He's doing better. Recovering. Send him some encouragement/ positive vibes on IG. He's on there quite frequently

@toddwilkinson

Inkblades

Glad to hear that. He seems to be home from the hospital.

I_Know_ok

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 16, 2020, 07:30 AM
Glad to hear that. He seems to be home from the hospital, so safe to say that he's recovering.

Yea, He even says he's walking and stuff. Really hard after any surgery, but I know it's a little more when it deals with the heart. Especially mentally I'd imagine. Dealt with some family members go through it.

Met him and Crook before a show in 2005. Cool dudes. Awesome show too.  Wish Todd a great recovery.

Gamerjman19

Seems like he's doing good

Inkblades

Gamer, I was meaning to ask you, are you just a Team Sleep fan? Never see you over in the Deftones part of the board.

Gamerjman19

I'm both. I'm more of a fan of older Deftones stuff, but Team Sleep has just resonated with me more. The mysterious vibe it has because of the demos and visual style makes it more interesting to me. After listening Ohms, I really just want Team Sleep to come back because of all the material they have, and I just feel like there's a lot more creativity that goes into the band. Deftones has devolved into mediocrity to me.

mandalay

Quote from: Gamerjman19 on Sep 28, 2020, 05:43 AM
I'm both. I'm more of a fan of older Deftones stuff, but Team Sleep has just resonated with me more. The mysterious vibe it has because of the demos and visual style makes it more interesting to me. After listening Ohms, I really just want Team Sleep to come back because of all the material they have, and I just feel like there's a lot more creativity that goes into the band. Deftones has devolved into mediocrity to me.
yep.  and yet deftones seem to be having this renaissance period right now.  strange how it works..

Inkblades

Oh, Todd was teasing a music video shoot on his IG a couple days ago. Definitely not for TS, but maybe some solo stuff?

Draken

Kinda irritating how Chino completely ignores his side project TS, it's my favorite thing he's done outside of Deftones. I know Todd had heart surgery recently, I know Chino was pissed about the leaks early on in the project, and I know he wanted it to be low key but it turned into something the label wanted to add pressure on him to produce, but why has it been 15 years without anything new? I think it's time he should revisit it now that his schedule has opened up. I feel like now he wouldn't have to worry about a lot of the stuff he did back then, and I'm sure I'm not the only fan who's dying to hear a new album.

Martin

I dislike the teasing, that ultimately leads to nothing.
And in particular I dislike the absence of 'Dreamland' :(

Alpen44

I got tired of waiting for a new album and gave up on it. And where is "Incomparable" now?) I dont hear from him for a longe time....

Vesanic

Someone posted about Fen Fen on reddit and I ended up on a rabid quest for 2007 footage. I know they played March, Fen Fen and New Guitar that they never released. Was there any others?

Anyway I found this live version of March. It's fairly unknown probably because it was uploaded in 2015. The sound saturates but it's very audible.

I have an unreleased although incomplete live version of Fen Fen I'll try to get up.

https://youtu.be/T78sv91waNo

Vesanic

Here's all the unreleased clips from the Pomona 2007 gig that I got from my bud Angel Silva. They include Fen Fen and New Guitar among others. They're short and sound isn't the best but damn Team Sleep sounded amazing in 2007.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnrAMPrMSmzvNUgP9n_nw2J9nCD1eneVk

Inkblades

Nice, thanks for the upload, Vesanic! Good stuff, now we finally have a better idea of Fen Fen outside of the previous clip. What a stunning sounding song.

Inkblades

Double post.

Inkblades

Todd and Gil have finished tracking an EP. Think it's for Todd's solo stuff.