Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Team Sleep

Started by luisch, Feb 13, 2014, 11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sash73

Can anyone post the Team Sleep live shows from earlier in this thread ? I think I last posted 6 months ago.
SO hopefully no one thinks I'm a pain the ass...

Just had a crash way back when and Soulseek is no help. Thanks. :)

Inkblades

Quote from: TheyCallMeP on Apr 26, 2016, 01:10 AM
I can't wait for a second LP from Team Sleep. Todd Wilkinson has his own style, I love it. That, more than anything, defines their sound for me.

Yeah, man. Seriously. I really hope Chino gets going on the vocals for Team Sleep. And Todd's riffs are absolutely beautiful.

pelican fly

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 26, 2016, 08:11 AM
I can't wait for a second LP from Team Sleep. Todd Wilkinson has his own style, I love it. That, more than anything, defines their sound for me.

Yeah, man. Seriously. I really hope Chino gets going on the vocals for Team Sleep. And Todd's riffs are absolutely beautiful.

yea, Todd's stuff just has that feeling to it

I really hope those instagram videos that Chuck posted are at least some TS stuff
the one where a bunch of people are passing around that acoustic and they have a solo playing......epic

E-Money

Quote from: pelican fly on Apr 27, 2016, 05:04 AM
Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 26, 2016, 08:11 AM

yea, Todd's stuff just has that feeling to it

I really hope those instagram videos that Chuck posted are at least some TS stuff
the one where a bunch of people are passing around that acoustic and they have a solo playing......epic

Could u post which one your talking about thx

Inkblades

Gil was tracking drums with Chuck a few days ago. Crook also seems to be in the mix with them, according to some Instagram pics. Come on, 2016 Team Sleep album! You can do it!

hi man

https://youtu.be/jpeBCM3CRIA

YOUR SKULL IS RED - WOODSTOCK SESSIONS (live video)

Crazylegs

Such a good performance. Team Sleep, man. When they're good, they're great.

Deadradio

nicklav

pelican fly

E-Money

Really doesn't get any better. Gil adds so much to the band now.

elite54

I actually liked Zach Hill a lot.

TheyCallMeP

Quote from: elite54 on May 11, 2016, 06:09 AM
I actually liked Zach Hill a lot.

Me too. He got me into a couple different other groups but I always knew him originally as the dude from Team Sleep haha. Seriously though, his spastic drumming really complimented the melodic jams nicely. He has a few fills that just do it for me on the S/T album.

Edit: Gil is a monster though. No disrespect!

E-Money

Me too they are both unique in their own way. But Gil is about as good as it gets. That Woodstock performance is incredible. He totally stole the show. And I don't think he had that much time to prep for it. Pretty incredible. I remember them saying he flew in last minute.

Corleone

Team Sleep > Deftones

now..

Deadradio

From Chuck's Instagram in the studio with Gil. Hard to make out what is on the paper though.

[Img]
http://postimg.org/image/cpex4d5d7/

Martin

Quote from: Deadradio on Jun 02, 2016, 12:47 AM
From Chuck's Instagram in the studio with Gil. Hard to make out what is on the paper though.

[Img]
http://postimg.org/image/cpex4d5d7/

I think the paper on the top right says 'saudade' at the top.

Cullision

I have Gil's drumsticks from the Woodstock performance. They really got beat to shit.

worship

Late to the party I know, I just heard Woodstock sessions for the first time, it's amazing! Death by plane is 1000x better than the studio one.
Usually I don't listen to live records, but this one is pure gold.

GreenMaggit

The setlist for the Woodstock 2014 session was longer, they played 15 songs (the CD had 9 on them) and I was wondering if the songs which were omitted ever got released or leaked on the internet? Setlist for the night:

Dreamland
No
Ever (Foreign Flag)
Your Skull Is Red
Formant
Oak Park
Blvd. Nights
Princeton Review
New Guitar
Staring at the Queen
Spanish
Death by Plane